**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are u guys complaining about 6* champs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The gold needed for 6* will be insane
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    The gold needed for 6* will be insane

Very true
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I'm sorry, what is the argument here that is for introducing 6*? You think the very top level players needed it? I'd argue you're wrong, they finished all available content quite a while back and they are still here. First opening 5* r5 would alleviate some of that built-up pressure, then they could always add another challenge or then talk about 6* once a lot of players reached the plateau.

At this point, there isn't a single person at the top of the 5* mountain.
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I know they said rank 5s will be available before 6* but they announced both at the same time. We didn't even know when t5 basics were coming but now

True, they early announced em to make up for those who dupe useless champs like kk, antman, etc
    Its the constantly moving carrot, at some point people give up trying to get it because every time they think they are making headway it gets further away. Same thing with nerfing champs. You think you've managed to put together a strong team. Used your resources in the best way possible and all of a sudden Dr. Strange is worthless and you just finished ranking him up. They keep doing it and achieving things becomes more discouraging than rewarding.

Yes, again, if u have achieved everything u want, there'll be no point to continue playing

but they make it so you can never achieve what you want

There is no possible way for me to ever play in the top tier now, because while I advance, they will advance at a greater rate. So now the game is redundant. You spend resources, grind content and feel like you are advancing. But what you are really doing is working to stay where you are. The futility of it sucks much of the enjoyment and now there is nothing that can be achieved. Just the illusion of advancement.

Ur current ally will be growing with u so u r advancing in aq, aw, etc...plus 4 and 5*s and their requirements will be more available so it'll be easier and rewards r gonna be better

But without an end game strength, the alliances ahead of us will grow away from us at the same rate. So we will be treading water. I have a limited amount of time to play. I can't get champs through arenas because of this. I advance at a slower but steady rate. But I figured eventually I could get in that top tier, it will just take me longer. Well now I know I never will because they will keep making that top tier further away any time I think I am making progress.

You asked why people are complaining, I'm telling you why. What are you arguing with me for, did you want an answer or were you looking for an argument. Maybe my opinions do not apply to your situation. Maybe you like endlessly chasing a carrot, I don't particularly care what your reasoning is for liking it. I never asked. You did, take the answer and move on.

I'm discussing why u complaining, i don't see something wrong with that, it's in general discussion section...however, the more u play the more u get, don't expect those players who just do quests will be like those who grind arena and everything, hard work required here

People will get bored with a game regardless of whether that game keeps adding harder levels or not. Which is pretty much all this is, making harder higher levels. That isn't what people look for in games. They want to complete games, to keep them interested they like new and different content. Not harder content. They want to inject more interest from the high end players, include bases that they have been promising since before I started playing. Fix the bugs that people are complaining about so the game works right all the time. Change some content that has become repetitive, like every single war having the same buffs on the same nodes on the same map over and over and over. That is what is stale with this game. If you complied a list of things the customer base wanted to see to better this game, I doubt six stars would reach the top 100 or so on that list. There are so many things they could do to keep the things fresh and interesting, this was a poor choice for all but a very small portion of the player base. Most likely, at 2 years or so in, most of them will be giving up the game soon anyway, regardless of whether or not 6 stars are added.
  • Options
    I know they said rank 5s will be available before 6* but they announced both at the same time. We didn't even know when t5 basics were coming but now

True, they early announced em to make up for those who dupe useless champs like kk, antman, etc
    Its the constantly moving carrot, at some point people give up trying to get it because every time they think they are making headway it gets further away. Same thing with nerfing champs. You think you've managed to put together a strong team. Used your resources in the best way possible and all of a sudden Dr. Strange is worthless and you just finished ranking him up. They keep doing it and achieving things becomes more discouraging than rewarding.

Yes, again, if u have achieved everything u want, there'll be no point to continue playing

There is no possible way for me to ever play in the top tier now, because while I advance, they will advance at a greater rate. So now the game is redundant. You spend resources, grind content and feel like you are advancing. But what you are really doing is working to stay where you are. The futility of it sucks much of the enjoyment and now there is nothing that can be achieved. Just the illusion of advancement.

Ur current ally will be growing with u so u r advancing in aq, aw, etc...plus 4 and 5*s and their requirements will be more available so it'll be easier and rewards r gonna be better

But without an end game strength, the alliances ahead of us will grow away from us at the same rate. So we will be treading water. I have a limited amount of time to play. I can't get champs through arenas because of this. I advance at a slower but steady rate. But I figured eventually I could get in that top tier, it will just take me longer. Well now I know I never will because they will keep making that top tier further away any time I think I am making progress.

You asked why people are complaining, I'm telling you why. What are you arguing with me for, did you want an answer or were you looking for an argument. Maybe my opinions do not apply to your situation. Maybe you like endlessly chasing a carrot, I don't particularly care what your reasoning is for liking it. I never asked. You did, take the answer and move on.

I'm discussing why u complaining, i don't see something wrong with that, it's in general discussion section...however, the more u play the more u get, don't expect those players who just do quests will be like those who grind arena and everything, hard work required here

People will get bored with a game regardless of whether that game keeps adding harder levels or not. Which is pretty much all this is, making harder higher levels. That isn't what people look for in games. They want to complete games, to keep them interested they like new and different content. Not harder content. They want to inject more interest from the high end players, include bases that they have been promising since before I started playing. Fix the bugs that people are complaining about so the game works right all the time. Change some content that has become repetitive, like every single war having the same buffs on the same nodes on the same map over and over and over. That is what is stale with this game. If you complied a list of things the customer base wanted to see to better this game, I doubt six stars would reach the top 100 or so on that list. There are so many things they could do to keep the things fresh and interesting, this was a poor choice for all but a very small portion of the player base. Most likely, at 2 years or so in, most of them will be giving up the game soon anyway, regardless of whether or not 6 stars are added.

If they just add new content, not hard or something, all players that got some r5s would beat it easily, if u not gonna add new harder content it's not gonna be challenging
  • Options
    I'm sorry, what is the argument here that is for introducing 6*? You think the very top level players needed it? I'd argue you're wrong, they finished all available content quite a while back and they are still here. First opening 5* r5 would alleviate some of that built-up pressure, then they could always add another challenge or then talk about 6* once a lot of players reached the plateau.

Nah my friend, alot of players that beat LOL 100% retired or sold their accounts, if all players got some r5 5*s, what will be the point to play, it's gonna be very boring game in the end if they kept it capped at 5*s
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

Nah my friend, alot of players that beat LOL 100% retired or sold their accounts, if all players got some r5 5*s, what will be the point to play, it's gonna be very boring game in the end if they kept it capped at 5*s

That argument doesn't make sense. Currently 5* r4 IS the end and it doesnt stop tons from sticking around, there's no way to progress past that point. Adding 5* r5 would not stop them either.

If that's the issue, I'd rather see them add r6 and leave us wanting that instead.
  • Options

That argument doesn't make sense. Currently 5* r4 IS the end and it doesnt stop tons from sticking around, there's no way to progress past that point. Adding 5* r5 would not stop them either.

If that's the issue, I'd rather see them add r6 and leave us wanting that instead.

Dude people want it to stay capped at 5*s, and we all know that they gonna provide t5bc in act 5 so they would be addicted till they beat act 5, then nothing much to do, that's gonna be the problem
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I just expected the transition of 6*s to be the same as when 5*s arrived on the scene. Resources were readily available for a while to max rank and if you didn't have a maxed 4* you still had a very decent amount at r4. 4*s were also easy to maintain at that time in comparison to our current 5*s.
    With 5*s they are still scarce and most of the player base has little to no r4 5*s. Resources are there for r4, just have to choose not to rank because the champion pool is still garbage. Its just odd how they are gonna finally add t5 after so long but then add 6*s when you can finally max your 5*s.
  • Options
    Hey there everyone, we've currently got a thread going for the discussion of 6-Stars that can be found here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

We'd like to keep the conversation focused in one place, so I'll be closing this thread. You can continue to provide your thoughts, insights, and feedback in the discussion I've linked above.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I know they said rank 5s will be available before 6* but they announced both at the same time. We didn't even know when t5 asics were coming but now 6* will follow shortly after
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★

People will get bored with a game regardless of whether that game keeps adding harder levels or not. Which is pretty much all this is, making harder higher levels. That isn't what people look for in games. They want to complete games, to keep them interested they like new and different content. Not harder content. They want to inject more interest from the high end players, include bases that they have been promising since before I started playing. Fix the bugs that people are complaining about so the game works right all the time. Change some content that has become repetitive, like every single war having the same buffs on the same nodes on the same map over and over and over. That is what is stall with this game. If you complied a list of things the customer base wanted to see to better this game, I doubt six stars would reach the top 100 or so on that list. There are so many things kabam could do to keep the things fresh and interesting, this was a poor choice for all but a very small portion of the player base. Most likely, at 2 years or so in, most of them will be giving up the game soon anyway, regardless of whether or not 6 stars are added.
This discussion has been closed.