**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Ways to fix Carnage

A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
Feel free to add anything on how to fix carnage.

Comments

• DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50
    make a better sig ability and give him chance to bleed on evry hit like wolverine nd venom
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    Yep I agree with ddatm.

Regen % of the bleed damage would offset his fragility.

And the bleeds generation from specials or chance on hit would make him much more fluid to play.

He's already capped at his buffs number. so there's a limit to how strong he gets.

I don't care if he's game breaking but he should be comparable to gwenpool/drax/BP/x23
  • ddatmddatm Posts: 21
    King Groot has a low attack but he has great regen ability and health, Wolverine also has low basic stats but he has the top 3 regen ability in the game. Carnage has low stats in every aspect and lets's see what he got? Zero regen despite you have low health, Low damage, no good power gain like Hyperion or Mordo(they even don't need to duped to have that), no defend potential, hard to play because you have to constantly use your heavy attack to trigger bleed otherwise your sig is useless.
    Carnage should suppose to be a ruthless killer with no mercy, but for now, I think it is just a kid trying to play a killer game with a water gun.
  • DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50
    Wronggggggggg. The 10 seconds makes sense. It gives you time to set up the permanent buff you desire. 5 buffs can be triggered depending on the action taken. Heres an example

If you want 5 block prof buffs, this is how you do it

1) use special
    2) block to keep that bloc prof buff active
    3) once the 10 second timer runs out, you will get perm buff of block prof.

Rinse repeat until you have 5

You can do this with crit damaga, crit rate, physical damage buff. Etc

You can mix and match as you please

Bonus

100% chance to bleed on heavy attack

WHEN THEY BLEED YOU GAIN ADDITIONAL POWER GAIN PERCENTAGE

SPECIAL 3 is 20 seconds of bleed which means you gain an addition % of power gain

CARNAGE IS A MONSTER OFFENSIVE CHAMP

lol bro he is not even that good offensively, just fight a debuff immune champ like in act 5 and you will see how truly **** he is
  • Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    90% of all champs are **** against buff immune champs
  • Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    You must of read his abilities wrong. He gains buffs not his opponent
    You must of read his abilities wrong. He gains buffs not his opponent

Mate. We are trying to be constructive with our initial feedback.

I feel like you're just trolling.
  • BlackenedBlackened Posts: 23
    Some ideas:

Option 1:
    - Make his sig a flat power gain rather than something that scales with bleed duration (especially since maintaining that bleed is so hard).
    - Make the second part of his sig scale the 0.5s bleeds up to 20s based on how long they've already been bleeding.

Option 2:
    - Make his 0.5s bleeds trigger on any crit, not only when they're already bleeding.
    - Add bleeds to his special 1 and 2.

Option 3:
    - Make his special 1/2 refresh any existing bleeds.

Any of those *might* bring him up to mid tier. He's utterly useless as he is now. Option 1 would make him the most viable, but still not even that good.
    edited June 2017
    Suggested plan:
    Carnage should have basic attributes slightly lower than most champions'.
    Carnage should be able to cause bleed through sp or base attacks.
    Increase the damage of the bleed OR Increase the duration of the bleed.
    Grant him the ability to Regen OR Grant him much noticeable ability in power gain.

For now, carnage's damage heavily relies on the sp3 and buffs mutated. That means you have to wait for at least 25-35s for you to have two buffs or wait until your sp3 is ready. It doesn't make any sense for a low-health and no-regen "monster offensive champion" to do some decent damage after such a long wait.

Even if he has two or more buffs, a lot more offensive champions can do more damage than he does.
    To be honest, I don't understand the design concept of this champion, the carnage is designed to a pure offensive champion but he was added a lot of restrictions to lower his offensive ability.

• NitrocurseNitrocurse Posts: 15
    edited June 2017
    So I recently got him as a 5* and ranked him up to rank 4. Mostly because he is a trophy to me since he is my favorite Marvel character. And I have to say that Carnage is one of the most hyped up champions in this game. And to make him almost unusable is kind of breathtaking. Carnage has a lot of potential, but I feel like his base stats are to low. There are a few ways that I think Carnage could be buffed to increase people's interest for the future in this game.

Increased Base Stats: By himself, Carnage is really weak. Even with five furies, his crits don't do much damage. Increasing the base stats so you can have a larger reward for taking all that time acquiring furies, crit rating, etc., would make this champion more desirable.

Regen: Most of us have requested this already but I thought I would reiterate. Carnage has been known to heal damaged bodily tissue before. Possibly he could gain a regen gaining X% life based off of how many stacks of bleed he has on his opponent. (I've gotten up to 12 stacks at one time)

Bleed: Increased bleed damage would also suffice. The duration of the stacks, in my opinion, are perfectly fine as they are (Especially with deep wounds on). The current duration will balance out the regen since you have only a small amount of time to build up all those stacks of bleed. All specials should also have a chance to cause bleed (Possibly like Agent Venom's percent chance to bleed).

I have spent a few hours playing him and I really think he has a lot of potential. His animations are great (The victory pose could use some work though). I understand how Kabam wants me to play him (L2 for damage and L1 to stack those bleeds), but he really needs some work to make him a more desirable champion. Hopefully, someone at Kabam sees this so they can gain some ideas.

Note: I did mention his signature ability since I currently have no experience with it.

• DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    He should be like AV. Ignore evade and remove debuffs from himself.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited June 2017
    They can improve this champ by first explaining what each of these stats mean.

What is 923.61 phy resist? 5 stacks of it how much damage reduction does it provide? 923 BP what is the relations between 923 and the bp masteries? How does flat rate come into play? Same with crit rate and crit damage.
    Against civil warrior, how does civil's ability accuracy work against carnage's abilities? Especially bleed. Its pretty damn hard to parry against champs with ability accuracy. We all know what happens when you try to heavy...against the AI...

Challenge rating will definitely play against this champ...

• RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    His bleed should work the same as wolvie or at least be strong enough to counter WP. As it stands he can heal his oppenent with a heavy attack.

Or he should have a constant power gain like Hyper which would allow more use of his stacking ability. In timed fights he doesn't have the bleed or attack to be useful or dependable.
  • ConquestConquest Posts: 16
    Completely rework him
    carnage definitely need a redesign.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    Symbiotic Bloodstream:->Having the Carnage symbiote in his blood, Cletus Cassady only gets stronger when he bleeds. Whenever the opponent bleeds Carnage, he instead regenerates for the amount of damage he would have taken, while gaining increased attack indefinetely.
    -> This also grants him a permanent regeneration passive (think old man Logan) (and maybe it could reduce the chance of him being Poisoned?)

Bleeds on any hits->The chance starts out at zero and increases by 5% for each bleed currently on the opponent. Short duration, these ones, for about 2.5-3.5 seconds.

Critical hits-> 25% chance to Bleed the opponent for 5 seconds.

Open Wounds-> If Carnage finishes a combo, no matter the hits, on an opponent with 7 bleeds, he has a 50% chance to leave an Open Wound. This chance increases by 10% for any additional bleed. His heavy has a 10% chance/Bleed to cause another Open Wound. If the opponent is Bleeding, his sp2 has a 75% chance to leave another Open Wound, and his sp3 leaves another Open Wound no matter what.

Twist The Wound-> Each Open Wound increases Critical Damage by X. Every time Carnage Bleeds an Open Wounded opponent, he also deals X% of their health as bleed damage instantly.

CHAOS!!!->Carnage relishes in chaos, and hates being orderly with a passion. Every time you use the same combo in a row, Carnage gains a reduced power gain debuff and removes his other CHAOS!!! half. For each different combo he instead gains a Precision and a Fury buff, while also removing all power gain debuffs generated by CHAOS!!!.(These are not treated as ACTUAL buffs, so they can't be replicated, nullified, and if they go away they will not feed Mystic Dispersion.) If Carnage uses a heavy when in a combo, he becomes Unstoppable for 1.5 seconds. Every combo needs to have at least two other combos between uses to be considered a different combo.

Ex.: If you'd do M-L-L-L-M twice in a row, you'd get reduced power gain. But if you'd do M-L-L-L-M, then L-M-L-M, you'd get a buff. If you do another M-L-L-L-M after, you'd lose the buff and gain the debuff. So go wild!

-> Give him an extra 500 Armor passively, which turns into the opposite when affected by an Incinerate.

Signature Ability: MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!!!!:
    -> Every buff from CHAOS!!! now doubles the current power of the buffs. If 5 or more buffs from CHAOS!!! are active, Carnage now only removes one instance of them and does not gain a debuff if he disrespects CHAOS!!!.
    -> For each instance of CHAOS!!! on Carnage, all of his Bleeds gain an additional X% chance to trigger.

Here you go! A redesign; feels like Carnage and wouldn't be useless! What do you think?
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    And because I can only edit for 15 minutes; here's more!
    ->The buffs from CHAOS!!! wouldn't be all that strong by themselves, their power lies in stacking up on them;
    Specials:
    -> Sp2 would send him into a Blood-lust, increasing crit rate/bleed; 10-15 second duration; again, not powerful by itself, needs some stacking up.
    -> Sp3 should just send him into a maniacal Frenzy, gaining some attack, crit rate and crit damage+the same amount/any current bleed on the opponent ( he has a base, to which he bloodily adds more); 15-20 second duration
    -> His sig should also increase the effectiveness of the "Blood-lust" and "Frenzy" by Y%
  • DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    Accept his unfortunate fate of being a popular character. Kabam doesnt like giving nice stuff to popular characters like Cable/Carnage. Gotta give the nice stuff to Hood/King Groot so we get inerested about these insignificant characters.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    edited June 2017
    DReckoning wrote: »
    Accept his unfortunate fate of being a popular character. Kabam doesnt like giving nice stuff to popular characters like Cable/Carnage. Gotta give the nice stuff to Hood/King Groot so we get inerested about these insignificant characters.

This. Why do everyone want new popular champs to be OP close-god tier? I have it myself, he's decent, nothing exceptional, but all these changes you suggested would make him too unbalanced. There are so many older champs who'd need a significant buff but people don't care because they're old / unpopular. Maybe a longer "additional" bleed would be better, 0.5 second is ridicolous, but other than that she's all around a good champ.

I know I'm just gonna collect flags, but I prefer when new champs aren't insanely OP like Gwenpool, Hyperion, Iceman and just are in the average. makes the game more balanced and widen the usable champs pool.
    edited June 2017
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    DReckoning wrote: »

This. Why do everyone want new popular champs to be OP close-god tier? I have it myself, he's decent, nothing exceptional, but all these changes you suggested would make him too unbalanced. There are so many older champs who'd need a significant buff but people don't care because they're old / unpopular. Maybe a longer "additional" bleed would be better, 0.5 second is ridicolous, but other than that she's all around a good champ.

I know I'm just gonna collect flags, but I prefer when new champs aren't insanely OP like Gwenpool, Hyperion, Iceman and just are in the average. makes the game more balanced and widen the usable champs pool.

I get what you're saying and I agree with some of the suggestions being over the top.
    I do, however, think he needs a buff. He's incredibly fragile, takes too long to ramp up, and is awkward to play.

I think he needs a base stat buff, a more fluid form of bleed generation and I'd like to see him have a form of utility, which I think some sort of regen would suit his character.
    Compare him to any other character and it's very clear, he's lacking.

I don't want him to be game breaking, I just want him to be a viable character to take to most game modes. He's already a cosmic, which due to the favoritism of mystic classes, already puts him at a disadvantage.
  • RafitasRafitas Posts: 65
    Worst champ at now
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    Least feared defender in the game. I fought carnage twice my PI as the stark quest master mode boss and it was a a total pushover.

He would be ok if he caused bleed all the time like Gwenpool, way too stingy bleeds right now. 10 seconds is half a fight in a lot of cases... his buffs are usually too little too late
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    If they just made carnage regen like .5% base hp per second while mutating, made his basic attacks have a bleed chance, made his bleeds do damage and not heal people with wp, and gave his base stacks a bump hed be pretty legit for questing
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    Make bleed like Gwen pool cmon he is carnage the baddest villain out there it's just sad he hits like a wet noodle....
  • CorpsmanCorpsman Posts: 54
    Start completely from scratch. You guys failed hard on this champ, such a disappointment.
  • Thanks for the continued feedback on Carnage everybody. As we have said multiple times before, the game team is aware of your Opinions on Carnage and will take a look at him when they have time to do so. We can't abandon our roadmap that has been planned out way in advance to change something this quickly, but rest assured that our team is not ignoring your feedback.

Because there is no more that can be added at this time, and because there are multiple threads on this topic already, we're going to close this thread down now.
This discussion has been closed.