**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

There is still a gold problem in the game

Comments

• Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    If you do not have an issue with gold, STFU and let people who are having issues plead their case. I guess you guys who don't have gold issues in the game all drive exotic sports cars in real life. And therefore, everyone should have exotic sports cars.

Or we could just engage in some constructive and interesting conversation about the game. I’m actually gold broke right now, but some of that is my own fault. A little more gold would be nice, sure. I just don’t view it as a huge issue. That’s all.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    There needs to a be a forum rule that requires players to post their PvP stats if they choose to post about a lack of gold. I haven't been able to get under 20-30 mil since arena gold costs and rewards got buffed.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    It’s easy to have gold shortage especially if you don’t grind the arena.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    It really is just keeping on top of arena. Got my 6* hood beginning of this month. Brought me way down from a million gold to around 400k, got back up to like 600k then r4d my 5* archangel and that brought me down to nothing. But in the span of my two day Ægon grind, I’m back to 500k, it’s annoying, but it’s not fatal
  • Options
    PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    There's a weekly event called summoner advancement. Anyone heard of it? Funny thing is, you get more points and better rewards for things such as ranking up and leveling up champs. That requires gold. Also, you actually can score more points in those arenas that you guys keep mentioning. Do you know how? By ranking up as many champs as you possibly can. It's weird, I know. To be more constructive, I would like to see better gold rewards across the board. Not quite sure how requesting a little more of something gets under some people's skin.
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    No gold problem for me too, and I hardly grind arena nowadays compared to a year ago. Sitting on 27m and I’m rated at 770k. What to do with all this gold???

First world problems I guess.
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    I just donated 888,888 gold earlier this week as I felt the need to empty out my reserves. Oh, and I only spend during Independence Day and cyber Monday if the offers are good.
  • Options
    MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    Smitty138 wrote: »
    I'm done... I'm not here to convince the skeptics... Kabam knows exactly what they are doing... I just beg them to consider fixing this complete travesty of an in-game economy...

I thought you were done?
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I do 1-2 hours of arena per day depending on time available and I haven’t dipped below 3 million in months. It’s pretty easy to outpace your rankups if you just get the basic milestones in several arenas. Those battlechips add up.

I barely use anything below my 5* and 6* for the higher ones once I get the streaks going.

You don’t have to get a crazy score in any of them or grind your life away, but you do have to consistently do some every day.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    So you are telling me that you think the amount of gold obtained relative to champs recieved is equal to what it was in the past??? If that's the case I beg you to investigate more... There's a reason half the deals Kabam offers have gold in them... They know there is a shortage, but would rather make money from it than make it right..

No I'm telling you if both your Accounts are broke, the common denominator is Resource management. There's Gold in the game to be earned. It's a matter of how much you're spending compared to how much youre earning and saving. Lots of people manage Gold. If you're going for broke everytime and not saving it or taking time off of spending to replenish it, you won't have any.
  • Options
    I respect that.... Disagree to an extent, but respect it... @GroundedWisdom
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    This is so sad. Till now ppl used to say, rank up some 5s and you'll know gold shortage and..

Here I'm with few 4/55, 3/45 and 5/50 champs and still got 4 mil gold. There is NO gold problem, the only problem is with ppl not wanting to even try to accumulate a resource and manage it.
  • Options
    I can't take you seriously at all... Try and bring something useful to the conversation... @rockykoston
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I can't take you seriously at all... Try and bring something useful to the conversation... @rockykoston

Exactly, no need to take me seriously or this game for that matter. There's no gold shortage, now repeat that, there's no gold shortage.

It is plenty useful to say that phrase and grind arena. Haha.
  • Options
    Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    edited November 2018
    To each his own... I just dont feel like getting blasted on a public forum for expressing my opinion, which I was under the impression is exactly what it's for...
  • Options
    Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    edited November 2018
    My opinion is there is a gold shortage... Repeat there is a gold shortage.. Hahaha @rockykoston
  • Options
    AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Wow with all these people trying to say we are having a constructive discussion on this matter when all are trying to be devil's advocate
  • Options
    Well, being Devil's Advocate is another term for explaining the other side. Fact is, we just disagree that there's a Gold problem because we don't have an issue with it. Constructive conversation doesn't mean people need to agree. It just means they can disagree in a respectful and productive manner.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't run very much arena and have never had a gold problem. Can't remember the last time I was under 20 million. Always running low on loyalty whereas others have 1 million+. Used to always have a t1 alpha problem. Others complain about t4cc while I have 54 full crystals and 1400 frag crystals. It's always going to be something. Still, enough people have gold issues and it's only going to get worse as we start ranking 6*s. It would be nice to see a little more gold made available.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    First of all, I HAVE gold issue now and thus I understand what OP is saying, yet I also read through 3 pages of comment and respect the counter arguments from some of the posters. It's really a resource management issue and it can be encountered in some ways, such as:
    1. Stop level up for one week or certain period (if your alliance didn't have any requirement on Summoner Advancement minimum contribution);
    2. Grind arena and open arena crystals (I suggest to just open normal arena crystal I/O uncollected one as I got more gold based on my experience);
    3. Plan ahead the level up schedule

I used to have ~2mm gold reserve yet it run down quickly as I got some lucks to pull 3 good 5* within two weeks, and given I have all T4c and T4cc available thus the only result is no more gold available and I even need to sell ISOs. Therefore I admire all those who got over 10mm of gold and claimed they have nothing to spend. Nonetheless, I think this topic can become more constructive (I/O both sides goes to the extreme) if posters without gold issue can share how he/she accumulate gold to certain level and the spending pattern. I think it may turn out become an useful guide and lesson learnt for other players.

All in all, unless you keep spending hard currency, otherwise it's always constraint maximization management for F2P players. Whilst I aware that when your resources are accumulated to certain level (e.g. gold), your resources could be maintained stable since a buffer have been established, it is a matter of how you get there, and I think it is a better knowledge to share.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    @Smitty138 you get all those 104 posts in this one discussion? lol
  • Options
    Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I'm exploring 5.1 and racking up tons of XP... except I'm already at lvl 60. Why don't we get some sort of conversion to more gold for players maxed out on XP?
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    I think people are talking past each other a little bit.

Some say there’s a gold problem, and then some respond that there isn’t.

I think it would help to be a bit more specific. While true that gold is available in the game to be had in large quantities, it’s primarily from running arena.

I think what people are trying to say when talking about a “gold problem,” is that there should be alternate ways to earn significant amounts of gold besides arena.

Myself, I’m an arena grinder so I have tons of the stuff....but I can see how there are people out there that aren’t fans of grinding arena and would like an alternate way to gather gold. I don’t think it’s a bad idea for Kabam to consider other methods for people to acquire gold.
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Yes. Since 5 & 6 star champions were added, they've added more arenas, moved all gold rewards to the first 3 milestones in each champion arena, reduced AQ costs, and added dungeons...all of these things have improved the state of gold in the game.

Pretty much this. And don’t forget AW Skirmish rewards. Tbh they have a done a ton to increase gold in the game recently and most of it is outside of arena.
  • Options
    KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    Gold is not an issue. Join an alliance that does AQ and War and participates in events, and you wont have a problem. I do think that maybe a Gold Realm quest once a month with significantly reduced rewards or maybe a gold quest once every 3 months with better rewards. But gold is not an issue if you know how to play the game
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Hopefully they bring back gold realms because there is a gold issue for most people
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    It’s always like this. People complain about gold because they feel it should be easier for them to rank up champs. It’s a progression game so you get what you put into it whether it be time or money. Higher ranked accounts are up there because of one or the other, maybe even both. They have made the game so much easier then when it came out almost 4 yrs ago. All I see is please make it easier for me so I can rank up my champs unlike all the others who put time into the game. I use to grind arenas but rarely do it now or in months and still have over 43 million and that was after paying 7 mil for alliance, donation trades along with map 6x5. Personally I wouldn’t want a change because why make it easier when I had to put the work in. 😴😴😴
    u7gc3npgp1l9.png
    3wpq44mvl8dp.png
    3aj497p93fz0.png
    Sure all I’ll get backlash but that’s my opinion.
  • Options
    Stara99 wrote: »
    It’s always like this. People complain about gold because they feel it should be easier for them to rank up champs. It’s a progression game so you get what you put into it whether it be time or money. Higher ranked accounts are up there because of one or the other, maybe even both. They have made the game so much easier then when it came out almost 4 yrs ago. All I see is please make it easier for me so I can rank up my champs unlike all the others who put time into the game. I use to grind arenas but rarely do it now or in months and still have over 43 million and that was after paying 7 mil for alliance, donation trades along with map 6x5. Personally I wouldn’t want a change because why make it easier when I had to put the work in. 😴😴😴
    u7gc3npgp1l9.png
    3wpq44mvl8dp.png
    3aj497p93fz0.png
    Sure all I’ll get backlash but that’s my opinion.

I want that Goldpool. Lol.