**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cutoff for 5* featured arena!!!!!

Does anyone know what the cutoff for 1K 5* shards is now for the 5* featured arena. It used to be 6.2 million but I did 6.3 million it didn’t receive it, I only got 500 shards

Comments

• Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    7 then? Hard to tell as people are growing their rooster bigger and bigger which leads to accumulate more arena points to later increase the cutoff
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    This last arena it was just over 6.5 million. It looks like that's the minimum from now on for the 11 - 30%
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I always do 7 million to guarantee the 1k 5* shards
  • Options
    CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    You probably just barely missed the cutoff
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the cutoff for 1K 5* shards is now for the 5* featured arena. It used to be 6.2 million but I did 6.3 million it didn’t receive it, I only got 500 shards

It didn't used to be 6.2. As far as I'm aware it has been fluctuating between 6.0 and 6.4 (with occasional dips lower), but slowly rising. I don't think anything below 6.5 is safe or has been for some time.

Also, because data is now much more sparse than in the past, the reported cutoffs have a larger margin for error than in the past. You have to be careful thinking the reported cutoff was the actual cutoff. It was in the vicinity, but not necessarily on the dot.
  • Options
    Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    I've been slowing down my participation in this arena. Watching the 1000 5* rank reward get closer and closer to 7 million makes me sad. I don't like being sad lol
  • Options
    Romo790 wrote: »
    I've been slowing down my participation in this arena. Watching the 1000 5* rank reward get closer and closer to 7 million makes me sad. I don't like being sad lol

People focus on points too much. Points don't matter. What matters is the effort it takes to score those points. I do ~12 million for the 2000 5* shards. That's way more than the 5-6 million I used to do way back in the day for a high demand 4* basic champ, and yet I'm doing about the same number of rounds: something in the neighborhood of 250 rounds. In fact, the same ~250 rounds used to get me only to about 10.8 million, and now it gets me close to 13 million. A lot of the score inflation is coming from the arena grinders getting more 5* champs and then turning them around and using them in the featured arena. Every 5* champ gets me something like 120k more points net in a three day 5* featured. Strong arena grinders are getting as many as one 5* formed crystal a week, and if half of those are new champs thats 200k+ their scores are rising every month with no additional effort.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

People focus on points too much. Points don't matter. What matters is the effort it takes to score those points. I do ~12 million for the 2000 5* shards. That's way more than the 5-6 million I used to do way back in the day for a high demand 4* basic champ, and yet I'm doing about the same number of rounds: something in the neighborhood of 250 rounds. In fact, the same ~250 rounds used to get me only to about 10.8 million, and now it gets me close to 13 million. A lot of the score inflation is coming from the arena grinders getting more 5* champs and then turning them around and using them in the featured arena. Every 5* champ gets me something like 120k more points net in a three day 5* featured. Strong arena grinders are getting as many as one 5* formed crystal a week, and if half of those are new champs thats 200k+ their scores are rising every month with no additional effort.

I have been getting burnt out when it comes to grinding so right now I can feel every point it takes to hit 7 million. Originally I was shooting for the 2k 5* shards but eventually it wasn't worth it. 250 rounds hurts my soul these days so I dropped down to 1k 5* shards. I'm probably going to only do that once a week until arena stops killing me.
  • Options

I have been getting burnt out when it comes to grinding so right now I can feel every point it takes to hit 7 million. Originally I was shooting for the 2k 5* shards but eventually it wasn't worth it. 250 rounds hurts my soul these days so I dropped down to 1k 5* shards. I'm probably going to only do that once a week until arena stops killing me.

Fair enough. The point though was not that everyone should shoot for 12 million, but rather that whatever you shoot for, that target will drift upward slowly. But so long as your roster grows roughly as fast as everyone else shooting for that target, your points will probably grow higher for the same effort similarly.

If it were me, I would probably grind for 500 every event rather than 1000 every other event. It actually generally takes less than half the effort to get 500 than 1000. You should shoot for 3 million to be safe, but if you fail to get there and only hit 2.5 million or sometimes only 2.2 million you still have a decent shot of getting there. It is a lower risk option to shooting for 6.5 million every other round, because you don't need to push very hard at all and you can even skip a day completely and still get there.
  • Options

Fair enough. The point though was not that everyone should shoot for 12 million, but rather that whatever you shoot for, that target will drift upward slowly. But so long as your roster grows roughly as fast as everyone else shooting for that target, your points will probably grow higher for the same effort similarly.

If it were me, I would probably grind for 500 every event rather than 1000 every other event. It actually generally takes less than half the effort to get 500 than 1000. You should shoot for 3 million to be safe, but if you fail to get there and only hit 2.5 million or sometimes only 2.2 million you still have a decent shot of getting there. It is a lower risk option to shooting for 6.5 million every other round, because you don't need to push very hard at all and you can even skip a day completely and still get there.

That's a great suggestion man. I feel dumb for not thinking about that. Thanks for saving me the extra rounds!
  • Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    I feel it is usually lower whenever T4B arena is on. But I do try to do 6.6mil at least to ensure the 1k shards.