**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Open 5 star or save for featured?

I have about 10 5 stars and 0 God tier (unless venom counts)

Open 5 star or save for featured? 63 votes

5 star featured
23%
JamesMSpity68AsukiraallinashesTthunder2058FlareDogeKillerBee_samaCrimsontide1616AgentMZPrylankFooshblalalaFangmanglerCosmicspiderman777MbizzUltimatesaber32 15 votes
5 star basic
76%
ThatweirdguyVdh2008GKaineSnakeEyes69Kenny292Timone147JestressGeshioadqqedfyvrSpeedbumpJim0172StucatZzzIron_SkywalkerBruce12342SpiderCoolsDoonxAantho[Deleted User]Boboman 48 votes

Comments

• Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    5 star basic
    I hate when people use the term 'God' tier. It's all about who works for you, but based off of who people normally deem 'God' tier, your ratio of God tier/not God tier matches the ratio of God tier champs available/not God tier champs.

• Lol
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Bruce12342 wrote: »
    I hate when people use the term 'God' tier.

Some champs are better then others. Would you rather play LoL with Blade or that Spider-Gwen that is your profile pic?

And seriously don't throw out the "you can beat any champ with another champ" excuse.
    Try X23 Vs Abomination

In som match op wuld use spiey Gwen
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    5 star basic
    I pulled a Domino and a Blade from the basic crystal this week (two diff accts). So there's hope, my friends, real hope.
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    5 star featured
    I have opened 4 of the new featured 5 star crystals and pulled: Emma, DD Netflix, VooDoo, and red skull. Will keep opening those until I have all those duped, ghost, and dupe my star lord.

You have a 50/50 shot at a great champ in the featured. You have about a 10% chance of pullling a great champ I’m the basic
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    5 star basic
    Unless there is nobody you'd be happy with from the basic that is the only choice. So much trash in the featured 5*. Not worth the extra charge.
  • Unless there is nobody you'd be happy with from the basic that is the only choice. So much trash in the featured 5*. Not worth the extra charge.

Actually, in my case it is the other way around. Almost everything in the featured is something I would settle for, so this iteration is currently the best option for me.

Of course pulling a champ like Domino would be great, but since I'm an arena grinder getting a new champion is a good consolation prize. Out of all the champs in the current featured, I only have three: Blade, Star Lord, and Howard the Duck. Everything else I amazingly do not have, so good, bad, or ugly I would settle for them. And my SL is not awakened, so I would settle for duping him as well. That leaves only two champs I would rather not pull: Howard, and Blade because I already have Blade and awakened.

The point, though, is that there's lots of ways to evaluate the value of the crystals. I have a 21 out of 24 chance to pull a new champ out of the featured.. I have 51 5* champs, so the odds of pulling a new champ with the basic are closer to 50/50. In effect, new champions are "more expensive" when I open basic crystals than featured ones at the moment, so the featured crystal has a little better value for me.

Of course, having said that my first pull of this version was Blade, one of the two pulls I'd rather not get. But as long as I avoid Howard, I'll take the sig levels and consider it a push.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    5 star basic
    Venom definitely counts as Demi God tier at least, he's so fun to play now.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    5 star basic
    Dat ghost tho. Main prize imo. Can’t wait for rng to bless be sometime in the distant future....
  • V_BlazerV_Blazer Posts: 13
    edited November 2018
    5 star basic
    Look at this Groot on featured crystal ci61m2kgsqjp.png
    Now it's your desicion.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Pulled Archangel my last basic. A couple before that, I got Medusa. Unless you are in a high tier alliance and/or rack up about 20k 5 star shards a week, or spend a ton and buy every shard offer, there isn't any justification to spend the extra 5k shards. If it was only the top 6 featured champs, then i would say differently. But there are also low tier garbage champs that nobody wants. The risk of ending up with one of those makes paying 50% more just plain not worth it for those of us who have to wait a while to be able to get one.