**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

There is still a gold problem in the game

1235»

Comments

• Options
    RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    Stara99 wrote: »
    It’s always like this. People complain about gold because they feel it should be easier for them to rank up champs. It’s a progression game so you get what you put into it whether it be time or money. Higher ranked accounts are up there because of one or the other, maybe even both. They have made the game so much easier then when it came out almost 4 yrs ago. All I see is please make it easier for me so I can rank up my champs unlike all the others who put time into the game. I use to grind arenas but rarely do it now or in months and still have over 43 million and that was after paying 7 mil for alliance, donation trades along with map 6x5. Personally I wouldn’t want a change because why make it easier when I had to put the work in. 😴😴😴
    u7gc3npgp1l9.png
    3wpq44mvl8dp.png
    3aj497p93fz0.png
    Sure all I’ll get backlash but that’s my opinion.

I want that Goldpool. Lol.

Yes I agree it's a progression game and I'm not complaining about the lack of other resources I'm saying that as u progress the amount of gold u get in the beginning is more than enough when ur ranking up 2* and 3* and for the most part 4* but as u progress into the higher 5* levels and ranks the amount of gold u spend is higher but the amount of gold u get is the same as in the begging, ur uncollected good for u, I'm not yet, when u spend 60k in battle chips u walk with a million, 15 million maybe more, when I spend 60k in battle chips I walk with less than 300k, u seeing a difference, just to take a 5* from rank 2 to 3 it cost me almost 700k, some of my alliance members are uncollected I've seen the gold they get, the 2 don't compare
  • Options
    If you do not have an issue with gold, STFU and let people who are having issues plead their case. I guess you guys who don't have gold issues in the game all drive exotic sports cars in real life. And therefore, everyone should have exotic sports cars.

Or we could just engage in some constructive and interesting conversation about the game. I’m actually gold broke right now, but some of that is my own fault. A little more gold would be nice, sure. I just don’t view it as a huge issue. That’s all.

I'm guessing u haven't added up how much gold that equals out to have u, it's less than 200k for all the gold in all 5 arenas for top 3 milestones, so twice a week Hey that's 400k now I take my 5* from rank 2 to rank 3 and lucky me I also have enough gold to increase his level to level 5
  • Options
    Also since most of u don't think there's been a gold problem and may still be one, well kabam disagreed with u guys that's why they moved all the gold to the top 3 milestones and added in the greater gold crystal, why do that if gold so easy to get.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    RO53TT1 wrote: »
    Also since most of u don't think there's been a gold problem and may still be one, well kabam disagreed with u guys that's why they moved all the gold to the top 3 milestones and added in the greater gold crystal, why do that if gold so easy to get.

Which is why there shouldn’t be a gold problem now.

s676bx34mghb.png

a2y8vy0bjhuj.png
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    It’s always like this. People complain about gold because they feel it should be easier for them to rank up champs. It’s a progression game so you get what you put into it whether it be time or money. Higher ranked accounts are up there because of one or the other, maybe even both. They have made the game so much easier then when it came out almost 4 yrs ago. All I see is please make it easier for me so I can rank up my champs unlike all the others who put time into the game. I use to grind arenas but rarely do it now or in months and still have over 43 million and that was after paying 7 mil for alliance, donation trades along with map 6x5. Personally I wouldn’t want a change because why make it easier when I had to put the work in. 😴😴😴
    u7gc3npgp1l9.png
    3wpq44mvl8dp.png
    3aj497p93fz0.png

Yes I agree it's a progression game and I'm not complaining about the lack of other resources I'm saying that as u progress the amount of gold u get in the beginning is more than enough when ur ranking up 2* and 3* and for the most part 4* but as u progress into the higher 5* levels and ranks the amount of gold u spend is higher but the amount of gold u get is the same as in the begging, ur uncollected good for u, I'm not yet, when u spend 60k in battle chips u walk with a million, 15 million maybe more, when I spend 60k in battle chips I walk with less than 300k, u seeing a difference, just to take a 5* from rank 2 to 3 it cost me almost 700k, some of my alliance members are uncollected I've seen the gold they get, the 2 don't compare

And no. We don’t walk with a million in gold with 60k battle chips.

Uncollected Arena Crystals are the same as normal arena crystals, except that there’s a chance of a 5* Punisher.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    u7gc3npgp1l9.png
    3wpq44mvl8dp.png
    3aj497p93fz0.png

Uncollected chips are 3x the cost for 3x the reward. Gold and units are exactly the same over time.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    LOL Gold

We had a huge debate about gold about a year ago. The mods stepped in because it was getting out of hand. Trolling and reverse trolling.

Things we learned

1. Kabam said no to anymore Gold Realms
    2. You need to spend 4-5hrs per day in the arena
    3. Some ppl were and probably still are putting in 12hrs per day in the arena

Basically if you want to be gold secure you’ll have to grind the arena a lot.

Kabam did make gold more available so play more and rank up less.
  • Options
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    We had a huge debate about gold about a year ago.

We've been debating resource limits in general since forever. The reason why people think there's a gold shortage relative to the past is because in the past there was just different shortages. Increasing the availability of T4CC created a T4B shortage. Increasing 5* shard availability created a T1A shortage. Adding the glory store reduced the T1A shortage, combined with higher 5* shard availability created a gold shortage. There is always a shortage because resources cannot line up perfectly for everyone: that's impossible.

Everyone spends resources and gold on ranking up champions, and eventually runs out of resources or runs out of champions. There is a gold shortage for some players, but those just happen to be the players that have more of other things and ran out of gold first. To the extent that there is a gold shortage, it isn't any more important than the T1A shortage, the T4B shortage, the T2A shortage, the T5B shortage, or the 5* and 6* shard shortage that other players are experiencing. Gold-poor players aren't a special class of players that have higher priority needs than everyone else.

Kabam is probably always monitoring the resource inventories of the playerbase and has an idea of how many players at what tiers are constrained by gold or catalysts or the rate of acquiring new champions and when those ratios become unbalanced they take steps to slowly nudge the numbers to something more even. That's why the catalyst improvements, the glory store, and even some of the gold improvements. But what matters generally is whether there is roughly comparable players suffering from different bottlenecks. But a specific player actually suffering from a specific bottleneck is not a problem for the game. It is part of what you're supposed to manage while playing the game. Resource bottlenecks are to MCOC as dribbling is to basketball. If you think it interferes with the important part of the game, you just don't understand the game.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    We had a huge debate about gold about a year ago.
    We've been debating resource limits in general since forever.

Missing the point with a huge text wall just rehash what we talked about a year ago.

1. Kabam addressed the gold issue it’s over

2. Newer players weren’t here for that. So unfortunately Gold probably won’t be addressed again

3. Older players should inform the newer players that they can get gold by playing more or changing the way they play the game

4. Kabam explicitly said no more gold realms. We were told in this forum that the gold realms messed up the internal economy of the game. This is something that they very rarely do, so that’s not a solution anymore.

5. Part of the game is resource management, Kabam relies on the community to convey that message. Many of the YouTube content creators addressed the issue with resources like gold and presented some work arounds. Point newer players in that direction.

The game we have is the game Kabam wants us to play. There is no other game like this on the market like this one and for better or for worse it is what it is.