**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vision synthesis on power gain nodes

Hi,

Can I check will vision synthesis gain extra power on power gain nodes?

Was not able to find an answer from search history.

Thanks

Comments

• Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 684 ★★★
    no
  • Noted. Thanks
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    How about synthesis + start with 1 power bar? Does that make him 2 power bar?
    probably
    i mean symbiote difficulty vision has start with 2 bars node on him and he starts with 3 bars of power
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Yes.

I believe this is the main reason they got rid of Power Start 2 as a node in AW. You could put a high level Vision there and he'd start with 3 bars of power. If that Vision was running Suicides, there was a good chance it would be a 1-hit KO.

This seems to be why there's no more Power Start 2 and also the reason why they didn't bump up the effectiveness of Synthesis in the 5* version of Vision. At max level, you're going to get 50% power (1.5 bars). If they bumped it up to 66% power (2 bars), you could put Vision on Power Start 1 and have the same problem.

• ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218

yes
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Yes.

I believe this is the main reason they got rid of Power Start 2 as a node in AW. You could put a high level Vision there and he'd start with 3 bars of power. If that Vision was running Suicides, there was a good chance it would be a 1-hit KO.

This seems to be why there's no more Power Start 2 and also the reason why they didn't bump up the effectiveness of Synthesis in the 5* version of Vision. At max level, you're going to get 50% power (1.5 bars). If they bumped it up to 66% power (2 bars), you could put Vision on Power Start 1 and have the same problem.

There are quite a few high damaging special 2s ... That node (start with sp2 and sp2 unblockable together)( was a good riddance, otherwise it was just unavoidable damage on a lot of champs ..

I'm not saying I miss the node, but I'm having a hard time coming up with champs who have L2's that would qualify as "unavoidable damage". Sure, there's going to be block damage for some, but is there a champ in the game when placed on an unblockable L2 where you're absolutely going to take a hit?

For me, Punisher's L2 is among the hardest to dodge. I've done it a handful of times, but not with any consistency.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Synthesis is a set amount of power, any start with (x) bars of power node will just add on to it
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,632 Guardian
    edited November 2018
    @Avengers320 So does a Power Gain node buff only affect the amount of power a defender receives from actually being hit ? Does that mean Hyperion would not gain extra(faster) power during his power gain buff periods (just the normal power rate as if he weren't on that AW node) ??