**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Iron Man - The Ultimate Unfair Defender

This Champion is INCREDIBLY OP. I can't even get past him in a regular quest because of all of his Insanse Mechanics... He Auto Blocks, U can Barely Parry Him..The way His Specials are set up, u cant dash in for a combo after he activtes either of his specials, When he's low on health hes consistenly Auto Blocking and at the same time hes gaining power so im constantly evading specials. U Cant Nullify his Armor...Even when armor is Broken he Has Passive Armor AND HE BYPASSES ARMOR SHATTER???? Come on Seriously??? Its Insane. TUNE HIM DOWN KABAM.

Comments

• Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Use venom and utilize the heavy countering strategy.

That is all, thank you
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    JDunk2291 wrote: »
    This Champion is INCREDIBLY OP. I can't even get past him in a regular quest because of all of his Insanse Mechanics... He Auto Blocks, U can Barely Parry Him..The way His Specials are set up, u cant dash in for a combo after he activtes either of his specials, When he's low on health hes consistenly Auto Blocking and at the same time hes gaining power so im constantly evading specials. U Cant Nullify his Armor...Even when armor is Broken he Has Passive Armor AND HE BYPASSES ARMOR SHATTER???? Come on Seriously??? Its Insane. TUNE HIM DOWN KABAM.

Hold block to bait a heavy. His heavy attack is easily punished. If he has few armors, you can use a heavy of your own. Otherwise, you can go in for a 5-hit combo.

Once you get this down, you can take him down pretty easily with any champ.

Yea theres little hints and tips thats still doesn't and take away the fact this guy is SUPER OP...what about his constant power gain?? Constantly having to evade SP1
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Use venom and utilize the heavy countering strategy.

That is all, thank you

Venom true strike activate only wen hes below 18%
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Hold block to bait a heavy. His heavy attack is easily punished. If he has few armors, you can use a heavy of your own. Otherwise, you can go in for a 5-hit combo.

Once you get this down, you can take him down pretty easily with any champ.

Yea theres little hints and tips thats still doesn't and take away the fact this guy is SUPER OP...what about his constant power gain?? Constantly having to evade SP1

He only gets that when he's duped and very low health with armors. Let the armors fall off and you don't have to worry about it.
    Ill.let his armors fall.off...im.forced to.evade an sp1...I try to attack and he gains 4 more.armor charges...This champ is totally unfair and OP.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Hyperion. Evade and block until SP3. unleash.
    .....Trying to think outside the box...
    Void?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Angela destroys him. Bait heavy attacks, counter with your own. His SP1 is easy to evade (at least the unblockable first hit).

You have to learn how to fight other ways than a basic parry-combo button mash style to beat him.
    Void?

I wouldn't exactly consider Void to be "outside the box". I'd argue that Void is the single best counter to IMIW in the entire contest. Corvus might give him a run for the money, but I'd still give the edge to Void. Especially in any fight longer than a standard arena fight.

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Man... Corvus takes him down so fast, even in AW. Also, IMIW feeds Corvus 3 charges to make the rest of the path easier: Avenger, Auto-Block, and Tech
    Basically bring the right champ is all got out of this lmao
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Angela destroys him. Bait heavy attacks, counter with your own. His SP1 is easy to evade (at least the unblockable first hit).

You have to learn how to fight other ways than a basic parry-combo button mash style to beat him.

Easy to evade i agree and thats not the issue...its the fact u cant rush him for a combo after evading because he recovers so quickly
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    OP,

As many have stated, there’s nothing wrong with an Iron Man that has finally some use.

He might be a hard defender to fight but by no means unbeatable.

So listen to the advice given by the rest here and practise. Once you get used to fighting him, he’s not that tough.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    It's always about practice...duped he is a little pain below 15% but he is manageable..if u are fighting a duped one use a heavy hitter and save for sp3 and use that once he gets low..I use void for him on path 7 and I usually face 2 or more imiw every war...unduped I take him down with either blade or medusa if I am saving void..unduped has nothing much going for him...u just gotta practice against him
  • Change your fight style - simple - it’s a player issue not an OP champs issue - FYI a sparky with 10 poise charges can bait a heavy and then land his own heavy twice for a 2 shot kill on a 6* duped IMIW - stop whining and change your strategy
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 568 ★★★
    I completely agree that IMIW totally sucks, and I, being an incredibly average player, have had many, many troubles with him.

But, I can say with confidence, that the Venom advice is real. There are plenty of other options as well, but Venom is my personal favorite.

Here's a vid of me poorly attempting to employ the "relentless heavy attack/armor break/bleed him out" technique against "Optimist" IMIW in this month's UCEQ 3.2 with an unduped R3 5* Venom...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8KRE7_2ZVI

Like I said... not the best fight... lots I could've done better... several missed opportunities to intercept with specials, but I was playing it safe... but, not the worst attempt either. No revives and I left with almost half my health.

I consider that a win.

Anyway, start practicing dueling "Wick2.0" and then try some harder fights. Any armor break champ should do.

Good luck.

Awesome fight mate, do you swipe forward and hit heavy? Because my venoms heavy doesnt reach imiw he just stand there and swings
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Use an Armor Break Champ and Bait the L1. I can take him down with SG. No Meme. Lol. Spidey works well too.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Mind you, I wouldn't suggest SG unless she's Ranked high, for harder content. Explore Champs that use Armor Break and get into the habit of Baiting that L1.
    Void?

I wouldn't exactly consider Void to be "outside the box". I'd argue that Void is the single best counter to IMIW in the entire contest. Corvus might give him a run for the money, but I'd still give the edge to Void. Especially in any fight longer than a standard arena fight.

Yeah. It was an answer/guess outside "my box". I only received Void recently so I'm only learning to use him now. I went ahead and mentioned him since he did seem like a great solution but I didn't;t have any current experience. Thanks for verifying.
    Void?

Yeah. It was an answer/guess outside "my box". I only received Void recently so I'm only learning to use him now. I went ahead and mentioned him since he did seem like a great solution but I didn't;t have any current experience. Thanks for verifying.

No problem.

Void is able to give solid damage over time, so your time spent baiting specials isn't wasted. And we all know that in a war fight, you don't have a ton of time to mess around. Plus, by the time you get him down to the range where his sig ability activates, you'll likely have fear of the void active, so his power gain is either halted or even reversed depending on how many petrify debuffs are active. While you're waiting for the armors to fall off so you don't get auto-blocked, he's not going to gain any power and he'll likely just die from the damage over time.

Plus Void's heavy has some really good range. It's very easy to use and pushes the enemy back a lot, which helps keep him from getting cornered.
    Void?

No problem.

Void is able to give solid damage over time, so your time spent baiting specials isn't wasted. And we all know that in a war fight, you don't have a ton of time to mess around. Plus, by the time you get him down to the range where his sig ability activates, you'll likely have fear of the void active, so his power gain is either halted or even reversed depending on how many petrify debuffs are active. While you're waiting for the armors to fall off so you don't get auto-blocked, he's not going to gain any power and he'll likely just die from the damage over time.

Plus Void's heavy has some really good range. It's very easy to use and pushes the enemy back a lot, which helps keep him from getting cornered.

I will say that I used Void against UC Quest Starky Boss recently and he went down very fast with that degen. He is a VERY good solution to that one.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    You can use literally anyone to beat him once you know how he works. You can punish him after a second medium attack, or after or during his heavy attacks. His AI is pretty predictable, so he's pretty easy to intercept. He can only auto block when he procs a 4th armor effect (1 armor when he's duped and under 15% health), both his specials are easily evaded. I like him. He's a pleasant change to the parry and bait monotony of regular defenders.
    geoff78 wrote: »
    You can use literally anyone to beat him once you know how he works. You can punish him after a second medium attack, or after or during his heavy attacks. His AI is pretty predictable, so he's pretty easy to intercept. He can only auto block when he procs a 4th armor effect (1 armor when he's duped and under 15% health), both his specials are easily evaded. I like him. He's a pleasant change to the parry and bait monotony of regular defenders.

All true. Plus, he's very willing to throw specials. If he's got a bar of power, be ready to evade.

He's not stingy with specials like some champs *glares at Medusa*