**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Drop rate

Hi

What is the in-game factors Kabam keep talking about which determine the drop rate of champions in crystals. So I can decide when to open, when to go for feature 5* and when to get feature 4*?

Comments

• Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    No one knows
  • Options
    GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Basically luck
  • Options
    JubaknightJubaknight Posts: 82
    Gunzo wrote: »
    Basically luck

This is opposrite to what Kabam says
  • Options
    WARICK99WARICK99 Posts: 44
    What did Kabam say to you?
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Jubaknight wrote: »
    Gunzo wrote: »
    Basically luck

This is opposrite to what Kabam says

No luck means random random is a factor as with others random is the only factor the Community as been made aware of
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    Hi

What is the in-game factors Kabam keep talking about which determine the drop rate of champions in crystals. So I can decide when to open, when to go for feature 5* and when to get feature 4*?

More or less, the way champion crystals work in MCOC is how most lockbox-type stuff works in most MMOs. Each crystal has one or more sets of rewards (champions in this case) they can drop. Each set of rewards is a "reward table" which is chosen by random selection with each reward table having a set probability to be chosen. For example, using the rough approximate numbers that the players experience, a PHC has about a 1% chance to select the 4* table, a 15% chance to select the 3* table, and a 84% chance to select the 2* table. Once a table is chosen, a champion is randomly selected from that table based on all the champions that exist in that table.

Over time, what champions are in which tables changes over time: 5* champions are added to the "basic" table, new champions are added to the 3* and 4* PHC tables, etc. Generally, Kabam has stated that there is no bias within a reward table: if you draw a 3* champion from a PHC, for example, all 3* champions that exist on that table have the same chance to be awarded.

Separate from the fact that different crystals have different sets of reward tables, and the reward tables themselves have different drop rates in different crystals (featured crystals have a chance to award a 3* or 4* version of the featured champion separate from the chance to award similarly to a PHC, so that would in effect be a different table, making the odds of the other tables go down to compensate) and the fact that they are constantly adding champions to the different reward tables on a relatively predictable schedule, there aren't supposed to be any other influences which "skew" what you get from a crystal. What's mentioned above are the only "in-game factors" that Kabam says determine what a champion crystal will drop.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    It's like playing a slot machine, unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the higher ups are watching each and every one of us and specifically selecting exactly which champs we get for each crystal we open. :wink:
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    It's like playing a slot machine, unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the higher ups are watching each and every one of us and specifically selecting exactly which champs we get for each crystal we open. :wink:

LOL
    ...careful....the black helicopters will hear you....your next champ will end up being a 4* Aunt May.... :)
  • Options
    JubaknightJubaknight Posts: 82
    WARICK99 wrote: »

"... There are several in-game factors which determine the drop rates of Champions, but these factors were created with players' concerns and feedback in mind. ..."
  • Options
    Marine31_Marine31_ Posts: 61
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hi

More or less, the way champion crystals work in MCOC is how most lockbox-type stuff works in most MMOs. Each crystal has one or more sets of rewards (champions in this case) they can drop. Each set of rewards is a "reward table" which is chosen by random selection with each reward table having a set probability to be chosen. For example, using the rough approximate numbers that the players experience, a PHC has about a 1% chance to select the 4* table, a 15% chance to select the 3* table, and a 84% chance to select the 2* table. Once a table is chosen, a champion is randomly selected from that table based on all the champions that exist in that table.

Over time, what champions are in which tables changes over time: 5* champions are added to the "basic" table, new champions are added to the 3* and 4* PHC tables, etc. Generally, Kabam has stated that there is no bias within a reward table: if you draw a 3* champion from a PHC, for example, all 3* champions that exist on that table have the same chance to be awarded.

Separate from the fact that different crystals have different sets of reward tables, and the reward tables themselves have different drop rates in different crystals (featured crystals have a chance to award a 3* or 4* version of the featured champion separate from the chance to award similarly to a PHC, so that would in effect be a different table, making the odds of the other tables go down to compensate) and the fact that they are constantly adding champions to the different reward tables on a relatively predictable schedule, there aren't supposed to be any other influences which "skew" what you get from a crystal. What's mentioned above are the only "in-game factors" that Kabam says determine what a champion crystal will drop.

I work for kabam!!
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

"... There are several in-game factors which determine the drop rates of Champions, but these factors were created with players' concerns and feedback in mind. ..."

the two factors used to determine crystal drop rates is extremely simple. What is going to put the most money in kabams bank account and how far can they push the drop limits of repeatedly giving out the crappiest reward in the crystal before the player reaches there breaking point and ceases spending money in the game or playing the game completely.

My last 5 star crystal was my 13th 5 star crystal and my 1st ever dupe, starlord. What's the logic in that happening?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Meaning the Drop Rates were set specifically with those factors in mind. Not that they are being altered based on position, spending habits, or any other factor. The Drop Rates are set, and they are the same for everyone. I believe you misread that.
  • Options
    TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202

Meaning the Drop Rates were set specifically with those factors in mind. Not that they are being altered based on position, spending habits, or any other factor. The Drop Rates are set, and they are the same for everyone. I believe you misread that.

I really do not know how he drop rates work. There are a lot of ' ifs' and 'buts' involved or else how can one justify someone drawing a 4* almost every 60-100 phcs and someone who draws one in a year? (approx 800 phc or more). I am saying this because i belong to the later category lol. for 5* i have no clue at all. but i have duped my rhino which was within my first 6 5* crystals but after that nothing. have been drawing the likes of iron man and iron patriot.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Tryaksha wrote: »

I really do not know how he drop rates work. There are a lot of ' ifs' and 'buts' involved or else how can one justify someone drawing a 4* almost every 60-100 phcs and someone who draws one in a year? (approx 800 phc or more). I am saying this because i belong to the later category lol. for 5* i have no clue at all. but i have duped my rhino which was within my first 6 5* crystals but after that nothing. have been drawing the likes of iron man and iron patriot.

It's random. It's also not uncommon to have repetitive results, or what I call "Packet Clusters". Basically, the computer generates an outcome with each individual Crystal. That outcome is based on a percentage of possibilities (Drop Rate). Now, some are incredibly fortunate and have favorable rolls. Others not so much. The factor of time doesn't play into it because the Drop Rate is not increased cumulatively. Meaning, if the example is that the chances of a 4* (no idea what it actually is) are 1%, then each Crystal you open has a 1% chance. You can open one or hundreds over the span of a year, and each individual Crystal is only 1%. Some roll that 1%. Others don't. Now, the system can generate repeated outcomes but that really doesn't have anything to do with us because the system doesn't take into account our Roster. It doesn't take into account how many Crystals we open. It doesn't take us into account at all. It simply generates an outcome. In that example, you would have a 1% chance of getting a 4*, and even less of getting the 4* you want. If there are 100 4*'s, and you have a 1% chance of a 4*, then it ends up being 1/100 of 1%. All that to say, the system is generating random outcomes based on specific parameters (Drop Rates), and those are preset and not influenced by your Account. The system doesn't know who you're going for. It doesn't care. Lol. It's a computer.