**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

One Simple Change to Improve the Worst Champs in the Game

2»

Comments

• Turbonator14Turbonator14 Posts: 40
    This is one of the best fan made original suggestions I have ever seen, excellent job man!
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    @Mitchell35 I agree with a lot of your points, but since most Armor Up characters are tech champs, i don't have a problem with the various Cosmic champions that can armor break being considered a counter to an Armor Up/Crit Resistance character.

As Corvus is already a staple meta champ in war, a change like this would actually lower his use, be use even though he can armor break, he could still cause the opponent to activate more Armor Ups when he begins his combo after his parry, lowering his overall average damage, and using up his glaive charges on potential non-crit hits.

But everyone’s damage would go down. Imagine fighting a 90% armor node in war that also reduced your crit rate to 0. I can’t think of a maybe two champs that wouldn’t time out. Omega red and void. But with this proposed change, an iron Patriot (crazy armor up, check it out) on Debuff immune will get at least one death regardless.

The only three answers to this are:

High energy damage (Dorm, Bishop, MS sp1 5 souls)

Armor break (Corvus, Medusa, iron fist)

Nullify (Magik, MS sp 2, Sym Sup)

While This raises some interesting champs to the meta, (a savvy bishop player could take the IP mentioned above) it also cements a few already god tier champs firmly in the meta for a long time.

Kabam has stated that they want a shifting meta, if not explicitly on the forums, then on an idelest podcast or a Brian grant interview. In order to shift the meta away from Corvus in this case, they will have to take drastic, blade-like steps to push him out, something that they want to do just as much as they want to have another 12.0.

Another note:
    No one wants to see their 5/65’s critting for 1000. It’s a certain aspect of fun to rank up and see yellow numbers you’ve never seen before. It takes a certain joy out of the game to take that away.

It may buff the defensive purposes of bad champs, but why? It’s not like we have a shortage of tricky defenders, and why would we want to take away from our starky’s in exchange for she hulks?
  • Chubs2XChubs2X Posts: 61
    I am with you, AMEN.

GENIUS 🤓🙌🏾
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I think Kabam could implement this and, as Axe said, have a sense of balance with it.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    @Mitchell35 I definitely am not suggesting that critical resistance be added to Armor nodes in war or AQ. A permanent armor effect plus critical resistance would just be crazy and probably super frustrating for everyone.

Even though the armor node uses the same buff icon as Armor Up, they should be considered separate and only characters that actually have the Armor Up ability should be considered for this idea.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Anything that makes Colossus colossal gets my thumbs up!
    Keeping it alive
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Keep it a live
  • What about giving the worst champions a big advantage, to come back in the game
    More support for this.
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    But wouldn’t imiw get more stronger due to this?
    But wouldn’t imiw get more stronger due to this?

No. He talked about it in the post...
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Good post! It's going to take a lot more than crit resist to make IP and HB good, but its a start.
  • well done brother.
    Kabam Read And listen For the First Time
    Let keep it alive
    Kabam... c'mon.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    @Mitchell35 I agree with a lot of your points, but since most Armor Up characters are tech champs, i don't have a problem with the various Cosmic champions that can armor break being considered a counter to an Armor Up/Crit Resistance character.

As Corvus is already a staple meta champ in war, a change like this would actually lower his use, be use even though he can armor break, he could still cause the opponent to activate more Armor Ups when he begins his combo after his parry, lowering his overall average damage, and using up his glaive charges on potential non-crit hits.

But everyone’s damage would go down. Imagine fighting a 90% armor node in war...

The only three answers to this are:

High energy damage (Dorm, Bishop, MS sp1 5 souls)

Armor break (Corvus, Medusa, iron fist)

Nullify (Magik, MS sp 2, Sym Sup)

There isn't any shortage of armour break champs, though. And there are a few other solutions -

Damage over time:
    - Bleed when it comes back next season
    - Degeneration (Cable, Kingpin, Mordo)
    - Poison (DV, Ant-Man)
    - Shock not so good as will be reduced by armour.

True Strike (Killmonger, Cable, Karnak)

Plus some other (older) champs can bypass armour on specials even without True Strike -
    OG Thor (SP1)
    Ronan (SP1+2)
    Captain Marvel (SP1)
    Old Man Logan (SP1)
    Falcon (SP2) technically ignores Physical Resistance; but should work in theory.

I like the idea. It buffs both armour up champs and (by extension) armour break champs. Won't shift Corvus as a great attacker; but it won't actually make him vastly more valuable either.
    Also something else I thought of, this idea would be in line with the class advantage system, since Armor Up champs tend to be tech, and mutants often rely on criticals, specifically criticals from high damage specials (Storm, Magneto, Cyclops, etc), and special effects from regular critical hits (Wolverine, Archangel, Nightcrawler, Iceman, etc.).
    Bumping my old idea in hopes that some dev takes notice and considers it
  • SwansongSwansong Posts: 40
    I’ll second that !
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    edited February 2019
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf
    I know others have already tagged some of you, but I think @AxeCopFire 's idea is brilliant. I'd be interested to see what y'all will do with it.
  • New KABAM employee of the decade confirmed.
  • Not bad but kabam is busy with spidey gwen and she hulk they would look at this but with tired eyes
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    edited February 2019
    Haha and nbd thought if this change applies, then they will introduce strong defenders that have only armor up buffs , what applies for old champs will apply for new champs , imagine how difficult will be to fight smbd like Medusa, Korg, killmomger, mephisto and so on if they had a permanent armor up in aw or high end , better to rework this champs individual
  • New KABAM employee of the decade confirmed.