**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do I learn placements in wars?

Are there any useful videos/pages with info on what champs should go where, and who are useful defenders? I don't want to mess up my alliance with my lack of knowledge :#:#

Comments

• Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Just by trial and error for me. Keep track of what ppls use for placement that's tough for your alliance, and who they use as counters to your defenders. Off season is the best time for trying
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I would read your defenders abilities first and look for nodes (the boosts on the certain places to put guys) that will help out your defenders take health from the enemy. If you post your roster (screenshot and add it with the image symbol at the top right of the comment box) and we can tell you who your good defenders are and which nodes would be good for them.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    it's going to be tough to get some insight from people i think, given that we are essentially helping other alliances get better in a competitive game. it's also much harder to help with placement without knowing what tier you're in since the nodes change as you progress.

so my best advice to you is in two parts:
    1) Talk to your alliance and find out which defenders they hate fighting
    2) think about those abilities that make those defenders harder, and put those defenders on key nodes that amplify those abilities.

Seatin has a defender tier list that's pretty decent. don't really like shouting out youtuber's on here, but it's a fair assessment of what type of defenders cause problems in the top tiers of war.

good luck
  • Options
    heyoitsmeheyoitsme Posts: 45
    5* 2/35 stark spidey
    5* 2/35 kingpin
    5* 1/25 moon knight
    5* 1/25 iron man
    4* 4/40 angela
    4* 4/40 civil warrior
    4* 4/40 sabertooth
    4* 4/like 10 idk for sure wolverine
    4* ghost rider i'm currently working on ranking up to 4/40, currently about halfway through rank 3
    All unduped

Those are the main champs I'm thinking about using for AW, from what I've seen I was thinking Kingpin for sure as a defender, and maybe civil warrior, but otherwise I'm not super confident in my champs.

(sorry for no screenshots right now, I'll try and post some later, also my alliance is in Silver if that helps knowing what nodes are there?)
  • Options
    @heyoitsme - need to know what Tier of AW you're currently in. Season placement doesn't dictate which map you're playing.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018

I would use Kingpin on a fury node, or a increased ability trigger node; Civil Warrior on the node that increases special damage based on armor, Moon Knight can be good with an enhanced bleed node. Sparky is probably better on offense but he can be annoying on defense too if put on a crit boost node or an enhanced abilities node
  • Options
    Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    I tried to search for it but it’s really tough. I can tell you to put Abomination in the poison node but no one is your ally has him. Get me? You just gotta familiarize yourself w the nodes and move your ally’s champs around to fit their strengths.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Jestr54 wrote: »
    I tried to search for it but it’s really tough. I can tell you to put Abomination in the poison node but no one is your ally has him. Get me? You just gotta familiarize yourself w the nodes and move your ally’s champs around to fit their strengths.

abom on poison node is just a waste. gotta hide him if you want to utilize him. people know full well going into that fight to bring a poison immune champ. so kind of a waste. Put abom on path 1 or 3