**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Specials getting blocked

Why do I feel my specials automatically trigger a block on the opponent. This stupid big never leaves regardless what Kabam says.

Comments

• Can you be more specific? Who were you using, and against who, in what mode, and how did you lead into this attack? Was it a special 1 or special 2, and was it out of a MLLLM combo, or was it another combo?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Warlock13 wrote: »
    Why do I feel my specials automatically trigger a block on the opponent. This stupid big never leaves regardless what Kabam says.

Soooo you’re a returning player then? This has been a bug for the past 2 months
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    It's the result of impossibly quick AI recovery (courtesy of @DTMelodicMetal) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t64HlKBDb4I

mtwyl4uh9w58.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNH9uBRX_Vk

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/46845/lol-unstoppable-colossus-ai-super-recovery#latest

^Threatened by certain people not to post examples like these. This may be my last post on this forum.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Sigh.

It's been a problem for awhile, it seems to have something to do with the ai ungodly read, react, and recovery system.

In which they can figure out what we're doing at the last minute and then react to it blocking our specials in general from some crazy spots to or in the middle of them.

Sometimes it's out of combos, sometimes it's after a heavy, sometimes it's just the specials themselves.

Certain champions seem to get blocked more than others like Dr vodoo and yellowjacket who had issues before and are starting to again.

Not sure what else to say other than it happens with all kinds of champions against all kinds of opponents in all modes across all kinds devices etc.
  • TrollllolllloTrollllollllo Posts: 113
    what I do is I hit the sp button not right after the combo, but right before the combo ends, so the special starts right after the 5 hit combo.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    The same thing happens to my 5 star moon knight. After using a MLLLM combo, i try to use my sp1 or sp2. So far, the opponent has always blocked it. Please remove the ending lag on moon knight
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Can you be more specific? Who were you using, and against who, in what mode, and how did you lead into this attack? Was it a special 1 or special 2, and was it out of a MLLLM combo, or was it another combo?

For me, it usually happens out of MLLLM combo. For moon knight, his second Medium has so much lag and knockback that the opponent can always block the sp1 and sp2. In beasts case, after a MLLLM combo, whenever I use his sp1, he just misses the opponent since it has little range.

Please fix Moon Knight and Beast bugs!!!