**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PSA: If you are holding 6* shards or crystals until November

I'm sure a lot of us are holding 6* crystals and 6* shards until November, because that's when 6* dups start dropping 7* shards.

HOWEVER

I'm also sure a ton of people are going to do this right at 12:01am on November 1st and then be sad. So remember:

1. 7* shards will not drop until the November UPDATE of the game comes out, PROBABLY on November 7th.

2. You actually have to APPLY THE UPDATE to get the shards. It is not enough that the game is updated, you also have to be updated.

3. You should probably WAIT until someone else confirms 7* shards are dropping. Failure is always an option.

4. If you jump the gun, Kabam has already stated they will NOT retroactively give you 7* shards.

5. 6* Max sig duplicates will be dropping a new max sig crystal that contains 7* shards after the November update. That means old max sig crystals will *NOT* be updating their contents to include them after the November update.

=== Dups before the update don't drop 7* shards, max sig crystals dropped before the update don't drop 7*shards. ===

All of this, INCLUDING THE MAX SIG CRYSTAL, has been confirmed (there should be an official statement clarifying the max sig crystal update soonish).

Comments

• Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Here is said official statement re: Max Sig Crystal!

When we release the November build, we will be introducing a new version of the Max Signature Ability Crystal that will provide 7-star shards; the name will remain the same.

Similar to needing to update to the November build to acquire 7-star shards, you will need to update to access the new crystal.

Any current 6-Star Max Sig Crystal existing in a Summoner's stashes will not be updated or adjusted.

TLDR;
    Same name, new art, new description, new rewards, no changes to currently owned crystals.

I read correctly, will we be able to have 7 chips only with Max crystals?
  • This should be pinned at the top so when people flood the forum, we can point them here/
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

When can we start getting 8* shards from 7* dupes?

4 years later
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

When can we start getting 8* shards from 7* dupes?

This... maximum brain power.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    and we are still going to see people messing this up, AND we are also going to see the game bug out and cause issues. waiting or not there will be people posting their failed attempts xD
  • JohnnyBeastJohnnyBeast Posts: 59
    Does anyone have any idea if a preexisting nexus will provide 7* shards? Or will the fully formed crystal need to be acquired after the update as well? I’m about to finish 100%ing act 7 and need to decide if I should leave one path unfinished until post update. If I missed this answer somewhere above my bad
  • SquammoSquammo Posts: 422 ★★★
    I’m not opening any of the upcoming featured until we have word on QS/Galan.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Squammo said:

When is that supposed to be? I assume November but I really have no clue on date.
  • Squammo said:

When is that supposed to be? I assume November but I really have no clue on date.
    Sometime in December is when we will hear if they're being updated or not. This month we got hulkling and wiccan, next will be valkyrie and Thor, and the one after them is Galan and QS
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Pikolu said:

Squammo said:

Sometime in December is when we will hear if they're being updated or not. This month we got hulkling and wiccan, next will be valkyrie and Thor, and the one after them is Galan and QS
    Lol forgot about Valkyrie for a hot minute (also i assume you meant Gorr). That makes sense.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

The real question is, will there be a 7-star IIF in the max sig crystals?

The bigger question is -

What's an IIF?
  • Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Happy new featured crystal day. Reminder: if you’re interested in 7* shards, consider waiting a few more days per the OP. If not, good luck to everyone steaming head first into impatience station.

This is the real “Marshmallow Test”