**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is my 4* roster embarrassing?😭😭

MerdsuperMerdsuper Posts: 107
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
dvbc6en3sfly.png
0ifgd6uh7bj0.png
h2e5eio6t9fm.png
Is my 4* roster embarrassing for my level 😭😭 I have 34 4* and only 4 duped.i have a friend who is level 44 and have 19 4* and 11 duped. Everytime I look at my 4* roster I feel embarrassed😭

What do u guys think?

Is my 4* roster embarrassing?😭😭 92 votes

Your roster need work
11% 11 votes
Your roster is fine for your level
82% 76 votes
Other
5% 5 votes

Comments

• JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Yeah. You have hella good champions. I want that KM!
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    Who do you think you're missing so badly? Hyperion, Blade, Magik, and...? You have a ton of great champions to work with.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    you’ve got venom
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    You Got all The New champ :neutral: Really is this even a Question ?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Merdsuper wrote: »
    Is my 4* roster embarrassing for my level 😭😭 I have 34 4* and only 4 duped.i have a friend who is level 44 and have 19 4* and 11 duped. Everytime I look at my 4* roster I feel embarrassed😭

What do u guys think?

I think it is embarrassing that you're asking. Of course there's a lot of ranking up to do, but this roster is better than the one I used to take on Act 4. Heck, it doesn't look half bad compared to the 4* roster I have now and I have almost everything, sheesh.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I think it's not so much that your champs are bad, but rather that you're investing in the wrong champs. I'd say focus more on domino and km.
  • Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    You're kidding, right?
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    Your roster is terrific. Do some howework and you wouldn't need to ask.
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    sure this is embarrassing? this is more like a brag post, smh
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216

the crying emojis make it even worse
  • MerdsuperMerdsuper Posts: 107
    Thank you guys I’ve never rlly looked at my 4* the way yall are but thanks. What I was concerned about was duping champs I barely have any champ duped and I was told duping champs unlocks their hidden ability and makes them stronger
    Riceman wrote: »

the crying emojis make it even worse

They’re not even duped and you guys are saying they’re gud I mean I know they’re gud champs but their sigs are very low and idk where to get *awakening gem😒
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    It was embarrassing when you said 4*
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    @Merdsuper Last time I checked wolverine, luke cage, bishop, sabretooth, spiderman stark, ironman iw, domino, sentinel, venom, red hulk, modok, killmonger, guillotine didn't need dupes to be good champions but thats just a VERY few 13 champs right?
    Thank you guys I’ve never rlly looked at my 4* the way yall are but thanks. What I was concerned about was duping champs I barely have any champ duped and I was told duping champs unlocks their hidden ability and makes them stronger

Duplicating a champ awakens their "signature ability." Sometimes that ability is game-changing. For example, Star Lord's signature ability is that his base attack gets higher the higher your combo meter gets (the number of hits in a row you've scored without getting hit back). It tops out at something like 5x base damage if I recall correctly (granted that's with a 400+ combo meter) which in long fights can be a dramatic increase in power. Star Lord is considered mediocre at best without that ability, but one of the strongest damage dealers in the game with it.

On the other hand, you have champions like Kilmonger. His signature ability allows him to reflect some damage back to the attacker when he is hit, and gain an attack bonus when reverb and true strike are both active. That's a good ability, but it isn't as dramatic a change as Star Lord's signature ability. Half that ability only does something when you're hit, which makes it have limited benefit when you're using him to attack other things (because you try not to get hit). It is good to have, but Kilmonger is considered good with or without it.

And then you have champions like Angela. Her signature ability is that the more buffs she has at the moment, the lower the chances for a nullify to take effect on her. That signature ability is one that most players can't even notice in most fights. Most of the time you aren't facing a champion that can nullify in the first place. In the few cases where you do face nullify, the nullify generally requires getting hit, which again you aren't going to be hit often. It is only in the very rare case like you're fighting Dr. Strange (who has the ability to nullify your buffs without hitting you with *his* awakened ability) where this signature ability will even do anything. So Angela basically has 98% of her usefulness unawakened, and gets maybe 2% value out of her signature ability.

Now, one caveat is that awakening is necessary to subsequently increase signature level, and separate from the actual signature ability itself there's also the fact that health and attack rating do go up with higher signature level, so awakening and increasing sig level does have a base benefit for all champions. But in terms of how useful they are, awakening is sometimes necessary, sometimes helpful, and sometimes doesn't matter at all.
    @DankestChef I turned 17 this July and thanks. I made this thread looking for tips on how I can improve my roster I don’t care how how good the champs are I just want to improve them so I can go for uncollected
    @DankestChef I turned 17 this July and thanks. I made this thread looking for tips on how I can improve my roster I don’t care how how good the champs are I just want to improve them so I can go for uncollected

Please reread your first post and ask yourself if that post communicates the thought that a) you don't care how good the champs are and b) you're looking for advice on how to improve your roster.

To me, it communicates the ideas that a) you think your roster sucks and b) you're jealous of other people's roster relative to your own. Perhaps you exist in an environment where people regularly say "oh my god my life sucks so much" and the response is "nuh uh you're the bestest ever" but on most gaming forums not operated by the Walt Disney Company that's not how that attitude will be treated. It is a valuable lesson worth learning that if you have a question, you should just plainly ask that question. If you attempt cleverness or hyperbole, you'd better be very good at it because you'll be immediately, and not unjustifiably challenged on it.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★

Awakening makes a bigger difference for some champs. For example Stark Spidey is awesome unduped, but Doctor Voodoo needs to be duped to really be effective.

I would check some of the regular MCOC YouTubers like Seatin Man of Legend and Dorky Diggity Dave, as well as many others, who do gameplay videos on specific champs. That'll help you figure out which ones to dupe and rank.

Good luck in the game.

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I mean, everyone’s roster “needs work” except the whales of course, but I guess you are alright where you are. Never be shy to post ur roster and ask for rankup advice. It will save you from ranking up Logan or Deadpool for their movies and later realizing they are garbage.

Rank up Korg, Wolverine, Sabertooth, Morningstar, Luke Cage, and Gladiator Hulk and Domino. All of those are insanely good and will be great for you. (Don’t rank IP anymore cause he’s kinda trash)

You have all the right champs but not a lot of them are ranked up at all. Once you do that, you are golden to steamroll through Act 4. (Wolverine is an MVP for Act 4 because of the regen)
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    You have a lot of good champions so no your roster isn't embarrassing especially for your level you just need to level them and rank em up and you'll be fine.

I would kill for some of them and when I started off on both of my accounts they didn't have a lot of those options, not sure exactly what you want or who you are listening to but those aren't that bad and some are extremely good
  • You have many good champs just need to rank up them , dont worry you will get the duped champs the more champs you have the more duped you wil get.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    You realize you have Domino, someone I've saved all my resources for. An Awakening Gem, and all these Sig stones
This discussion has been closed.