**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

PLEASE either nerf Hyperion or give Strange his power gain back

2»

Comments

• Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    He was not nerfed because he was being used too much. He was being used too much because he was OP. To the point where they couldn't create any new or challenging content. Which has been explained many times, by both Staff and Members. Do I think the nerf was appropriate? Yes, because I understand the reasons for it.

I mean, they could've nerfed him a bit, I agree, but I feel like this was WAY over the top. He was one of the best, yet now his in the bottom third of champs. You don't think that was overkill?

The more complex a Champ's Buffs, the lower their Base Stats and output will be. Otherwise, they become OP. For example, Carnage. If his Stats were raised given the complexity of his existing Buffs, he would become OP. That's why they do it. To maintain balance while still keeping the integrity of their mechanics.

You didn't answer my question. DS went from one end of the spectrum to the other. Awesome to awful. Do you think that was too far or not?

I've already answered. The severity of it was necessary for what they had to do. He's not awful. That's subjective. He's just not what he was. That was the whole point.

Wow. Okay. If you don't think he's awful, I don't know what to say. He's got the lowest base stats and severely nerfed abilities. But okay. I guess you're entitled to that opinion.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Strange wasn't nerfed for his PG. That's what you guys are missing.

This is simply not true. DS was cited as having a power gain that was too powerful. I'm sorry I don't have the quote. The old forums are toast. BUT if his power gain was not an issue then why change it?

And I'm not claiming that was his only nerf or the only thing that made him good or whatever. It was one of many nerfs to the character. They hit him with the nerf hammer so hard he's still spinning. But when I watch Hyperion's power gain rise like a Phoenix while I can get a cup of coffee before DS reaches his first special yeah I too get a little salty. Apples to oranges or not - the fact is Hyperion is awesome while DS was ruined. *Ruined*

They hit him too hard and no one will convince me otherwise. BW got hit too hard as well IMO but she fared better than DS. Thor was hit too hard but they gave him something back at least. SW got hit pretty hard but she was once the true god of MCOC so that one I understand. And even now she's still useful. What is DS useful for anymore? I don't see anyone use him anymore. Tell me that's not sad? He's one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe!

And whoever thought that DS was all powerful IG never used him on a Spite node apparently. It was a total lack of creativity to nuke him into the ground IMO. Node buffs would've solved the problem of people overusing him. Same with Thor. Who would you rather have against a stun immune node? Old Thor (as powerful as he was) or Captain Marvel?
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Oh yea nerf starlord, gwenpool, wolverine, x-23, visions, voodoo, ultron, hulk, capt Americas, new spidey and anybody else that's viable. I want every character to be useless. Maybe the community will be happy then.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Completely agree with this post 100 percent . Kabam it is ridiculous! Strange power gain needs to be restored or hyperion should be nerfed.

You kill DS pretty good in the regen department right. Why kill his power gain too?
  • Options
    explorershaneexplorershane Posts: 34
    Dazzler!
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I BEG OF THE COMMUNITY TO CONSIDER MAKIBG HYPERION POWER GAIN WORK LIKE MOON KNIGHT'S!

Have you checked out youtube or any other streaming service to see how to beat Hyperion without losing massive amounts of health? If you do that I guarantee you will no longer fear his power gain.

Yeah unless you're in the 90% who get the SPECIAL FORCES AI whenever Hyperion is on the screen making him NEVER bait
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    CammonRo wrote: »
    Strange wasn't nerfed for his PG. That's what you guys are missing.

This is simply not true. DS was cited as having a power gain that was too powerful. I'm sorry I don't have the quote. The old forums are toast. BUT if his power gain was not an issue then why change it?

And I'm not claiming that was his only nerf or the only thing that made him good or whatever. It was one of many nerfs to the character. They hit him with the nerf hammer so hard he's still spinning. But when I watch Hyperion's power gain rise like a Phoenix while I can get a cup of coffee before DS reaches his first special yeah I too get a little salty. Apples to oranges or not - the fact is Hyperion is awesome while DS was ruined. *Ruined*

They hit him too hard and no one will convince me otherwise. BW got hit too hard as well IMO but she fared better than DS. Thor was hit too hard but they gave him something back at least. SW got hit pretty hard but she was once the true god of MCOC so that one I understand. And even now she's still useful. What is DS useful for anymore? I don't see anyone use him anymore. Tell me that's not sad? He's one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe!

And whoever thought that DS was all powerful IG never used him on a Spite node apparently. It was a total lack of creativity to nuke him into the ground IMO. Node buffs would've solved the problem of people overusing him. Same with Thor. Who would you rather have against a stun immune node? Old Thor (as powerful as he was) or Captain Marvel?

You're focusing on one Ability and not seeing the greater picture. The nerf didn't come about because of his Power Gain. His Power Gain was a part of what was fuelling his OP status. It was one aspect. When you add that to his other Abilities, and specifically the Regen that depended on the Damage he dealt, you see that the Power Gain was a contributing factor.
    There are no "God Tier" Champs like there were. Some are strong in a few areas, but not overall like the old God Tier. It wasn't one specific Ability. It was the combination of overpowered Abilities, plus the Synergy and Mastery setup, that made them exponentially powerful. Crit, Regen, Reduction, Nullify, Stun, Power Gain, the list goes on. You're centering the comparison on one aspect that another Champ has, but you're not seeing the greater picture. It wasn't the PG that led to the nerf, and it doesn't mean that another Champ shouldn't have that as a strength. People use the term OP way too loosely. OP is what the former God Tier was. That does not exist in the current meta.
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    He was not nerfed because he was being used too much. He was being used too much because he was OP. To the point where they couldn't create any new or challenging content. Which has been explained many times, by both Staff and Members. Do I think the nerf was appropriate? Yes, because I understand the reasons for it.

I mean, they could've nerfed him a bit, I agree, but I feel like this was WAY over the top. He was one of the best, yet now his in the bottom third of champs. You don't think that was overkill?

The more complex a Champ's Buffs, the lower their Base Stats and output will be. Otherwise, they become OP. For example, Carnage. If his Stats were raised given the complexity of his existing Buffs, he would become OP. That's why they do it. To maintain balance while still keeping the integrity of their mechanics.

You didn't answer my question. DS went from one end of the spectrum to the other. Awesome to awful. Do you think that was too far or not?

I've already answered. The severity of it was necessary for what they had to do. He's not awful. That's subjective. He's just not what he was. That was the whole point.

He's pretty awful.
  • Options
    wray1976 wrote: »

He's pretty awful.

I think he could use a tad more Damage output. Nothing extreme. Perhaps added Damage on the Fury Cycle. I wouldn't classify him as awful. One of the reasons people see it that way is because it's low compared to how he used to function. There is also a new system that he's functioning in now, and that makes the effect more extreme. It's just that the focus was on Power Gain, and that's not at all the reason Strange was nerfed. The comparison to Hyperion has been made many times before and they're not the same at all. Hyperion is not pre-12.0 DS. The game has changed. We're months into it. Time to move forward.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Isn't it just possible that they nerfed his power gain because of the combo that is his Counterspell and Mystic Dispersion? So anyone who wants to use Dr. Strange in questing or AW/AQ would have to have Mystic Dispersion as well. I remember in the old forum the reason they gave as to why there are requirements to unlock certain masteries because they don't want "one build to rule them all". Also to take on Hyperion and keep him in check the best combo (along with baiting his specials) I can think of is Dr. Voodoo and Mystic Dispersion. Sounds as if Mystic Dispersion might be next on the chopping block. Of course I could be wrong. I did take a break from the game for a couple of months sometime around the Cable arena.
  • Options
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    wray1976 wrote: »

He's pretty awful.

I think he could use a tad more Damage output. Nothing extreme. Perhaps added Damage on the Fury Cycle. I wouldn't classify him as awful. One of the reasons people see it that way is because it's low compared to how he used to function. There is also a new system that he's functioning in now, and that makes the effect more extreme. It's just that the focus was on Power Gain, and that's not at all the reason Strange was nerfed. The comparison to Hyperion has been made many times before and they're not the same at all. Hyperion is not pre-12.0 DS. The game has changed. We're months into it. Time to move forward.

You seriously have no idea how DS and more importantly how this game works. And the fact that you post this drivel only proves this more.

Doctor Strange is awful and worthless and here are the reasons why so you can't attack me for just a statement with no background;
    -low damage
    -low PI
    -low health
    -poor regen
    -lackluster buffs compared to what he had
    -this list can go on.

When everyone who has him at R5 has ranked him down to R4 or lower is enough proof. Please get your nose out of the company and open your eyes. Give me your hand Helen Keller so I can sign this clearer for you; Doctor Strange Sucks!!!!!!

Come on son!

If you're going to come for me and imply I have no idea how the game works, at least have more factual information than I do, instead of stating a comparison with facts that show the state of how he is now. We're talking about a nerf. All you did was outline the fact that he was nerfed. Present a fact that counters what I've already said in the comments I've made, and perhaps we can have a conversation.....or continue to hate. Your choice.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Dr strange is pretty worthless now... I think among the 8 alliance group I'm a part of less than 5% even have him at 4/40 as he is so incredibly pathetic. Those that do have him at 4/40 are those in the lower groups who use him on unblockable L2 on defence.
    His damage is poor, his regen is almost non existent, and the power gain is just so, so slow.

I have 1 use for mine, and that's for mordos synergy during arena, and even then I'd rather use anything but DS
  • Options
    ChiranjeeviChiranjeevi Posts: 32
    people are happy about hyperion and you want him nerf really???
    thats a bad idea mate
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    there is no reason to nerf HYP learn to bait specials, use bleed champs
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Very low attack
    Very low health
    Iffy Armor Up Phase
    Very Low Fury Phase
    Iffy Regen Phase
    Decent Counterspell

The best thing Strange has is decent. His Regen and Armor Up are somewhat good, but the sucks other than that. And you could easily make the case that his Armor Up/Regen simply makes up for his bad health. So now you can make the case that he's an unduped Scarlet Witch with an alternate version of Nullify, and also lower health. Does that sound like a good Champ? Not to me.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people just can't adjust to certain characters. Just because you struggle against them, doesn't mean they need nerfed. There are plenty of counters to Hyperion, including the Doc. I agree that Doc should be restored to his former glory, especially since they're never going to release him as a 5*. Nullify Hyperions powergain, power drain him, power lock him. Learn to play.