Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Would you play the game if they stopped giving rewards?

2»

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    In most games progression isn’t vastly varied based on time spent. If two people play the same game for roughly the same amount of time you would expect roughly the same amount of progression on both games. In this game it’s a crapshoot. Progression is really based on luck. There are some people that have played the game since almost the beginning and still only have a couple 4/55 because of bad pulls where there’s others that have a duped 6* 2/35 Corvus, CAIW, Void, IMIW, etc. when the gap is that large you have to realize there’s something wrong.
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    The post implies Kabam gives rewards. All I see are pittances they dont want to give in the first place.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    A major reason anybody plays this game is for rewards so if the question was really "would you play if there were no rewards" then the answer would emphatically be no.

However seeing as this is complaining about bad luck, I would say luck is a big part of this game and is something you either have to be OK with and keep playing for more chances or quit.

Just about everything in terms of rewards in this game has some RNG behind it. Other than static rewards like t4b, t2a,shards etc. everything else is a dice roll. Sucks when you don't get what you want but your chance at getting what you want becomes 0% if you don't push a little in the game.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    z6dl9fwuemk7.png

Just to vent and add even more to this topic of RNG, this is my reward from 5 weeks of grinding dungeons on my alt. This came after a 5* Cyclops on main from the dungeon crystal (cue “effective” comments). Kabam, seriously. You know who the trash champs are. Give us a break and give us one damn crystal with no trash in it. Please. It won’t break the game for crying out loud.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    Greywarden wrote: »
    A major reason anybody plays this game is for rewards so if the question was really "would you play if there were no rewards" then the answer would emphatically be no.

However seeing as this is complaining about bad luck, I would say luck is a big part of this game and is something you either have to be OK with and keep playing for more chances or quit.

Just about everything in terms of rewards in this game has some RNG behind it. Other than static rewards like t4b, t2a,shards etc. everything else is a dice roll. Sucks when you don't get what you want but your chance at getting what you want becomes 0% if you don't push a little in the game.

All fair points, but I think OP’s issue is the long stretches where you continue to push and keep getting useless RNG results. Those are often beyond discouraging, especially for endgame/veteran players who don’t have much content left to knock out.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Greywarden wrote: »

All fair points, but I think OP’s issue is the long stretches where you continue to push and keep getting useless RNG results. Those are often beyond discouraging, especially for endgame/veteran players who don’t have much content left to knock out.

Dr. Zola

This is true... the only content I have left is LOL but haven’t been lucky to pull the champs I need to 100% it. That’s not in itself a problem, the problem is that I’ve been waiting for the “right” champ for over a year.