**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Unlinking a deleted account from an iOS device

Does anyone know a way of unlinking a deleted account from an iOS device, short of doing a factory reset? I'm assuming the account is linked to the UDID of the device. Doesn't seem to be a unique installation ID as I can delete the app, reinstall and it still remains linked to the deleted account.

So, you might ask why this is a problem, why don't you just log out? Well because it can't tell the difference between a deleted account (I submitted a deletion request) and a banned account. So it thinks my old account is banned. If the app thinks you're using a banned account, you get a splash screen with no menu options, you cannot do anything from that screen.

As I mentioned before, deleting the app and reinstalling does nothing.

Well, you might ask yourself, why don't you lodge a support ticket? I did that too... in fact I've lodged three tickets. Initially, their response will indicate that they don't really understand that I'm talking about a deleted and not banned account. Secondly, they ask me for my current IGN. Well that doesn't work either, because I have a new account with the same IGN as the old one. They ask me for my email address... so fine. I send all the information through and I never get a reply to that, eventually I get a reply saying that they're waiting on information from me. I email back saying I've already sent it, to which I never get a follow up. This same sequence has happened three times!!

So, how do I unlink an account? I don't want to do a factory reset, support are not replying and I've had a search and found nothing useful.

Comments

• CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Are you saying you created a new account with the exact same IGN as an already existing account?
  • MirawjMirawj Posts: 3
    Try going into the Game Center of your iOS device and logging out of that. That’s probably what’s preventing the game from changing accounts when you delete and reinstall. I think that might work
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    No that's not it either. That was one of the first things I tried. Created a new Game Center profile and that didn't fix it.
    CFree said:

Are you saying you created a new account with the exact same IGN as an already existing account?

No. I created a new account with the exact same IGN as a deleted account.

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    The issue is the three tickets... are you speaking to three Reps? You may have given information to one rep and the other did not get the details. I don’t know Kabam’s ticketing system, but it may not be convenient for the tech support reps an easily allow them to see other pending issues.

The issue is the three tickets... are you speaking to three Reps? You may have given information to one rep and the other did not get the details. I don’t know Kabam’s ticketing system, but it may not be convenient for the tech support reps an easily allow them to see other pending issues.

Three separate tickets because they keep closing them saying I haven't replied... except that I have on each one. The problem is that once they close the ticket, you can't reply to it anymore.

I know it's not that I am unable to reply to any ticket, I've lodged support tickets before and not had any problem going back and forth. It's just THIS issue.

I also have a theory that Kabam don't actually delete accounts. They change the username to something random and mark the account as banned. How did I come up with this theory? Well, I was logged in to my account when it was "deleted". My account username changed to something completely different while I was still logged in and then I was promptly booted out. Now when I try to use the device, it says the account is "banned". It doesn't say it doesn't exist. It's quite possible they can't unlink the account, because they can't find it.
  • edited October 2019
    Hey Corkscrew, I'm sorry to hear your concerns in this instance haven't been addressed by our Support Team just yet.

Unfortunately, we don't have direct access to in-game accounts and are unable to help with issues like this here in the Forums. Therefore, I recommend getting back in touch with our Support Team for further assistance.
This discussion has been closed.