**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T2A Availability Too Concentrated At Top 1% of Alliances

RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
edited October 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
When Kabam announced they would be adding Global nodes to AW Season 5, they said they wanted to encourage attacker diversity and make AW less reliant on getting lucky pulls from crystals. While I like this idea, it became apparent to me that it is kind of pointless without increasing the T2A availability. Right now for someone in my position (Plat 3/Gold 1 AW, Top 200 AQ, all Epic Monthly EQ events) T2A seems to come too slowly for me to be able to adapt on a season by season basis. I can't speak for everyone, but I think this applies for most end-game alliances that aren't in the Top 100 running Map 6x5.

For me, these are just some ideas in which they could do this. I don't expect Kabam to do all of these or to create an overflow of T2A, I just think some of these changes would greatly benefit players like myself.

1: Change AW Potion cost or Currency. Currently it takes over 1.25k glory to fully heal a R5 Champion assuming you only buy potions once a day to get the cheapest price. End-game alliance war is hard, and when 1 death could mean the difference between winning and losing, most alliances require healing before each fight. This ends up using a significant amount of glory. Lowering the cost or allowing us to buy AW pots with some other currency would free up glory for T2A. Which brings me to point 2.

2: Make T2A a better deal in the glory store. Currently I'm in a ally that ranks anywhere from ~150-400 in AW depending on the week. That nets me roughly 4k glory. Buying the first 3 T2A costs me over half of that but only gets me 15% of a T2A. At that pace it would take me about 6 months to get the 4 T2A needed for a R4.

3: More guaranteed T2A from War Season rewards. The current rewards model is too based on RNG. If you aren't placing in Master or Plat 1/2, you really need to get lucky with War Crystals to feel like you got a good chunk of T2A.

4: Continue having T2A prizes in monthly events. The Occult Labs are definitely a good step forward when it comes to T2A. Would definitely like to see these level rewards continue.

5: Monthly EQ rewards need a bump. Rewards have stayed stagnant since Uncollected difficulty was introduced almost a year ago. The game has rapidly evolved, and so the rewards should be updated. I think doubling the T2A rewards (or at least a 50% increase) would be a good start.

6: Add T2A to Dungeons. Dungeons feel a little stale to me, and the rewards feel insignificant unless you pull the 1 or 2 "God-Tier" champs in each crystal.

Again these are just some suggestions. I welcome any feedback or improvements people may have.

Comments

• ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I’m all for more ways to get t2 alphas. Good ideas.
  • @RogerRabs _ Lots of great ideas. The one aspect that you mentioned about the cost to bring back a 5* R5 to full health, couldn't agree more. The price of HP pots is just too high for what little they do for higher rated champs. Someone mentioned this before and made one of the best suggestions ever. They should rework the Health pots to give X% HP back per Level. That way they properly cater to each player and their champions. Plus would be more effective when boosts are active, giving you back health proportionate to the current health bar vs just a set number of Health points as is. The old system worked for awhile, but the evolution of the champs calls for a better system of Health pots.

Now, the T2 alpha situation has got a bit better, as you stated. But also wholeheartedly agree we need more/better ops. Most of those would be great. Heck, maybe even a T2 Alpha Arena in the cycle would be a boost to availability.