**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Vision Aarkus - Unfair synergy & Missing informations

2»

Comments

• Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★

@Jack0312 people have given fair and sound advice pertaining to this. Fact is, you CAN prepare for the next time 5 and 6* OG Vision come around to eventually utilize this synergy in Act 6. I on the other hand may NEVER get 5 or 6* Masacre (just as a real world example) from a Crystal to get my full Incinerate Trinity synergy going in Act 6 to go with my Domino and Rulk.

If anything, OG Vision being purchasable opens his availability to anyone willing to either pay on the spot, or grind and save for him. While you may not agree with Kabam putting him behind a would be 'paywall' it's technically not a legitimate one. He can in fact be earned without cash. Whether you have the patience and resolve for such an endeavor is another thing entirely. That's completely on you.

Personally, I'm saving for his next appearance. I've wanted him for awhile, but had other things in mind for my units in the past. Now, I'm prepping myself for it. It's a choice, like many things in this game. He's been available for purchase for a longtime and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The biggest stab is the 4* or less tier restrictions in Act 6, not his availability. Just the same, it is what it is. That's how Act 6 works. You seem to be complacent with this aspect, but not the longer running aspect of OG Vision being a purchasable Champion.

@SiriusBreak I'm not complaining about restrictions in act6, but this synergy is sending the signal that we have to spend units in a champ we'll never use only for bringing a synergy in the act6 !
    I'm forced to grind units for a champ I don't wanna play whereas my units would be invested in cavalier crystals or in ressources (revives for example...)

At least @Kabam Miike can you ask the developpers to include Vision AOU in the crystals ? As an exclusive champ like Black Widow or maybe as a permanent champ ?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

I followed the discussion and I can say both sides have a point. It is unfair there is no 5* alternative to have this synergy but to buy the offer. Especially as you need it twice, OG Vision is useless without his sig.

But, the offer can be bought with in-game currency. As it is periodical, you can have months to prepare for it. The OP's inability to have restraint is no excuse.

I do compare it with UC: you can only buy him as well. Nobody complains about that.

@Colonaut123 the difference is that you don't need UC ONLY for a synergy.
    Where UC is required for a synergy, you also have Juggernaut (which is available in crystals).
    Here, Vision AOU is not available in 5-6* and OG Vision is only purchasable with units and/or $ !
    Again: you can save units for that. Really, that's better than the alternative: searching for that exact champion in a crystal with a lot of others. At least with the offer you get what you pay for. You know the price and it is doable if you're willing to work for it without spending a dollar/euro/pound/yen/whatever.

I get that it is unfair because the offer isn't all year round. You never know for sure if or when it pops up again. Be glad though: it used to be 15k units for 5* Vision, now it is 3k and 15k is for the 6*. That's for the price of 10 cavalier crystals that maybe yield no 5* or 6* champion. I think I might start saving and try to buy the 5*, or at least a double 4*.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

@Jack0312 people have given fair and sound advice pertaining to this. Fact is, you CAN prepare for the next time 5 and 6* OG Vision come around to eventually utilize this synergy in Act 6. I on the other hand may NEVER get 5 or 6* Masacre (just as a real world example) from a Crystal to get my full Incinerate Trinity synergy going in Act 6 to go with my Domino and Rulk.

If anything, OG Vision being purchasable opens his availability to anyone willing to either pay on the spot, or grind and save for him. While you may not agree with Kabam putting him behind a would be 'paywall' it's technically not a legitimate one. He can in fact be earned without cash. Whether you have the patience and resolve for such an endeavor is another thing entirely. That's completely on you.

Personally, I'm saving for his next appearance. I've wanted him for awhile, but had other things in mind for my units in the past. Now, I'm prepping myself for it. It's a choice, like many things in this game. He's been available for purchase for a longtime and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The biggest stab is the 4* or less tier restrictions in Act 6, not his availability. Just the same, it is what it is. That's how Act 6 works. You seem to be complacent with this aspect, but not the longer running aspect of OG Vision being a purchasable Champion.

@SiriusBreak I'm not complaining about restrictions in act6, but this synergy is sending the signal that we have to spend units in a champ we'll never use only for bringing a synergy in the act6 !
    I'm forced to grind units for a champ I don't wanna play whereas my units would be invested in cavalier crystals or in ressources (revives for example...)

At least @Kabam Miike can you ask the developpers to include Vision AOU in the crystals ? As an exclusive champ like Black Widow or maybe as a permanent champ ?
    That's not different than sinergies with kang, thanos, or OG Ultron for example.
    This was already said multiple times. Don't try to use the synergy on act 6 then, since you won't be able to do so unless you want to, and do what you need to do in order to use it.
  • Hey there, we appreciate the feedback on this topic and can pass it along. Since everyone seems to have shared their side and things have gotten a little argumentative, we're going to be closing this thread down.
This discussion has been closed.