**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who loves spider Gwen?

GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Hey guys, I think spider Gwen is amazing but no one seem to be talking about her at all.

Is she the science Elsa bloodstone? Or she actually has the love she deserves?

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I enjoy her a lot, but I also know that she's not the best at anything in particular.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,349 ★★★★★
    I love sg more than most champs in the science class
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Got a sig 200 r5 5* and a r2 6* (who will go to r3 when duped) so I would say I’m a pretty big fan! She does need the symbiote synergy to get the decent damage numbers but she is massively underrated IMO
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I am planning on r3ing mine.

I’m torn, because I have a 6* Torch, Void and Gwen. Torch and void are unawakened but I have a 6* science gem I was saving to awaken the other when/if I pull one. I’ve never formed or pulled a science and I’m about half way.

I’d love to rank 3 my Gwen, I just would feel like I’d be missing out on torch and void. I feel torch is a great rank 3 (duh) just because the increase in health is great for when you need to build smoulder. Void would get a nice damage boost, as he’s kinda lacking sometimes. Then the last thing is I have a Miles Morales as a wild card and his buff could be awesome.

But Gwen is so fun at times, and the damage boost would be great for her.

At this rate it’ll take me another year to form a science so I’ve got plenty of time to decide
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

I’m torn, because I have a 6* Torch, Void and Gwen. Torch and void are unawakened but I have a 6* science gem I was saving to awaken the other when/if I pull one. I’ve never formed or pulled a science and I’m about half way.

I’d love to rank 3 my Gwen, I just would feel like I’d be missing out on torch and void. I feel torch is a great rank 3 (duh) just because the increase in health is great for when you need to build smoulder. Void would get a nice damage boost, as he’s kinda lacking sometimes. Then the last thing is I have a Miles Morales as a wild card and his buff could be awesome.

At this rate it’ll take me another year to form a science so I’ve got plenty of time to decide
    I would 100% r3 Torch and Void first. I already have r3 torch and he is amazing. R3 void would be so cool as wel.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Faseeh said:

Gildenlow said:

Hey guys, I think spider Gwen is amazing but no one seem to be talking about her at all.

Science elsa? They both have good dmg and counter evade but kinda different
    I said that referring to Elsa being so underrated
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Since I run Venom 24/7, Spidergwen is really great champion. She needs dupp and high sig helps her, but there is a big competition for Science sigs.

People recognize her as a great champion but I don't see her being used too much.

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I would 100% r3 Torch and Void first. I already have r3 torch and he is amazing. R3 void would be so cool as wel.
    Yeah me too, I just enjoy Gwen but not enough to fully commit to R3 her first. Hopefully my science t5c pulls will increase,

I probably will wait for that Miles buff though, see if he’s worth awakening and ranking
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    One of my favourites and quite possibly my most used champ. I’ve used her for absolutely everything, story content, all variants except the first two, offence in wars etc. She’s extremely fun and very good at what she does. I actually have a 5/65 sig 200 and a 2/35 6* so that I can use her in two places at once. Her synergies are great too, I use daredevil and venom a lot so combining those is great. I will absolutely be taking my 6* to rank 3 whenever I get the chance. The only situation I use cap IW over her is when I need to shrug debuffs, otherwise I always pick her first because I personally think she just tackles a lot of stuff better. She definitely deserves more credit.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

I enjoy her kit, especially in long fights where she has the space to build up her Spider-Sense charges, especially with her Gwenom Rising synergy active to trade a bit of Evade chance for some extra Attack power. I've used the Enervate on her SP1 to keep opponents form gaining Power from being hit for pretty long periods of fights. That, combined with the Slow on her Heavy and increased Evade chance against Unlockable Special Attacks made her my main choice whenever a tricky Doctor Doom fight comes up.

I don't suppose you would share your favorite team when you're using Gwen
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Just commented about this in V7 thread, but been wondering if she’s low key best champ for boss in V7. The evade on unblockable specials distinguishes her utility from the other top science champs.

Per the Elsa comparison actually deciding between SG, Elsa, and Kingpin for a 6* 1-2 gem. SG is only one duped (sig 20). Was leaned towards Elsa, but now think SG might help more for V7 explore...
  • 7h3wh173r488177h3wh173r48817 Posts: 20

Already did r3 her, lot of fun to play and still has a few uses.
  • Killer354Killer354 Posts: 130
    She was one of my first 4*s. I really enjoyed playing her and still use her occasionally.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    I like her especially her animations but I haven't been able to pull her above 3*
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited April 2021

I enjoy her kit, especially in long fights where she has the space to build up her Spider-Sense charges, especially with her Gwenom Rising synergy active to trade a bit of Evade chance for some extra Attack power. I've used the Enervate on her SP1 to keep opponents form gaining Power from being hit for pretty long periods of fights. That, combined with the Slow on her Heavy and increased Evade chance against Unlockable Special Attacks made her my main choice whenever a tricky Doctor Doom fight comes up.

Kabam "Insightful" Zibiit. But really, Spider-Gwen counters a variety of niche problems. Unstoppable Nodes, Dooms, etc.
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    I like her and she's definitely an excellent champ. I just use shulk more
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Spider-Gwen is one of my favorite champs to play. She has a ton of utility, with a super-long Slow (18 seconds at max Sig!) and she is one of the few champs that enervate. Her Sig ability isn’t necessary, but it grants her a lot of additional value; it doesn’t add anything essential to her kit, it just makes her kit more effective. She hits plenty hard, especially at max Sig.
    Plus, she is super fun to play.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

Define science Elsa?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    If I got her as a 6* I would r3 her.
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    She is great power controller and best collector counter
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    TRONG94 said:

I used to think she is underrated until I pulled a 6* one. She crits a lot but actually those yellow numbers are not high even at 5 charges, she needs too many hits to finish a fight and her block proficiency is weak. Her slow is overshadowed by SheHulk's slow. I think she is fine at where she is now (known as good but not popularly used). She is definitely science Elsa.

Why does She-Hulk’s slow overshadow SG if SG’s is longer and applied the same way?

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    She has some good utility and her damage is respectable enough in normal fights to cover that.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 832 ★★★★
    I'd never used my Spider-Gwen that much until I started using her with Venom. She has a surprising output of damage and a fair bit of utility in her kit too.

Enervate is an incredibly useful Debuff not just from a power control point of view but it allows her to just focus on dealing out the hurt for a while. It's something I wish more champs had access to - particularly some of the raw damage champs.

Although the synergy with Venom is really important, as others have said the DDHK synergy is nice with it too. I sometimes use the three of them together - it's not optimal by any means but just fun.