**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Idea: Battle Realm Tournament

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
As this game continues to grow and time passes, we all continue to look forward to the next new thing. It is always extremely fun and exciting to see new and fresh content being added to the game. As we move forward with this game, the biggest thing that I believe is lacking, is a way to truly pit the skills of summoners against other summoners. This is where my idea begins.

One of the things that keeps everyone going in this game is the continued push to be "the best." More than anything else, we all want to be recognized for the skill that we have, and sometimes that skill can be hindered by luck from the crystals, alliances, lack of money, lack of time, and many other reasons. We all know who "best" players are if we are considering, money, time, and alliances. Many of us, however, cannot dedicate enough time and money to this game to get that recognition. So with this in mind, here is my proposal for a new mode in the game.

I have thrown around some ideas for the name, but have just decided to call it something simple for now... The Battle Realm Tournament (BRT for short).

Goal:
The purpose of this game mode would be to test the skill of all summoners to determine who is truly the best of the best.

Background Information:
1: This event would not be something that occurs on a monthly basis as that would be far too frequent for an event that is geared towards finding the best summoner out there. Instead, I envision it occurring quarterly.
2: Summoners will compete in a bracket style system that will result in one player as the champion and several runners up.
3: Each bracket will last one week giving all summoners plenty of time to complete the challenges.
4: This game mode will be run itemless, so that all summoners are on a level playing field.
5: Rewards will depend on which bracket you make it to.
6: Each tournament will have a different theme or focus point to test different aspects of a summoners skill. More about this below

The Idea:
In this event players will be given one ticket to get them one entry into the challenge. They will be given the option to choose from any champion currently in the 4* pool. In the future, champion requirements could be used to change things up a bit (more on this later). Once the player has chosen their champion of choice, they will take him or her into the challenge to face anywhere from 1 to 6 fights (varies depending on the tournament theme). In the first round of the tournament, the goal will just be to finish the quest. Anyone that finishes will be given the ticket to access the next bracket in the tournament (anyone that fails this first bracket will not be rewarded anything). The next bracket will be much the same as the first one with a harder champion(s) to fight and again a ticket accessing the next bracket will be rewarded upon completion.

This method of filtering down the player base will continue until a reasonable number of players are left so that things like fastest time and highest percentage of health left after the fight can be considered. Once this point has been reached completion of the quest will no longer necessarily be the goal. Instead, summoners might be looking for the fastest time to complete a fight, or the highest percentage of health left after the fight, all depending, of course, upon the theme of the tournament.

At the end one summoner will be crowned champion of that tournament and rewarded with rare in game crystals and resources and a unique title, Battle Realm Champion, even more rare than the legends badge This title will even further distinguish summoners by giving them purple in game text and a special summoner profile look. Runners up will also receive some awesome crystals or shards along with some in game resources (less than the champion of course). All other summoners will be rewarded based on the last bracket they were able to complete.

Tournament Themes:
As mentioned above, tournaments would rotate in their themes. A theme for each tournament would be decided, and depending on the theme, summoners might be limited on what tier of champion they can use, what class of champion they can use, what their goal is when fighting in the tournament, or all of the above. Below are a few of my brainstormed ideas for themes, but feel free to suggest other themes that you come up with. Unless otherwise specified, summoners will be using 4* 5/50 champions.

1: Facing the Unknown
In this theme all enemies will be a mystery, and will test a summoners ability to adapt to the circumstances of the fight. Champions in this mode will randomize from a pool of champions that is available to the public.

2: Out Classed
In this tournament theme summoners will only be able to choose from champions with class disadvantage to fights in the challenge and will test their ability to fight against champs that they have a natural weakness to.

3: Out Tiered
This tournament theme will test summoners ability to use different champion tiers with less champion selections. Summoners will only be able to choose from the current 2* pool.

4: To the Max
This tournament theme will test summoners in some of the hardest fights to date. Summoners will be able to choose from the current pool of 6* champions, all champions will be max level, rank, and sig.

5: Villainous Intent
In this tournament theme, summoners will only be able to pick a champion with the #Villain tag.

6: Underdogs
In this theme, summoners will only be able to choose from a pool of underdog champs testing the ability of summoners to play with champions that see very little use.

I have many more ideas, but not enough time to write them all down. I trust that you all get the idea from a few of the ones I have shared above. This mode would rely heavily on champion requirements. Anyways, I think that's about all that I have fleshed out for my idea so far, feel free to make your own suggestions below.

Final note. I realize that unless a game mode can make money there really isn't a good motivation for Kabam to implement it. I think this mode would work best without ways for people to "buy" their win, but if absolutely necessary, they could sell extra tickets to get people a second shot at completing their bracket challenge. Not making it a complete buy to win, but maybe offering one or two extra tickets for sale at the lower bracket levels. Once you get to the end, there should of course be no way to "buy" a win.

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    I think it’s an excellent idea myself... a few questions for clarity:

Do you propose the same theme for the entire quarterly tournament, or changing with each weekly challenge?

Would we be using the same champion(s) the entire tournament, or switching weekly?

You are proposing only 1 champion, I would propose based on the weekly challenge and/or tournament themes different size teams...
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    edited October 2018
    I like the idea of a skill based tourny. Since i been playing i thought it would be cool to have something similar but with new champs. My version would be a one day event prior to EQ, no pots, no revives, no boost.. one shot at a ladder of incresing difficulty. Limited to choices of a max 3* or 4* version of new champs. Where rewards are minimal, maybe win a title and a 4* version of champ. Completely skill based one shot. Highest climb up ladder, ties broken by time or damage done.
    I think it’s an excellent idea myself... a few questions for clarity:

Do you propose the same theme for the entire quarterly tournament, or changing with each weekly challenge?

Would we be using the same champion(s) the entire tournament, or switching weekly?

You are proposing only 1 champion, I would propose based on the weekly challenge and/or tournament themes different size teams...

The same theme would apply for the entire tournament, so that means that there would be a total of 4 themes per year. However, this is something that could easily be changed, and perhaps the theme could change for each bracket, although I suspect that might be too much work.

You would be able to choose which champion you use for each bracket you are in. For example, I receive the first ticket to enter the first bracket. I choose my champ and enter the quest. If I manage to complete the fight(s) then I get the next ticket that allows me to enter the next bracket in the next week. That second week I do not have to use the same champ that I used in the first bracket on the first week.

As for different size teams I agree with you, I was mainly just thinking if you limit to one champ than you don't have to deal with synergies and it makes things simpler, but it could be done with any size of team theoretically. It would all depend on the number of champs that you are facing.
    edited October 2018
    Swimmer15 wrote: »
    I like the idea of a skill based tourny. Since i been playing i thought it would be cool to have something similar but with new champs. My version would be a one day event prior to EQ, no pots, no revives, no boost.. one shot at a ladder of incresing difficulty. Limited to choices of a max 3* or 4* version of new champs. Where rewards are minimal, maybe win a title and a 4* version of champ. Completely skill based one shot. Highest climb up ladder, ties broken by time or damage done.

That could be a cool theme. Only the latest 6 or so new champs are available for use in the tournament.
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    Werewrym wrote: »

That could be a cool theme. Only the latest 6 or so new champs are available for use in the tournament.

Id personally stick to the two incomming new champs to make it fare and buid hype for new champs. Prob with last six, is some have and have had for time. They know strengths abilities etc of champs. For example we all know how powerful Emma and Omega red are, and we know how they work. I would want everyone on a even keel, everyone would be forced to figure out the champ as they climb ladder.
    Swimmer15 wrote: »

Id personally stick to the two incomming new champs to make it fare and buid hype for new champs. Prob with last six, is some have and have had for time. They know strengths abilities etc of champs. For example we all know how powerful Emma and Omega red are, and we know how they work. I would want everyone on a even keel, everyone would be forced to figure out the champ as they climb ladder.

Fair point. Still would be an interesting theme for a tournament.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Great idea but Knowing kabam won't make it maybe in an other game
    issamaf80 wrote: »

Yeah, it's unlikely anything identical to my idea would enter the game. However, the goal isn't necessarily to do that, but rather to give them a new idea that might be worth tweaking so that it still resembles the idea, but better fits their needs.

Yeah, it's unlikely anything identical to my idea would enter the game. However, the goal isn't necessarily to do that, but rather to give them a new idea that might be worth tweaking so that it still resembles the idea, but better fits their needs.

Great Its Always Important to Take Feedback in All Seriousness
  • Werewrym wrote: »
    As this game continues to grow and time passes, we all continue to look forward to the next new thing. It is always extremely fun and exciting to see new and fresh content being added to the game. As we move forward with this game, the biggest thing that I believe is lacking, is a way to truly pit the skills of summoners against other summoners. This is where my idea begins.

One of the things that keeps everyone going in this game is the continued push to be "the best." More than anything else, we all want to be recognized for the skill that we have, and sometimes that skill can be hindered by luck from the crystals, alliances, lack of money, lack of time, and many other reasons. We all know who "best" players are if we are considering, money, time, and alliances. Many of us, however, cannot dedicate enough time and money to this game to get that recognition. So with this in mind, here is my proposal for a new mode in the game.

I have thrown around some ideas for the name, but have just decided to call it something simple for now... The Battle Realm Tournament (BRT for short).

Goal:
    The purpose of this game mode would be to test the skill of all summoners to determine who is truly the best of the best.

Background Information:
    1: This event would not be something that occurs on a monthly basis as that would be far too frequent for an event that is geared towards finding the best summoner out there. Instead, I envision it occurring quarterly.
    2: Summoners will compete in a bracket style system that will result in one player as the champion and several runners up.
    3: Each bracket will last one week giving all summoners plenty of time to complete the challenges.
    4: This game mode will be run itemless, so that all summoners are on a level playing field.
    6: Each tournament will have a different theme or focus point to test different aspects of a summoners skill. More about this below

The Idea:
    In this event players will be given one ticket to get them one entry into the challenge. They will be given the option to choose from any champion currently in the 4* pool. In the future, champion requirements could be used to change things up a bit (more on this later). Once the player has chosen their champion of choice, they will take him or her into the challenge to face anywhere from 1 to 6 fights (varies depending on the tournament theme). In the first round of the tournament, the goal will just be to finish the quest. Anyone that finishes will be given the ticket to access the next bracket in the tournament (anyone that fails this first bracket will not be rewarded anything). The next bracket will be much the same as the first one with a harder champion(s) to fight and again a ticket accessing the next bracket will be rewarded upon completion.

This method of filtering down the player base will continue until a reasonable number of players are left so that things like fastest time and highest percentage of health left after the fight can be considered. Once this point has been reached completion of the quest will no longer necessarily be the goal. Instead, summoners might be looking for the fastest time to complete a fight, or the highest percentage of health left after the fight, all depending, of course, upon the theme of the tournament.

At the end one summoner will be crowned champion of that tournament and rewarded with rare in game crystals and resources and a unique title, Battle Realm Champion, even more rare than the legends badge This title will even further distinguish summoners by giving them purple in game text and a special summoner profile look. Runners up will also receive some awesome crystals or shards along with some in game resources (less than the champion of course). All other summoners will be rewarded based on the last bracket they were able to complete.

Tournament Themes:
    As mentioned above, tournaments would rotate in their themes. A theme for each tournament would be decided, and depending on the theme, summoners might be limited on what tier of champion they can use, what class of champion they can use, what their goal is when fighting in the tournament, or all of the above. Below are a few of my brainstormed ideas for themes, but feel free to suggest other themes that you come up with. Unless otherwise specified, summoners will be using 4* 5/50 champions.

In this theme all enemies will be a mystery, and will test a summoners ability to adapt to the circumstances of the fight. Champions in this mode will randomize from a pool of champions that is available to the public.

In this tournament theme summoners will only be able to choose from champions with class disadvantage to fights in the challenge and will test their ability to fight against champs that they have a natural weakness to.

This tournament theme will test summoners ability to use different champion tiers with less champion selections. Summoners will only be able to choose from the current 2* pool.

This tournament theme will test summoners in some of the hardest fights to date. Summoners will be able to choose from the current pool of 6* champions, all champions will be max level, rank, and sig.

In this tournament theme, summoners will only be able to pick a champion with the #Villain tag.

In this theme, summoners will only be able to choose from a pool of underdog champs testing the ability of summoners to play with champions that see very little use.

I have many more ideas, but not enough time to write them all down. I trust that you all get the idea from a few of the ones I have shared above. This mode would rely heavily on champion requirements. Anyways, I think that's about all that I have fleshed out for my idea so far, feel free to make your own suggestions below.

Final note. I realize that unless a game mode can make money there really isn't a good motivation for Kabam to implement it. I think this mode would work best without ways for people to "buy" their win, but if absolutely necessary, they could sell extra tickets to get people a second shot at completing their bracket challenge. Not making it a complete buy to win, but maybe offering one or two extra tickets for sale at the lower bracket levels. Once you get to the end, there should of course be no way to "buy" a win.

Fun stuff.
    And if you'd like to compete in something like this sooner some than later, hit me up. I design and run weekly in game events as well as month-long tourneys. Obv, I have to get very creative since I don't control buffs and nodes.... But if you like facing off against some of the best on a level playing field in some unique challenges, it may be worth you while.

The last tournament was a curve ball. I created 5 player teams and each player had to partake in at least one round while no player was allowed to take two rounds in a row. Any champ used by a team was banned from the rest of the tourney for that particular team. Each week, one team was eliminated. I'm working on the plans for the next one while running our regular weekly events right now
    @chunkyb how do you run them? I might be interested in something like that, do you use line?
    chunkyb wrote: »

Goal:

Background Information:

The Idea:

Tournament Themes:

Fun stuff.
    And if you'd like to compete in something like this sooner some than later, hit me up. I design and run weekly in game events as well as month-long tourneys. Obv, I have to get very creative since I don't control buffs and nodes.... But if you like facing off against some of the best on a level playing field in some unique challenges, it may be worth you while.

The last tournament was a curve ball. I created 5 player teams and each player had to partake in at least one round while no player was allowed to take two rounds in a row. Any champ used by a team was banned from the rest of the tourney for that particular team. Each week, one team was eliminated. I'm working on the plans for the next one while running our regular weekly events right now

That sounds pretty cool I may have to check it out!
  • Yup. Have a room for general events with great game chat and a room specifically for tourney players to make sure everything goes smoothly and doesn't get messed up lol.
    Open to anyone, or only alliance?

Add me in line, archangel442
    I have an idea why Not Remove AW Seasons And Replace them with this idea
    I have an idea why Not Remove AW Seasons And Replace them with this idea

Can't do that... they make too much money
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    Why not create an actual server which allowed for teams of 3-5 champs to play against other real people. Is it a money issue? Make a seperatw server l, see what happens, I’d be all over that.
    BeginthEnd wrote: »
    Why not create an actual server which allowed for teams of 3-5 champs to play against other real people. Is it a money issue? Make a seperatw server l, see what happens, I’d be all over that.

You couldn't really do live PVP because no one would ever go in for an attack, and if they did, they would get parried or intercepted.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,759 ★★★★★

You couldn't really do live PVP because no one would ever go in for an attack, and if they did, they would get parried or intercepted.

Add a global node which prevents stun and unstoppable to counter intercept. I am sure there are solutions.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Have a tournament theme with ridiculous nodes like languor( but don't stack them)
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    Have a tournament theme with ridiculous nodes like languor( but don't stack them)

You're going to have to remind me what languor does... I can't remember.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    we all have to use the same champion to make it fair, we fight the same champions with the same nodes to make i fair
  • MoldyFingersMoldyFingers Posts: 112
    Like the idea. Just change the name to MCOC: Battle Royale and I'm sure millions of people will enter.

and we all know why. :/
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »

You're going to have to remind me what languor does... I can't remember.

You take 240% of opponent's attack as direct damage when you go to 0 power. To be honest it's an easy node unless there's that node which drains all your power after 30 seconds, or tranquillity.
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    we all have to use the same champion to make it fair, we fight the same champions with the same nodes to make i fair

There are both pros and cons to this. On the one hand the same character would level the play field on what abilities can be used and what is available to the summoner in terms of utility. On the other hand because of the way RNG works, those players who do not have practice with that champion will be at a natural disadvantage. I was thinking let players choose because then they can pick champions that fit their style of play.
    Like the idea. Just change the name to MCOC: Battle Royale and I'm sure millions of people will enter.

Brilliant!
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Wow, this is really amazing stuff, well done. I really like the idea of pure skill on an even playing field. It gives the opportunity for middle tier (or lower) players to surpass those who are in endgame. I would be overjoyed if Kabam were to implement something even remotely along the lines of this.