**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Psylocke Question

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Why does the opponent gaining power from kinetic reactor turn off Psylocke’s power lock?

Is this an intended interaction? After Magneto hit Psylocke’s block, power lock disappears (pictured sequence) and Magneto begins gaining power from Psylocke’s hits (last pic).

I’m a new Psylocke convert, so I’m all ears.

kkzwr4p8bjfc.png

id9k4i0v6gg2.png
roiijj44xudj.png
myun5976z7ct.png
9ynnn425grje.png
3843kacms5tb.png

bro8ich7s17q.png
mqwnv973rg4x.png21joct2eu1mf.png

7z726mn0pmnt.png
Dr. Zola

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    It's intended. She doesn't power lock when the enemy has 0 power. Instead, she just doesn't give them power while they are being struck by her.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    So...power lock goes away when Magneto gets power from striking her block via kinetic reactor? Does it make sense that she loses power lock at that moment?

Dr. Zola
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Yes, since he is getting power from another source that isn't being struck by her.
    It also doesn't work against Dr. Strange power gain, or power gain buffs for example.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Psylocke passively enervates her opponent when they are at zero power and she has a charge. If the opponent goes above 0 power they are no longer enervated. Enervate prevents the opponent from gaining power when struck but they can still gain power from other means (kinetic reactor, MD, buffs, etc).

It’s not a power lock, her S2 has a power lock.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Sixth frame up there is out of place.

Understand now. All of which makes her considerably less useful on a kinetic reactor node. Have to keep dropping power drain and intercepting to make it work.

Greatly appreciate the insight.

Dr. Zola
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s basically a passive enervate, to sum it up
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Yep, as others have said it's less like a power lock and more of an enervate. I venture if you tested the same thing with gwenpool and even beast, you would get the same results
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    It’s passive enervate not Power Lock

As a fellow 1st wave Psylocke convert myself think of her as the abandoned love child of Hawkeye and Magik

Sp1 power drain (possible gain)
    Sp2 Power LOCK!
    Sp3 avoid!!!

She’s actually pretty solid for just increase gain or whatever but you’ll need that Sp2 for Kinetic Reactor.

One think about her that IMO makes her situationally better is that you can kinda mix Sp1 and Sp2 for an odd drain-lock combo that eventually enables a heavy attack bomb drop

(Vs a 100% power gain node might make her really good if she never fully drains her enemy by just constantly 5-hit-Sp1 combining for essentially a Sp3-Proof charge builder)