Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Kabam we will need some information for season 2.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    As for competitive, clearly it's too competitive if people are cheating.

I can't argue with that. In much the same way I can't argue with a bag of pistachio nuts.

The implication was that I wasn't qualified to comment because I'm not playing competitively. I was highlighting the fact that the extremity of competitiveness is the reason we are discussing the issue in the first place. I'm competitive. I'm just not willing to break the rules to get there. It's the usual attempt to disqualify based on position in the game. I was making a point when discussing my own Ally. It was bypassed with the usual pointed quips.

Why do you say you aren’t “willing to break the rules to get there.” What does this have to do with anything at all in this conversation?

The problem is only Kabam can answer these questions, and it’s frustrating when you try to answer the questions for them and expect us to accept that. When we keep talking about the issue you just regurgitate what you’ve already said.

I'm not answering for Kabam. I'm expressing my thoughts on the subject. They've already answered it themselves, many times. They don't discuss actions taken on Accounts. That's not likely going to change.
  • Options
    That's a whole lot of conjecture from what I said. You're reaching for an argument I'm not interested in having.
  • Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    That's a whole lot of conjecture from what I said. You're reaching for an argument I'm not interested in having.

But you still are.
  • Options
    The implication was that I wasn't qualified to comment because I'm not playing competitively. I was highlighting the fact that the extremity of competitiveness is the reason we are discussing the issue in the first place. I'm competitive. I'm just not willing to break the rules to get there. It's the usual attempt to disqualify based on position in the game. I was making a point when discussing my own Ally. It was bypassed with the usual pointed quips.

I don't think anyone was saying that you aren't qualified to comment because you're not playing 'competitively". By using the word "implication" you're openly admitting that that was your interpretation of what someone said, and interpretations can be inaccurate.

There are times when your posts contain assumptions or generalizations that give the impression that you believe that you know things with regards to situations you are not a part of, or do not know anyone who is involved in such situations. Some examples from this thread are:

It would be very easy for Allies to deduce who it was by seeing them inactive after War Rating went down...All these cases of people being surprised, I find it hard to believe no one knew...Someone had to know something. It's not hard to tell. People talk. People brag. The first sign for me would be if someone is clearing Bosses and Nodes without losing Health, or if they don't communicate at all.

This is an assumption. You might be right, you might not be right.
    The problem is the environment is too competitive in general.

This is an assumption. Kabam's decision to start AW Seasons is at odds with this assumption.
    However, I have my doubts that these cases are all as unbeknownst as they appear. Chances are, it's no secret. Perhaps in some cases, but not as many as are claiming.

This is an assumption. If you were to elaborate as to what sort of "chances" support the notion that it is not difficult to determine which players commit TOS violations in AW, your assumption would be more credible.
    What would they do, remove everyone? No. Eventually, people will get the point that cheating costs.

This is an assumption. There is no way to know how hypothetical consequences would influence the behavior of other players.
    I highly doubt these cases are the result of one person alone. It's possible, but not likely that only one is the reason.

This is an assumption. Doubting that something happens a certain way does not mean that something does not happen that certain way.
    If the Alliance took on new people, it would be easy to deduce. Would I boot the new people? In a heartbeat, if my Alliance was losing Rating because of cheating. First, I would try to have a conversation with them. If it wasn't acknowledged, or if it happened again, "Bye Felicia". Those are the decisions you need to make to keep your Ally safe...The fact is, I'm not convinced those scenarios are what is occurring for the most part...Irregardless, I do not support notifying Leaders who the people responsible are. That would do more harm than good.

These are assumptions:

"It would be easy to deduce" - how do you know this?
    "I'm not convinced those scenarios are what is occurring for the most part" - You previously stated this point of view, but you have not provided reasons that support this assumption.
    "That would do more harm than good" - Another assumption. Can you explain why you think this would be the case?

This is an assumption. It is rare to find situations that are as black and white as this kind of reasoning.

Someone once said "Education makes you teachable, experience makes you knowledgeable". Without having experience with certain situations that are discussed on the forum it is easier than not to be misinformed about the experiences of others in MCOC.

This is just Word Soup.
  • Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

I don't think anyone was saying that you aren't qualified to comment because you're not playing 'competitively". By using the word "implication" you're openly admitting that that was your interpretation of what someone said, and interpretations can be inaccurate.

There are times when your posts contain assumptions or generalizations that give the impression that you believe that you know things with regards to situations you are not a part of, or do not know anyone who is involved in such situations. Some examples from this thread are:

It would be very easy for Allies to deduce who it was by seeing them inactive after War Rating went down...All these cases of people being surprised, I find it hard to believe no one knew...Someone had to know something. It's not hard to tell. People talk. People brag. The first sign for me would be if someone is clearing Bosses and Nodes without losing Health, or if they don't communicate at all.

This is an assumption. Kabam's decision to start AW Seasons is at odds with this assumption.
    However, I have my doubts that these cases are all as unbeknownst as they appear. Chances are, it's no secret. Perhaps in some cases, but not as many as are claiming.

This is an assumption. If you were to elaborate as to what sort of "chances" support the notion that it is not difficult to determine which players commit TOS violations in AW, your assumption would be more credible.
    What would they do, remove everyone? No. Eventually, people will get the point that cheating costs.

This is an assumption. There is no way to know how hypothetical consequences would influence the behavior of other players.
    I highly doubt these cases are the result of one person alone. It's possible, but not likely that only one is the reason.

This is an assumption. Doubting that something happens a certain way does not mean that something does not happen that certain way.
    If the Alliance took on new people, it would be easy to deduce. Would I boot the new people? In a heartbeat, if my Alliance was losing Rating because of cheating. First, I would try to have a conversation with them. If it wasn't acknowledged, or if it happened again, "Bye Felicia". Those are the decisions you need to make to keep your Ally safe...The fact is, I'm not convinced those scenarios are what is occurring for the most part...Irregardless, I do not support notifying Leaders who the people responsible are. That would do more harm than good.

These are assumptions:

"I'm not convinced those scenarios are what is occurring for the most part" - You previously stated this point of view, but you have not provided reasons that support this assumption.
    "That would do more harm than good" - Another assumption. Can you explain why you think this would be the case?

This is an assumption. It is rare to find situations that are as black and white as this kind of reasoning.

Someone once said "Education makes you teachable, experience makes you knowledgeable". Without having experience with certain situations that are discussed on the forum it is easier than not to be misinformed about the experiences of others in MCOC.

This is just Word Soup.

I prefer real Soup,No thanks.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    This is just Word Soup.

All good to disagree with the facts
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Smh. I told y’all you get played like fools every time.

It’s like you’re trying to get your own threads closed without a resolution because you can’t ignore the bait.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,704 Guardian

I can't argue with that. In much the same way I can't argue with a bag of pistachio nuts.

The implication was that I wasn't qualified to comment because I'm not playing competitively. I was highlighting the fact that the extremity of competitiveness is the reason we are discussing the issue in the first place.

People have been complaining about mods and piloting for a long time. It is a more relevant topic with the changes to alliance war, but the increased pressure to compete in alliance war didn't start the conversation or create the problem in the first place.

In any event, I no longer hazard guesses as to what you mean when you type anything, I only reply to what the words would mean to any English speaking reader. "Clearly it's too competitive if people are cheating" expresses an idea, and regardless of unfathomable original intent it is a silly idea. The silly idea being that the goal of designing a competition is to reduce the incentives of competition until no one cheats. The only people thinking this thought should be preschool teachers.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    mutamatt wrote: »
    its too bad this topic turned out like every other thread out there. just because of one person

@mutamatt Very true, and if you're the mutamatt who made the MCOC google docs tools thank you for your contributions!
    Riegel wrote: »
    Many alliances just got their rating adjusted for account sharing. This is great and thank you.

However, a leader may not know an account is being piloted (outside of the alliance pilot). If this happens the alliance will suffer, and have no way of knowing who to kick to fix the problem.

There has to be some way for an alliance leader to find out those who pay for outside help account sharing or have more nefarious motivations.

An account could be purchased by a competing alliance, and get a put into my alliance to cause war rating adjustments to happen to my alliance throughout the season.

You may think this isn't a likely scenario, but you'd also think one person playing hundreds of accounts every way isn't likely as well, and that happened.

@Riegel IMO Kabam takes action when they believe they have enough data to make a well thought out decision. Perhaps Kabam feels that given their means of collecting data on this issue they need more time to determine the best way to inform alliances that one/some of their members have broken TOS without comprising their stance on player's privacy?

@DNA3000 had commented in another thread about MMO penalties often being administered in waves. The recent loss of war rating points across top war rating alliances may support this notion, it seems more likely than ever that Kabam was aware of the extent of TOS violations in AW, and because of this they wanted to take a single action of great impact. I think players will receive an answer that will remedy this situation, we may just not receive as soon as we would like.
  • Options

These are assumptions:

This is just Word Soup.

So it appears that when someone, very politely, asks you what you mean and how you can back your statements up you dismiss it as “word soup”. (Whatever that means, it must be very important considering you capitalised both word and soup). How can you expect people to take your opinion seriously when you do this?

"Politely" replying that everything I say is an assumption is not serious.
  • Options

The implication was that I wasn't qualified to comment because I'm not playing competitively. I was highlighting the fact that the extremity of competitiveness is the reason we are discussing the issue in the first place.

People have been complaining about mods and piloting for a long time. It is a more relevant topic with the changes to alliance war, but the increased pressure to compete in alliance war didn't start the conversation or create the problem in the first place.

In any event, I no longer hazard guesses as to what you mean when you type anything, I only reply to what the words would mean to any English speaking reader. "Clearly it's too competitive if people are cheating" expresses an idea, and regardless of unfathomable original intent it is a silly idea. The silly idea being that the goal of designing a competition is to reduce the incentives of competition until no one cheats. The only people thinking this thought should be preschool teachers.

If you'll remember, I've been among those speaking out against Account Sharing long before Seasons. I'm aware that it's been an issue commented on. Not as frequently by far.
    I never implied the goal of designing the competition was to incentivize people to be less competitive. It is a competition, after all. You're taking one response and expanding it without looking at the context of the reply and what I was responding to. Being competitive is fine. The extremity of competitiveness is the problem I was pointing out, and it's all to common with this game. People are so competitive that they compete at any cost, and that includes breaking the rules. That has very little to do with the design, it's where people take it. It's not necessary to behave like that at all. It's too competitive, not by design, but by personal standards. If you refer back to my previous statement, I made the asserion that if compromising integrity and honesty is what is required to be competitive, then I'm perfectly fine not being "competitive".
    The TL:DR of the comment, which was in response to someone else's comments, is:
    "Don't come for me on not being a competitive Player when being overly-competitive is the reason people cheat.".

If you find recourse in debating that, I'm not sure I can put it more clearly.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

These are assumptions:

This is just Word Soup.

So it appears that when someone, very politely, asks you what you mean and how you can back your statements up you dismiss it as “word soup”. (Whatever that means, it must be very important considering you capitalised both word and soup). How can you expect people to take your opinion seriously when you do this?

It was serious and he raised very valid points which you just blatantly refused to address. Once more, people ask you genuine questions and you blank it or claim they aren’t being serious or they are personally attacking you.

Look through each one of the points he claims are assumptions. It’s plain to see that you make some potentially pretty wild assertions which you aren’t backing up. How do you know it’s easy to spot someone cheating, how do you know that someone would talk, or someone would brag? If your telltale sign is that someone doesn’t lose health while taking down a miniboss or a node, how would you explain a flawless fight?

You make bold claims and then use no evidence to back it up, in my school days that would have got me to the age of 5 before they told me I needed reasons to support my claims.
  • Options

These are assumptions:

This is just Word Soup.

To be fair, I wouldn't call all of those things assumptions. Several of them are simply false.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Let's get back to the issue.

Alliances need a way to know who to remove after a member has broken the TOS. It is the job of leadership to try to make the best possible alliance to win the most competitive aspect of the game. This cannot be done if alliance leadership has no way of knowing who to remove to remedy the situation.

Some alliance may know already, but some may not know and this is a huge problem.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Who has time to watch every fight in war and police who is doing what? That’s an unrealistic expectation, Mods used needs to equal long/permanent ban. Banned means it’s obvious who cheated and alliance can kick if they choose to. Sometimes I wonder how little common sense is shown by people runnin this 9 figure gameb
  • Options
    You know in bridge when I bid three clubs and you bid four hearts and you win the bid What we call all the hearts during that hand is the word the forums apparently censor in my post above. Just in case anyone thought I went bananas and described privacy doing something naughty to griefing protection.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 horrible analogy, not everyone driving on Friday was fined, however everyone in the car who was party to it were issued warnings.

And this is really alot of hubub about fears rather than facts. You don't know what comes after the first penalty incurred relating to specific players piloting; or how people want to paint cheating as “greifing” which gives leeway to cheaters who as a point of fact are not honest in the first place. For all you know the second infraction is just a flat out ban of the player with no change in war rating for the alliance as the first adjustment will have already done its damage in relation to war season.

• Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @DNA3000 horrible analogy, not everyone driving on Friday was fined, however everyone in the car who was party to it were issued warnings.

And this is really alot of hubub about fears rather than facts. You don't know what comes after the first penalty incurred relating to specific players piloting; or how people want to paint cheating as “greifing” which gives leeway to cheaters who as a point of fact are not honest in the first place. For all you know the second infraction is just a flat out ban of the player with no change in war rating for the alliance as the first adjustment will have already done its damage in relation to war season.

I think the point is we need Kabam to tell us what to expect and not have other forum posters tell us what to expect. We don't want to have to guess how we are supposed to do things. We want to be able to correct the ship before it's too late.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Laff the war rating belongs to the alliance not the players as the players do not carry the rating with them outside the ally. It is the allys rating and the ally in part or whole came to that rating through cheating. that is ill gotten gains no matter how many gymnastics you engage in to paint it differently.

Yall are confusing guilt by association with benefiting from ill gotten gains. You dont get to keep the money your friend stole and then gifted to you.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Laff the war rating belongs to the alliance not the players as the players do not carry the rating with them outside the ally. It is the allys rating and the ally in part or whole came to that rating through cheating. that is ill gotten gains no matter how many gymnastics you engage in to paint it differently.

Yall are confusing guilt by association with benefiting from ill gotten gains. You dont get to keep the money your friend stole and then gifted to you.

I'm pretty sure at this point it is you that is confused. Yes war rating is a property of the alliance not the individual players, but alliance rewards are dependent on that rating and alliance rewards go to players. Reducing that rating very obviously negatively affects all of the members of the alliance.

And somehow you seem to be fixated on the notion that I am attempting to justify "ill gotten gains." As it seems trivially obvious that I've been saying the exact opposite thing, I don't have a clue what is directing you to think otherwise.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    So your doctor does some scans and tells you that you have a tumor. You ask if it is operable. Doctor says he can’t discuss it with you for the sake of the tumor’s privacy, but if you go down to the nurse’s station you’ll get a form letter as to why you can’t see the scans either.

This discussion has been closed.