Options

Battle Against Cheaters Update - July 10, 2023

Last month we took action against hundreds of Arena cheaters. The goal of that action was to restore competitive integrity to the Arena, and it worked. Arena cutoffs fell substantially and those engaging in fair play were much more likely to secure the rewards they deserved.

Over the past month that competitive integrity has started to slip again. Cheaters began to return to the Arena. We saw the Forum posts; we saw the YouTube videos. We knew these players were cheating, and we did nothing to respond. Why? Because we knew the modding community was going to test our defences with accounts they didn’t care about.

We wanted them to build confidence that the changes they had made to their mods would evade our detection and then bring back online the accounts they didn’t want to lose. This also worked. While cheating in the Dani Moonstar Arena was sparse, the Lady Deathstrike Arena saw a substantial return of modders. Not to the same extent as before the June action, but enough that we have decided to pull the trigger with another ban wave.

To this end, over 100 Arena cheaters were banned today. All of these bans were permanent, regardless of previous cheating behaviour or any other factor.

As these bans are permanent, no clawbacks will be required for champions acquired in the Arenas. Their Battlegrounds Solo Event scores and Gladiator’s Circuit ranks will be set to zero. While we are unfortunately unable to zero out their Battlegrounds Alliance Event scores during the season, we believe we should be able to do so after the season closes and before ranked rewards are distributed, and we will be doing this where possible.

There were a number of borderline cases we need to investigate further. Once this is complete and action is taken against these accounts, featured hero rewards (from Dani onwards) will be corrected for those promoted to the top 400.

This may take up to the end of the month. Correcting these rewards multiple times would take up a significant amount of the data resources we are using to catch more cheaters, so we ask that Summoners please be patient with us while we try to catch as many of these cheaters as possible.

Comments

• Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 418 ★★★★
    Nice progress!
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 540 ★★★
    Thanks you Normally I'm going to get Dany Moon back I was ranked 464th. At least I hope so 🙏🏻
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 698 ★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Last month we took action against hundreds of Arena cheaters. The goal of that action was to restore competitive integrity to the Arena, and it worked. Arena cutoffs fell substantially and those engaging in fair play were much more likely to secure the rewards they deserved.

Over the past month that competitive integrity has started to slip again. Cheaters began to return to the Arena. We saw the Forum posts; we saw the YouTube videos. We knew these players were cheating, and we did nothing to respond. Why? Because we knew the modding community was going to test our defences with accounts they didn’t care about.

We wanted them to build confidence that the changes they had made to their mods would evade our detection and then bring back online the accounts they didn’t want to lose. This also worked. While cheating in the Dani Moonstar Arena was sparse, the Lady Deathstrike Arena saw a substantial return of modders. Not to the same extent as before the June action, but enough that we have decided to pull the trigger with another ban wave.

To this end, over 100 Arena cheaters were banned today. All of these bans were permanent, regardless of previous cheating behaviour or any other factor.

As these bans are permanent, no clawbacks will be required for champions acquired in the Arenas. Their Battlegrounds Solo Event scores and Gladiator’s Circuit ranks will be set to zero. While we are unfortunately unable to zero out their Battlegrounds Alliance Event scores during the season, we believe we should be able to do so after the season closes and before ranked rewards are distributed, and we will be doing this where possible.

There were a number of borderline cases we need to investigate further. Once this is complete and action is taken against these accounts, featured hero rewards (from Dani onwards) will be corrected for those promoted to the top 400.

This may take up to the end of the month. Correcting these rewards multiple times would take up a significant amount of the data resources we are using to catch more cheaters, so we ask that Summoners please be patient with us while we try to catch as many of these cheaters as possible.

Actual kabam 16d chess
  • Options
    BylkarsonBylkarson Posts: 5
    Bonjour
    J'ai installé la mise à jour de u jeu et j'ai commencé des séries d'arènes et le jeu a bloqué

• Options
    BayouemBayouem Posts: 98
    Sounds promising but it doesn’t mention anything about modders in battlegrounds, only mentions removal of points. Is this strictly arena bans or have you taken action against all forms of modding?
  • Options

il y a vraiment un bug sur les arènes !!
  • Options

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    My favorite part of this update is the zeroing mg out of scores going forward! I sincerely hope this is applied the AQ and AW going forward. Alliances that harbor cheats even unknowingly shouldn’t benefit from those contributions
  • Options
    Athos69Athos69 Posts: 39
    Fantastic. Sort of feel bad for thinking the new stance was not going to b kept up but really happy for us all that this seems to b a real fight on cheats. Great work 👍
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Soo any known accounts in there?
  • Options
    vz2fbxvz2fbx Posts: 89
    Great job for the action. Thank you so much Kabam.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,188 ★★★★★
    Thanks for being deliberate and thorough.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,268 ★★★★★

Soo any known accounts in there?

Just 1 name would be enough to know if anybig boy cheater got cought.
    Not much talks in line either.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Great news! Otherwise, this would have looked poorly. Very well done. I look forward to all future permabans of these modders. Keep them coming!
  • Options
    LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    I understand that catching cheaters is difficult. Thank you all for putting in the time and effort to continue the fight. I'm thrilled that you're implementing permanent bans too. That should be the punishment for people who steal from us like botters do.

Please don't let the foot off the gas. Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    Bayouem said:

Sounds promising but it doesn’t mention anything about modders in battlegrounds, only mentions removal of points. Is this strictly arena bans or have you taken action against all forms of modding?

THis is arena bans
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 650 ★★★★

That bot detector is fully operational!

I came to find Akbar and you didn’t disappoint.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 938 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Amazing news and great work. It would be an amazing shame if any of the perma banned accounts had just whaled out, bought everything and then got banned! Hopefully will deter people from cheating.
  • Options
    Red867Red867 Posts: 25
    This is great that chetaers are gone but the only reasoning didn't grind for lady deathstrike was because I knew cheaters had return. So I missed out because you guys we setting a trap. I don't know how to feel about this.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I am happy this is happening...but... Yeah there is a big but comming.. why did u guys wait until 7* come out and start to become the new meta to punish bot farming of 6*?