**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iron Man - The Ultimate Unfair Defender

13»

Comments

• WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    BeginthEnd wrote: »
    Don’t even try it with AA. His wings make lil bits of scrap metal that wreck em worse than Raplh playing Donkey Kong cause it’s always on.
    Hmmm... maybe I'm confused by how weirdly you worded your post, but AA seems like a terrible option against IMIW.

Class disadvantage, no armor break and IMIW becomes bleed immune when he has an armor buff.

Maybe not the worst option... but not a very good one, IMO.

I was a bit confused by that as well, but it did get me wondering if I could beat a strong IMIW with both class disadvantage and no armor break, so basically no advantages against IMIW. I decided to give it a go with a 5/50 Rogue. Rogue does have one advantage though, and that's her relatively long reach on heavy. I got Wick2.0 down in two tries using mostly heavy spamming, then decided to try again this time without really using continuous heavies. Took a couple more tries to erase the muscle memory of wanting to heavy counter and figure out an alternate way to bring him down using slow play past 15% and SP3. So even with class disadvantage, without armor break, and without spamming heavies it is still possible to bring down IMIW. Granted, it isn't a node-buffed defender, but I'm also not the greatest IMIW fighter in the world either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6I_cd_TNXU

People like you are why my IMIW only gets 2 or 3 kills anymore :'(:'(
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    ace930999 wrote: »
    Medusa wrecks him

Medusa is not the best to use as armor shatter does not stop armor passives.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    JDunk2291 wrote: »
    This Champion is INCREDIBLY OP. I can't even get past him in a regular quest because of all of his Insanse Mechanics... He Auto Blocks, U can Barely Parry Him..The way His Specials are set up, u cant dash in for a combo after he activtes either of his specials, When he's low on health hes consistenly Auto Blocking and at the same time hes gaining power so im constantly evading specials. U Cant Nullify his Armor...Even when armor is Broken he Has Passive Armor AND HE BYPASSES ARMOR SHATTER???? Come on Seriously??? Its Insane. TUNE HIM DOWN KABAM.

If u think imiw is bad wait till u see korg
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    I take path 7 in war so I fight him at least once, but usually twice and never die. Just get your heavy attacks timed right. Void and corvus are both great counters to him. He's not op, just learn how to fight him and you'll never fear him again.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    It all comes down to practice. No defender is really that bad. I'm happy to see defenders that can be beat with skills rather than money **"magik prior to md nerf and blade"** if iwim was truly op you would see all top alliances using nothing but 4,5,and 6* iwim. I don't recall any aw with 20 or more of him so your argument is not valid
  • ace930999 wrote: »
    Medusa wrecks him

Medusa is not the best to use as armor shatter does not stop armor passives.

You're not supposed to armor shatter IMIW with Medusa. You're supposed to keep landing armor breaks to remove his armor passives. Medusa's guaranteed armor break on medium is great for that.
  • Kerneas wrote: »
    Honestly I don't like him and bellow 15%, he takes like 7 hits to be killed, which makes you take a lot of block dmg. But I have to admit, that it's very smart from Kabam to create such a money machine for them.

Strong defenders are a money machine because they increase potion use. Strong attackers are a money machine because everyone spends to get them. Even bad champions are a money machine because they make it harder to get the good ones from crystal drops. It is fortunate for Kabam that they can literally generate champions with a random number generator and they will always be money machines.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I've explored a number of unconventional options for him. SG, Sym Spidey, DD, etc. Moderate success. You just have to play around with options.
  • LiamS1990LiamS1990 Posts: 96
    Crossbones with 4 furys can just run in and attack and not have to worry about the autoblock. Very good if you don't have the likes of void, Hyperion, Cap IW, venom, heimdall or another many other champs with the true stike. He doesn't need tuning down he is a great defender and attacker and he helps shake up the contest to make you play outside the usual boring fight style. Just watch videos from YouTube and so on and learn some skills to take him down. You will soon have fun fighting him with a wide range of champions
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    Hes easy... And no im not gonna tell u how.. Would ruin my defense. Lol
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Well, if Iron IW is soooooo easy to beat, why do you r5 him? Why do you still use him in AW? You guys are hilarious. IMIW is one of those (FEW) champ for which you have to adapt your fightstyle. The fact that me, you or other 1000 players adapted their style doesn't make him easy.