**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Prof Hoff: What is Kabam’s official possition?

iGrboiGrbo Posts: 46
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Hey Kabam, where do you stand regarding Retaliatory measures implemented by Youtube to punish Prof Hoff for a review made with reasoned arguments and suported by facts?

Will you issue a public statement to help him during his appeal?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    What? Lol.
  • Options
    YouTube (Google) handles its own Policies and Guidelines. Those Policies are pretty iron clad. They've become more strict in the last little while. I'm not sure what actions you're referencing, but Kabam would likely have no pull, if they were to take a position such as that.
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    YouTube (Google) handles its own Policies and Guidelines. Those Policies are pretty iron clad. They've become more strict in the last little while. I'm not sure what actions you're referencing, but Kabam would likely have no pull, if they were to take a position such as that.

I watch every trash or cash video he has. Someone reported his video saying it was harassment against Kabam. Total BS, other Youtubers straight dog Kabam but dont get hit with harassment though?? Hmmmmmm....
  • Options
    cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★

I watch every trash or cash video he has. Someone reported his video saying it was harassment against Kabam. Total BS, other Youtubers straight dog Kabam but dont get hit with harassment though?? Hmmmmmm....

Those people spend real money
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Apparently someone reported one of Prof Hoff's videos for violating Youtube's community guidelines on harassment. I doubt it was Kabam corporate: if they wanted to shut down Prof Hoff there would be more efficient ways than that. It sounds like some angry putz on the internet. I don't recall the video in question in detail, but I've watched most of Prof Hoff's videos including his offer review videos, and while I disagree with them at times, I can't think of any instance where I felt anything in those videos would qualify as abusive or harassing content. You can't "harass" a company by giving a product or service a negative review. That breaks the definition of harassment into uselessness.

Also, I don't know why you're saying Youtube's policies are "pretty iron clad." I think you're just saying that because the words sound nice. Youtube's community standards guidelines have been known to be both ambiguous, inconsistently enforced, often opaque in nature, and in many cases extremely obviously erroneously applied. Youtube straight up lies about how manual reviews are performed, because videos get supposedly manually reviewed by humans in ways that are both impossible (sometimes reviewing a video in far less time than it takes to play) and incredulous (upholding a strike that is clearly in error, sometimes on an entirely different video than was even reported in the first place). And they do play favorites on appeal.

Interacting with Youtube's standards is like playing Calvinball, only with handguns.

I know it based on interactions with other YouTubers, not related to the game, who have had issues with actions. It's not a simple process when appealing, and it doesn't yield much headway.
  • Options
    As for the Video in question, I haven't seen it, so I can't comment either way. Bottom line is with YouTube. If they find something that violates their Policies, they will respond. It's possible to appeal, but the argument stands there. Not much can be done if they decide it violates their TOS.
  • Options
    iGrboiGrbo Posts: 46
    Still, it would be nice to know if Kabam officially feels harrassed or not. Knowing it might prove useful both to us players and customers and Youtube policy-reviewers.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I don't think you're going to find much of a comment saying, "We feel harassed by a YouTuber.". Lol.
  • Options
    For the record, while I don't believe there's a great deal they can do, I equally don't believe they would have that stance. Based on the way they operate in communication here, they're not that sensitive to criticism. They don't censor feedback because it's critical. There are guidelines to the Forum they have to uphold, but they don't oppose criticism. Also, based on the more popular YouTubers that have made umpteen Videos criticizing them, it would seem they don't react that way.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    iGrbo wrote: »
    Still, it would be nice to know if Kabam officially feels harrassed or not. Knowing it might prove useful both to us players and customers and Youtube policy-reviewers.

Yes you know because they have been so open about any sort of private company info in the past and have always issued statements regarding community trouble. You will never, ever get an answer on this in any official capacity from Mods or Kabam corporate teams. Im not certain Prof Hoff is a content creator or not, but I highly doubt he is. Also highly doubtful Kabam reported him. He's been super critical in the past as well. Im not a fan of his nor have i seen whatever video is in question. In reality, who cares. YouTube is separate feom Kabam and wouldnt interfere with them anyways.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Hey folks, we've posted a wider statement on this matter and our philosphy surrounding this stuff in general, here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108244/a-quick-note-about-our-youtube-policy/p1?new=1

I'm going to lock this thread down as this message thoroughly addresses the issue.
This discussion has been closed.