**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Wolverine ( x23 ) bug ?

Why is X-23's bleed capped at 5 and Wolverine's not?

Comments

• WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    Her bleed was always capped at 5. Don't know why though.
    Possibly to keep it from being too op as it is stronger than wolverines
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Makes sense....

I mean that's why stun champs cap out at a certain combo right....?

Cmon kabam. Give x23 her bleeds... or just start making more sense....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

I suspect it is a balancing cap due to her signature ability increasing critical chance (and critical damage) when she stacks 3 or more bleeds. Capping maximum bleeds reduces the chance of X-23 "perma-locking" herself into a higher critical chance by being able to permanently keep at least three bleeds stacked.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    She would be awesome if it was left uncapped... she would be the SL of mutants...
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I suspect it is a balancing cap due to her signature ability increasing critical chance (and critical damage) when she stacks 3 or more bleeds. Capping maximum bleeds reduces the chance of X-23 "perma-locking" herself into a higher critical chance by being able to permanently keep at least three bleeds stacked.

Yes but look at GP and AA… both are consistently tiered MUCH higher than X23 and they stack more than just bleeds sky high… and then there's things like Voodoo and Hype who use Poison and Incinerate very often for considerable damage as well.

And then there is NC who Duped causes around 4k on crits plus an extra 1200 Inst-Bleed thanks to L3 and fury which I've been able to get RoL WS down in only about 300 hits in making him my second fastest after SL himself
  • HazemHazem Posts: 243
    Not a bug, it works as intended..if x23 bleed wasn't capped at 5 imagine the dmg she would deal, so i guess it's best for all
    Hazem wrote: »
    Not a bug, it works as intended..if x23 bleed wasn't capped at 5 imagine the dmg she would deal, so i guess it's best for all

So you are against nerfing defense but when it comes to actually fixing attackers with BUFFSyou are firmly against that?!

THIS is the problem with the community
  • Salvy4Salvy4 Posts: 84
    They need to improve her regen
  • Hey All,

This is not a bug. X-23 has an extremely powerful Bleed, and the cap was put in place for the sake of balance. She's always been this way. She's a very capable Champion, and even with a cap on the stacks of bleed, she's a force to be reckoned with!
  • HazemHazem Posts: 243
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Hazem wrote: »

So you are against nerfing defense but when it comes to actually fixing attackers with BUFFSyou are firmly against that?!

THIS is the problem with the community

First of all x23 doesn't need any buffs, she's a great champ, secondly I'm not against champs buff, and it's pointless to ask kabam to nerf or buff any champ so it's better to deal with what we have got rn, and lastly shut up noob
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Yes but look at GP and AA… both are consistently tiered MUCH higher than X23 and they stack more than just bleeds sky high… and then there's things like Voodoo and Hype who use Poison and Incinerate very often for considerable damage as well.

And then there is NC who Duped causes around 4k on crits plus an extra 1200 Inst-Bleed thanks to L3 and fury which I've been able to get RoL WS down in only about 300 hits in making him my second fastest after SL himself

That isn't really relevant to the question, which was why X-23's bleeds are capped. Not every game design decision has an easy to determine or articulate reason for existing per se, but this one seems to have an obvious one.

I understand your point about that decision not appearing to be consistent with other decisions to you, but keep in mind that this is something that's generally unavoidable. If you performed all of the game balancing for all of the champions in this game, you would have a specific reason for every decision you made, even if those decisions appeared to be inconsistent to an outside observer. Your reasons would still be your reasons. If asked, those would be the only answers you could give.
    Hey All,

This is not a bug. X-23 has an extremely powerful Bleed, and the cap was put in place for the sake of balance. She's always been this way. She's a very capable Champion, and even with a cap on the stacks of bleed, she's a force to be reckoned with!

Yes because each bleed after 5 just replaces an old one which is very detrimental especially with Deep wounds

GP, AA, Voodoo, and many others have VERY powerful and easy to sack abilities that make them better so why only cap X23?
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    X-23 is still a great sustainable champion, most champions that have lots of stackable debuffs like GP, AA,BP and many others don't have the regen capabilities of X-23 so the bleed cap is understandable to balance out her overall abilities. The main reason her bleed is capped is because before patch 12.0 her signature ability made her crit rate crazy and her bleed would have had quite more stackable potential and damage than even Gwenpool which would have made her overpowered compared to the champions available at the time paired with the regen. Please don't call it bug just to get attention and because you don't agree with it, it clearly isn't a bug and she is still a great champion with the cap.
  • Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Hey All,

Yes because each bleed after 5 just replaces an old one which is very detrimental especially with Deep wounds

GP, AA, Voodoo, and many others have VERY powerful and easy to sack abilities that make them better so why only cap X23?

IMO AA & Voodoo are great champs but they are so 'meh' against bleed & poison immune champs. At least X-23 stacks cruelty when you bring her against bleed immune.
    @Sungj has a point

But this what v14? Time to update
    ^why the flag? Seriously the flat values are gone and many champs have very different crit rates now

And unless Kabam is incompetent (a high possibility) they don't have to make 6 stacks influence her signature ability
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    If they start nerfing other champs instead of buffing x-23, im losing faith towards kabam
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    As in bleed stack cap