**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

NERF ÆGON right now, before it's too late.

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Should we just neuter any high-performance Champs then?
    -.-

Well, they did it to Dr. Strange :wink:

Those Champs stopped the game from being able to move forward.

Dr. Strange was never at the level of OPness that could be considered "hindering the game." That was SW and Thor. That is beside the point though and belongs in a different thread. I do agree with you though on the fact that there is no need to nerf these champs. Most of the complaints here should be directed at the nodes on these champs rather than the champs themselves.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    -.-

Dr. Strange was never at the level of OPness that could be considered "hindering the game." That was SW and Thor. That is beside the point though and belongs in a different thread. I do agree with you though on the fact that there is no need to nerf these champs. Most of the complaints here should be directed at the nodes on these champs rather than the champs themselves.

Evidently he was because they changed him. That wasn't just a decision they made to top off the carton.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Stranges nerf doesn't even make sense anymore anyway his old self would fit right in with the current state of the game.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    -.-

Evidently he was because they changed him. That wasn't just a decision they made to top off the carton.

And we've all never known Kabam to make mistakes...
    -.-

And we've all never known Kabam to make mistakes...

Those words never came from me. The game is made by Human Beings. Fully capable of mistakes. In this case, those were major changes, and weren't made without a significant amount of forethought. They didn't just pick up a Nerf gun at Toys 'R Us and start shooting willie-nillie. There were reasons, carefully considered reasons.
    @GroundedWisdom
    I agree however now it is time to fix that mistake and restore Strange to his former self.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Nodes make just about everyone seem OP

Aegon is probably going to need some ridiculously high sig that everyone has been pouring into their korgs up until now to be effective.

The node in EQ makes him retain 100% of the combos towards his meter lol

you'll never be able to reproduce that particular aspect unless a synergy comes along that does it.
    @GroundedWisdom
    I agree however now it is time to fix that mistake and restore Strange to his former self.

I didn't say it was a mistake. Lol.
    Anyway back to Strange.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    I just wanted to say. A lot of the responses here don’t actually address the points being made and instead argue against a strawman - a skewered misrepresentation of the actual person or argument. It amazes me how many people fall for this unethical form of debate and well... That’s all. Have a nice day.

You mean because Taskmasters debuff immune ability is better than blades and your argument fell apart? Got ya.
    Anyway back to Strange.

Wasn't the Thread about ÆGON?
    Oh I thought that was sorted kabam ain't ever gonna nerf him.
  • It's funny to see how people fail so hard to read, I'd have my opinion on ÆGON when I see some play videos.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Use aegon to fight an opponent
    Win the fight
    Gains a lot of persistent charges which work has his combo meter
    From what we've seen in uncollected, 10 hits from a fight (win) could = 47+ persistent charges
    Next opponent ægon takes down with ease and d charges go up
    After a few fights, aegon gets to the boss
    One of aegons ability allows him to ignore a sizeable amount of block proficiency plus his other bonuses and the fight is over as soon as it begins

Hmmm to me this is op
    But it means if players get him, it will cost kabam less money
    Hehe
    There's no nerf needed here
    Move along now

..... LOL.

That's because of the node abilities that give him 10 combos every 5 seconds or something.

Iirc, the persistent charges act as an automatic combo count that carries over to the next fight.

I'm guessing this is how Aegon works. Assuming you end on 100 combo in Fight #1. Max sig ability should let you carry ~70% over.

At the start of Fight #2, you start the fight with 70 combo. Let's assume the fight ends with 80 additional hits. You're now at 150 combo. 70% carried over (i.e. 105).

Fight #3 starts, you start at 105. So on and so forth.

I'm VERY surprised that you're seeing that he is overpowered. Base on simple maths and abilities, Aegon should run in the highest combo count in the first fight and the number added to that combo will be gradually decreased over subsequent fights as Aegon gets stronger.

Herein lies the issue which I find will relegate Aegon to "average". Each additional combo per fight is subjected to diminishing returns based on sig ability (eg, in Fight #10, the Fight #1's 100 combo will have an effective persistent charge of 100 x 0.7^10 = 2.8247).

This also means that, eventually, the total number of persistent charges reaches a plateau as the 30% lost combo count per subsequent fight = 70% of the total combo count in the latest fight. Not to mention that you cannot slip up at all and lose your combo in all fights. So theoretically, I doubt a 1000 Combo can be reached unless you're doing LOL or LOL2 (but don't forget, one random evade can easily ruin all your hard work in building up those charges).
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Win the fight
    From what we've seen in uncollected, 10 hits from a fight (win) could = 47+ persistent charges
    One of aegons ability allows him to ignore a sizeable amount of block proficiency plus his other bonuses and the fight is over as soon as it begins

Hmmm to me this is op
    Hehe
    Move along now

..... LOL.

That's because of the node abilities that give him 10 combos every 5 seconds or something.

Iirc, the persistent charges act as an automatic combo count that carries over to the next fight.

I'm guessing this is how Aegon works. Assuming you end on 100 combo in Fight #1. Max sig ability should let you carry ~70% over.

At the start of Fight #2, you start the fight with 70 combo. Let's assume the fight ends with 80 additional hits. You're now at 150 combo. 70% carried over (i.e. 105).

I'm VERY surprised that you're seeing that he is overpowered. Base on simple maths and abilities, Aegon should run in the highest combo count in the first fight and the number added to that combo will be gradually decreased over subsequent fights as Aegon gets stronger.

Herein lies the issue which I find will relegate Aegon to "average". Each additional combo per fight is subjected to diminishing returns based on sig ability (eg, in Fight #10, the Fight #1's 100 combo will have an effective persistent charge of 100 x 0.7^10 = 2.8247).

This also means that, eventually, the total number of persistent charges reaches a plateau as the 30% lost combo count per subsequent fight = 70% of the total combo count in the latest fight. Not to mention that you cannot slip up at all and lose your combo in all fights. So theoretically, I doubt a 1000 Combo can be reached unless you're doing LOL or LOL2 (but don't forget, one random evade can easily ruin all your hard work in building up those charges).

he has combo shield which would help prevent unfortunate losses
    I feel he's op and i also know i shouldn't base my judgement on epic

Btw you seem knowledgeable on diminishing returns and challenger rating
    Please explain more
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Even better he has multiple combo shields. One for evades, heavy, and synergy.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I prefer he not be nerfed.

That way, when I finally pull him in 2020 he has all the original bells and whistles.

I also think its a bit unfair that early owners of him could get benefits of use that others will not.
  • Turbonator14Turbonator14 Posts: 40
    this has been posted on other discussions but I think it is most deserving here
    9h2iiq89m48w.jpeg
    Where is that even from lol
    @Turbonator14
  • Turbonator14Turbonator14 Posts: 40
    I made it lol, pretty accurate am I right?
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited November 2018

You are only right about the likely 70% max on his abilities. He works by ADDING a percentage of his streak at the end of the fight to his persistent charges, with a maximum of 999 total charges, and has 67% at sig 150.

However, his sig states "Aegon's abilities that count the Combo Meter add his Persistent Combo on top of it." That means the 70% is not going to be based off his streak+combo, unless it is counting the streak+combo and adding that increased increased amount to the charges. He'll just keep gaining more and more charges until he reaches that 999, without the amount leveling off except by fights not taking as long to finish.

You may be right that he won't reach 1k in AW with as few fights as there are, but he can reach 75 or 100 easily, and he'll be hitting crits through blocks, with massively reduced block proficiency, getting combo shield and a 45% chance of unstoppable on evade, and around 2250 - 3k crit rating from the start of the fight. My maxed 5* blade only has about 600 crit rating normally and 2700 during his s2. Aegon will match the s2 at a mere 90 persistent charges, and keep that active for the rest of the quest/war. Depending on where the fight is, he can get that many charges in a single fight.

Now, admittedly I'm going off 6* version's abilities from the uncollected event quest, but I don't expect the 5* to be much different off the sig abilities, nor the crit rating added.

EDIT: Also, regarding "one random evade can easily ruin all your hard work," he gets combo shield for 5 seconds and 45% chance of unstoppable for 2 seconds on Evade at a mere 20 hits (+streak), meaning if it doesn't happen early in the first fight, it's not happening.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    he has combo shield which would help prevent unfortunate losses
    I feel he's op and i also know i shouldn't base my judgement on epic

Btw you seem knowledgeable on diminishing returns and challenger rating
    Please explain more
    This is correct. He gains combo shield for 5 seconds on evade (and a possible 2 second unstoppable) at a mere 20 hits. With a decent sig level, that's basically first 30 seconds of the first fight, and then never again.
    This is likely also correct. Sig 150 in the uncollected quest had 67% retention.

This is not. The sig ability states that the portion is added to his persistent charges, so unless that is worded wrong, the only way the already existing charges could be affected is if they accelerated the growth.

Further, with even 20% retention not accelerated by his existing charges, by the end of 5 fights, he'll start with the average streak length he ended with. With 75 charges, he'll be hitting with massive crit rating, getting combo shield off evade, applying large block proficiency reductions, and several more abilities that simply will not go away.

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Win the fight

Hmmm to me this is op
    Hehe
    Move along now

..... LOL.

That’s not how he works.. the percentage only applies to the new combo number

So fight 1 = 100 hits ... 70 on PC meter
    Fight 2 = 80 hits.. 70 + 56 on PC meter = 126

Have to see him in actual game to see how it really is but this is my interpretation
  • DioniusDionius Posts: 19
    I 1-shot him with 4* AA. It was easy. Magik also works.
  • KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    edited November 2018
    What I take from what the OP is saying is that it may be better to tone him down now to avoid the community backlash for later because if they nerf him later the community is gonna throw tantrums and say things like, “we spent hard earned money on his crystals”, “now I wasted a lot resources on him”, and my favorite, “give us rank down tickets”. It’s still early to tell and the EQ is hard to call but the potential is there
  • Sillyboy710Sillyboy710 Posts: 33
    Ægon is not OP the node buffs in uncollected make him OP along with his duped ability if you remove his dupe or either backup recovery or buffet then it would make the fight fairer but we all know Kabam wont do that