**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

More AW manipulation.

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
Certain alliances are now matching with specific alliances in order to obtain bonus points for defenders remaining.

A defender remaining grants 250 points. In master bracket that is 1,875 points per defender when you use the multiplier.
150 defenders remaining is 281,250 points...

If an alliance does this it's as if they get an additional victory bonus. Here is the thing some are now doing this to get a boost in an attempt to reach top 3.

This isn't the only other cheating going on this season, and I hope to have more on that soon.

I hope that those doing this are punished accordingly.

Thanks.

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    Yep. Affecting us as well. The players will always find a way to game the system.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    An alliance just achieved +1,655,000 points for 1 war.

A 10 death victory in master awards ~1,386,420 points.

That means there were about 145 defenders remaining..... 268,000 extra points they did NOT earn.

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ This is cheating and I trust the Kabam team is dealing with it.

Thanks.

Ya it's ridiculous, they passed my alliance cause of it!
    Hey Summoners,

We are aware of this, and are looking into it. This is certainly not in the spirit of healthy competition, and not what we want Alliance Wars to be. Keep in mind that we will not comment on any ongoing investigations or actions taken as a result.

Thank you for this, we have really appreciated that in season 2 we've had almost all fair wars and a fair shot. If we don't make top 3, no problem. But we should get a fair shot.
    We were told that shell alliances won't play a factor in the season, but I know of one top alliance that manipulated matchmaking by starting a war at the same time as the shell alliance they had access to (which still has a high alliance rating) so that they played a war against an empty map with all their defenders remaining. I can't understand why Kabam won't demote the shell alliances. @Kabam Miike

Ya this is what he's talking about
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @danielmath I realized that after I posted lol. But the point that Kabam created this by leaving the shell alliances with high AW ratings is worth making.
    @danielmath I realized that after I posted lol. But the point that Kabam created this by leaving the shell alliances with high AW ratings is worth making.

ah ok, i was confused reading your post haha and ya shell alliances need to go
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Hey Summoners,

We are aware of this, and are looking into it. This is certainly not in the spirit of healthy competition, and not what we want Alliance Wars to be. Keep in mind that we will not comment on any ongoing investigations or actions taken as a result.

Please reduce the points 2*, 3* and low rank 4* and 5* champs provide in master bracket wars.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Certain alliances are now matching with specific alliances in order to obtain bonus points for defenders remaining.

A defender remaining grants 250 points. In master bracket that is 1,875 points per defender when you use the multiplier.

If an alliance does this it's as if they get an additional victory bonus. Here is the thing some are now doing this to get a boost in an attempt to reach top 3.

This isn't the only other cheating going on this season, and I hope to have more on that soon.

Thanks.

What if the alliance say that you are in is in a match room with 5 other alliances two of who are in the top 3. Would you view that as manipulation? I’ve heard they announce as they start a war to make sure they don’t face each other and preserve their ranking.

Care to comment as to what should be done there? It would seem to be the very type of thing to upset you.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Hey Summoners,

Please reduce the points 2*, 3* and low rank 4* and 5* champs provide in master bracket wars.

Hmmmm....that would mean of you wanted to drop an alliance down you place 2 stars to drop their points.

It would make more sense to not permit less than a 5 star in master bracket. Problem is some in master have to place 4 stars for diversity. That would be in a win your alliance would get less points.

Not sure this is well thought out. I guess you could not allow less than a 4 star.

rwhack wrote: »

Thanks.

What if the alliance say that you are in is in a match room with 5 other alliances two of who are in the top 3. Would you view that as manipulation? I’ve heard they announce as they start a war to make sure they don’t face each other and preserve their ranking.

Care to comment as to what should be done there? It would seem to be the very type of thing to upset you.

Yes, this is bad. What can be done? They have to make it so lower ranked champs give less attacker bonus.
    Hey Summoners,

That's not really a fair solution.

Sure it is. How would this negatively effect someone in master bracket?
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    If that’s what’s going on swift and stern action needs to be taken. Not these slap on the wrist, like ZERO rewards for the whole season. That’s the only way these teams are going to learn
    rwhack wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

Hmmmm....that would mean of you wanted to drop an alliance down you place 2 stars to drop their points.

It would make more sense to not permit less than a 5 star in master bracket. Problem is some in master have to place 4 stars for diversity. That would be in a win your alliance would get less points.

Not sure this is well thought out. I guess you could not allow less than a 4 star.

I mentioned low rank 4* and 5* giving less points. Max 4* and r3+ 5* would give the full attack bonus.
  • R0n1n1979R0n1n1979 Posts: 26
    Justice served... thank you kabam
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    thank you @Kabam Miike and kabam overall for swift action on this.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    What did they do to resolve this ? My placement hasn’t moved at at. Presumably it was ahead of me.

Edit*** nvm see they were moved down closer to me
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    Hope there's something else that's going to happen to them. Dropping only war rating is just going to punish whichever lower alliance they match against and end up probably keeping them in master. Ban em for the rest of the season... And while they're mad about it (as shown above), let em rat out the other cheaters. The matchmaking rooms aren't just made-up bs. Neither are the 2* wars. It'd be pretty easy to monitor and see who's doing what.
  • For_SpetzFor_Spetz Posts: 51
    @Kabam Miike We also have an issue with top teams matching and agreeing to place 2* defenders for max points 0 deaths
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    For_Spetz wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike We also have an issue with top teams matching and agreeing to place 2* defenders for max points 0 deaths

That’s not how 2* work. For whatever it’s worth.
    AegonT wrote: »

Sounds about right to me.
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156

It might sound right. But it’s not.
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    Don't get side tracked arguing about the details of the cheating imo.
  • NigelBoyNigelBoy Posts: 6
    How about penalty for heavily piloted alliances?? A couple of really good players are playing wars for the whole alliance? It happens a lot at master, plat 1 and plat 2 level. Are you guys also looking into it??

Yes you punished 3 of top alliance recently. But we all know its happening alot more than that.

It might sound right. But it’s not.

No, it's pretty accurate. Minus the 5 dupes the losing team will place.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Hey Summoners,

That's not really a fair solution.

Sure it is. How would this negatively effect someone in master bracket?

You can't really make an alteration like that to Master only, and adjusting Points based on Rank and Rarity is pretty complex in terms of the scoring, but also opens up a whole other degree of issues. Not saying what you're presenting isn't a problem. Just that I don't think the suggestion is a viable solution.