**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The gold problem a solution?

2»

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Awesome so you guys are trying to find permament ways for us to get more gold so as an example this could involve getting much more from each fight during a quest?
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I am getting a ton of gold from dungeons (I do dungeons 4 and 5). Very nice.
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    Increase the amount of all the gold that currently exists in the game. I am not sure by how much, but make it proportionate to the the increase it takes to rank 5 and 6 star champs compared to 3 and 4 star champs. The gold scale has not been updated since before 5 and 6 star champs were even in the game. Just bump every gold reward in the game by 20% (just a guess number). Then we can still earn it in all the same ways that we always earned it. We will just be able to get enough to rank some of the champs that we continue to pull instead of selling resources and letting T4cc expire from our stash while waiting for the best possible champ to rank up because we only have enough gold for very select rank ups.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Increase the amount of gold gained from event side quests. Dungeons are a decent source of gold if you’re willing to put in the work and hit milestones every day. Make the Vanquishing Blows solo event give more gold in the last few milestones. Make future event side quests (like Modok’s lab, trials, etc) be sources of gold so that gold can be more available for those willing to put in the effort.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    There are boosts available for increased xp, attack and/or health. Why not create a boost that increases gold earned for a limited time?
  • Avetrex2Avetrex2 Posts: 59
    This can be a problem for some but this idea is not going to happen, if I recall the gold crystal correctly, there is a 50,000 gold reward. If you change the , and add a 0, you would get 500,000 gold in one crystal, and that does not exactly describe Kabam.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Avetrex2 wrote: »
    This can be a problem for some but this idea is not going to happen, if I recall the gold crystal correctly, there is a 50,000 gold reward. If you change the , and add a 0, you would get 500,000 gold in one crystal, and that does not exactly describe Kabam.

Considering that I've never seen 50k in a gold crystal in over a year of playing, I think we'll be ok if one out of a million has 500k. Pretty sure the max now is 24k though and that's extremely rare.
    Hey All,

Thank you for the suggestion, but this isn't really the route we've been thinking of going. What we want to do is find ways to naturally increase the Gold in the economy, and not through things like Gold Realms, or changing the Gold Crystal (though that could end up happening at some point as well).

We are aware that some of you are hurting for gold and we are working on ways to address it!

Why don't you at the very least let people at level 60 get the equivalent amount of xp that they are no longer getting as gold. It won't be much, but it's something.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Increase the amount of all the gold that currently exists in the game.

I don't think that's a good idea because it would flood the game with gold. Most players at most levels of progress are not constrained by gold: flooding everywhere with gold is a sledgehammer.

Most of the gold constraint comes from upgrading 5* and 6* champions. A targeted way of addressing the gold crunch would add the amount of gold someone that is gaining a lot of 5* and 6* champions would be able to acquire, relative to other players, without just handing them gold directly. One possible way to do that would be to add a significant amount of gold to the rewards for duplicating 5* and 6* champs. Players that are getting a lot of those would eventually have a path to earning more gold, without simply eliminating gold as a managed resource. Newly acquired champs would not generate that gold, but dups would, so gold management wouldn't go away completely, but it would eventually ease over time as duplicated champs generate gold but don't add to the gold requirements for upgrading on their own.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I don't think that's a good idea because it would flood the game with gold. Most players at most levels of progress are not constrained by gold: flooding everywhere with gold is a sledgehammer.

Most of the gold constraint comes from upgrading 5* and 6* champions. A targeted way of addressing the gold crunch would add the amount of gold someone that is gaining a lot of 5* and 6* champions would be able to acquire, relative to other players, without just handing them gold directly. One possible way to do that would be to add a significant amount of gold to the rewards for duplicating 5* and 6* champs. Players that are getting a lot of those would eventually have a path to earning more gold, without simply eliminating gold as a managed resource. Newly acquired champs would not generate that gold, but dups would, so gold management wouldn't go away completely, but it would eventually ease over time as duplicated champs generate gold but don't add to the gold requirements for upgrading on their own.

I've yet to hear a good argument against flooding the market with gold. It can be done already by anyone that grinds, and they still get bottlenecked with cats and shards so it's not like they get to do a whole lot more than those that don't have the gold. The gold shortage just keeps the non grinders from hitting those bottlenecks, which is a bad idea for them since most of their sales/deals are for shards/cats and not for gold. Why buy more t4s if I can't afford to upgrade anyone? They want me to buy things. More gold would give me an incentive to buy things without a risk of them expiring. There's still enough rarity with other high level items to keep people from upgrading everything all the way. Please give me the counter argument to this since I just don't see one.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »

I've yet to hear a good argument against flooding the market with gold. It can be done already by anyone that grinds, and they still get bottlenecked with cats and shards so it's not like they get to do a whole lot more than those that don't have the gold. The gold shortage just keeps the non grinders from hitting those bottlenecks, which is a bad idea for them since most of their sales/deals are for shards/cats and not for gold. Why buy more t4s if I can't afford to upgrade anyone? They want me to buy things. More gold would give me an incentive to buy things without a risk of them expiring. There's still enough rarity with other high level items to keep people from upgrading everything all the way. Please give me the counter argument to this since I just don't see one.
    An important metric for F2P games is daily activity level. There a couple reasons why but in short F2P games want players playing for as long and often as they possibly can. One way to achieve this is to create time sinks which require playing the game for lengthy periods of time to achieve a goal. That’s what gold is, a time sink used to encourage players to spend a large amount of time playing the game. That is also likely why the devs won't flood the game with gold, it would decrease the play time metrics that drive the game and profits.

Go ahead and try to deny it or argue against it but it is what it is, gold will always be that time sink Kabam uses unless a better one presents itself.

• DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Hey All,

Thank you for the suggestion, but this isn't really the route we've been thinking of going. What we want to do is find ways to naturally increase the Gold in the economy, and not through things like Gold Realms, or changing the Gold Crystal (though that could end up happening at some point as well).

We are aware that some of you are hurting for gold and we are working on ways to address it!

I like the idea of giving gold in the dungeons, thatcis actualy a step in the right direction. However, it is not enough.

How about you guys reduce the ammount of gold in the dungeons milestones but increase (significantly) the amount of gold earned for each round? This will give incentive for players to continue to play even after reaching milestones, which only helps the community as more players will be willing to continue to play dungeons even after reaching all Milestones.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

An important metric for F2P games is daily activity level. There a couple reasons why but in short F2P games want players playing for as long and often as they possibly can. One way to achieve this is to create time sinks which require playing the game for lengthy periods of time to achieve a goal. That’s what gold is, a time sink used to encourage players to spend a large amount of time playing the game. That is also likely why the devs won't flood the game with gold, it would decrease the play time metrics that drive the game and profits.

Go ahead and try to deny it or argue against it but it is what it is, gold will always be that time sink Kabam uses unless a better one presents itself.

I honestly do not mind the time sink, there should just be an alternative to arena. Arena is on a schedule which is my problem with it, if there was a specific way to get just gold that'll be great. Eg Monday was a public holiday in the UK, I had time to grind but there was no worthwhile arena to grind, however if there was a specific gold grinding mode that wasnt on a schedule then I would've done it. Not saying something like gold realms, but suggesting something like dungeons, Get to room 8 dungeon 6 and get 250k gold and champs go on cooldown so it isnt an exploitable route. The farther I go the more gold I get, grinding on my own time rather than fixed schedule that I wont be able to work with

There's more than enough options to keep people playing for hours everyday without Arena. This does nothing to explain why they would want me bottlenecked on gold even though they don't offer any good gold offers. Why starve me on something that you won't ever sell anyway?
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Hey All,

Why don't you at the very least let people at level 60 get the equivalent amount of xp that they are no longer getting as gold. It won't be much, but it's something.

that would be more then "much". That would over triple your gold output from questing.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★

There's more than enough options to keep people playing for hours everyday without Arena. This does nothing to explain why they would want me bottlenecked on gold even though they don't offer any good gold offers. Why starve me on something that you won't ever sell anyway?

You really want gold? then make some sacrifices. While not confirmed, there is no reason to believe infinity dust will act any different from valor (its basically the same thing). The reason this is relevant is due to the fact your valor was converted with a 1/1 ratio into gold at the end of the event. Theoretically you could come out of this month with up to 10m in gold. There are ways to get gold, most people just don't want to sacrifice other resources to get it.
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120

I do see how raising all gold rewards could be a problem but I still think that all higher level content should have increased gold rewards. Master mode and Uncollected questing should award more gold with each tile you move. 4*, 5*, and 6* dupes should get more gold. Uncollected arena crystals should give more gold. There are ways to increase the gold that higher level players are already getting to compensate for the higher cost to rank up higher level champs.