**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Piloting Vs Having a Second Account

If you have a second account in game and have both accounts (Main and Secondary) within the same alliance, does that count in some way as piloting?

Or does it not, because both accounts were made on a singular device and are based entirely on information from ones own self (email, etc)?

Maybe a stupid question, but I’m just trying to be cautious for my alliance. Don’t wanna get deducted in AW points or even worse.

Comments

• Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    We are gold 3 atm and want to try to make it to Gold 2 next season, don’t want to get punished for something we didn’t do 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    I have 2 accounts in same alliance. I used 2 devices interchangeable.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    If you have a second account in game and have both accounts (Main and Secondary) within the same alliance, does that count in some way as piloting?

I guess? But you're piloting your own accounts: we all have to do that.

The thing that is against the rules is account sharing. That is when two different people use the same single account. "Piloting" is the term used to describe the specific case when one person actively plays game content using another player's account, often (but not exclusively) in alliance events like alliance war and alliance quest.

In other words, "piloting" is the short abbreviation for "piloting someone else's account." The key words are: someone else's.
    Thanks @DNA3000 . My alliance mates were confusing me for a bit, I knew that my initial thoughts were right.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Having said that, I don't agree with having individuals running entire BGs or Alliances in game modes like War.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Having said that, I don't agree with having individuals running entire BGs or Alliances in game modes like War.
    When you publish a game with those rules in place let us know....

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    A lot of people seem to be really confused lately due to a lot of misinformation going around by people who say that there alliance was docked x number of times ( and more than once) because some had multiple accounts and that's just false and not one has ever provided proof that's what really happened.

If it's YOUR accounts then it is not piloting, if you are the sole creator, user of them and they can't be tied to anyone else and everything matches kabams records then you will not get popped and your alliance will not get docked.

Since you can't piolt or share your own accounts and they aren't being falesly flagged if your alliance is getting docked and penalized by it then you NEED to figure out who is LYING especially if it's happening multiple times and no one is coming forward.

If they don't and you all do NOTHING then kabam will continue to penalize until they either ban the perpetrator or they destroy your alliance.

So do your own investigation and apply the process of elimination and cut the ones who you believe are lying, cheating, hacking, modding, piolting or account sharring ASAP or it will continue to happen and kabam will NOT help you by telling you who did it but they may steer you in the right direction by telling you the nature of said vilation.

I'm speaking as a person who runs an alliance and has two accounts in the alliance and has had them both in the same alliance for well over a year now and we've only been docked once but NOT by me as per kabam ( support, here etc)

It's been this way since BEFORE the seasons ( all the seasons) and in a lot of the wars BEFORE AND AFTER the penalty.

We did our internal investigation and knew someone was lying because I got sent a message about it and saw the penalty but had no clue what was going on and was ticked off ( that's another lie going around people saying their leader did NOT get a message, I can guarantee that they DID get one and know why or they are the cause of it) but no one wanted to come forward as the one responsible.

Which made our line and in game chat toxic for almost two days while we did our own investigation, lots of finger pointing, lots of suspicion until we zeroed in on 5 suspects whose profiles were skecthy and joined us in the off season.

Within the first few wars got us penalized so we removed them and we got 0 more penalties going forward and worked our way back up legitimately yet again. While some of the ones who we booted have been GONE since then with NO activity since the dock and boots.

And again the entire time BOTH my accounts are still in the alliance, both still join wars when we do 2 or 3 war groups and we again no further penalties after.

So why don't you try to figure out why that is and what's different and what's someone is doing wrong when I am doing the same thing that some of you claim to do and yet nothing has happened and why kabam said it was ok here, and on support.

It also has nothing to do with multiple devices or switching devices as long as the original information assigned to your accounts match what kabam has so they can keep track of this specific thing.

It's really simple

I do not hack or mod.
    I do not use a tool generator.
    I do not hire mercianries to beat content.
    My accounts were both created by me.
    My accounts are both tied only to me.
    I am the sole user of said accounts.
    I did not buy them.
    I was not given them.
    I do not give my account information out.
    I do not let anyone use them for anything.
    I do not use or have access to anyone elses accounts in my alliance.
    All my information matches what is on kabams system for the most part except my device type but that changes here or there for a number of reasons but my assigened kanam id always follows me no matter which device I use and they just update the devices as you go along with them.
    My location never changes much when I access one or the other.
    My timezone doesn't change at all so there are no fishy logins across the country or world.
    My emails are always the same, one is a kabam account, one is a Google play account.
    The third party data that is extensive matches theirs ( if you have social media and other apps tied to kabam or other places that they collect data from then they KNOW more about you the you relaize, your name, your gender, your birthday/ your age, your friends who play the game and stuff you and them post that is also connected to the game or forum, purches, and much much more) if yours DOESN'T then there you go.

So read their privacy and terms of conditions because that is why you are getting docked because nothing matches kabams information or their data collection because these are why you all are getting docked and why some are getting penalized more than once.

Individuals with multiple accounts running through BGs? Or are you saying you dislike piloting in general?