**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SCRAP WORTHLESS CHAMPS!?

KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Everyone knows champs like Colossus, Gamora, Iron Fist, and a few others are absolute garbage. And while they serve as easy fights in quests, everyone dreads pulling them. Simple Solution! SCRAP THEM!

Remove them from crystals and delete them from every summoners profiles, but leave them as fights in quests. I used to be someone who advocated for these champs to be reworked, but since Kabam is too busy focusing on their top spenders by releasing new champs and that new Ultron Assault difficulty that panders to the top spenders and players, I have grown tired of asking for simple and easy fixes for the worst champs of contest. So maybe its time to get rid of them...permanently

SCRAP WORTHLESS CHAMPS!? 121 votes

Yes, scrap them from both profiles AND quest fights
10%
StefanjonesTrimboballinashesKenshioDoonxtufan_1974BulmktCharlie_ScenejilanibuxTheReverendsd__whiteXeon_SRT21GamePlayWorldjr 13 votes
Scrap them from profiles, but leave them as easy fights in quests
12%
MavRCK_Jing_Yik2017FabiusBRAkhilxcxShaheerFIazAanthospktobalaAleorKRONOSDOUBLESilentKisspigupompomNormax_Xsickboy9Kevin0998Prasanna 15 votes
Leave it alone
76%
Vdh2008SnakeEyes69LeNoirFaineantSwe_wolfisdapps2goTimone147D_S_xNigAddyosHort4Thatsausagebelli300TheManMythLegendBigDWSUNikoBravoDrownedGodDelta_14SpeedbumpCoolGuy_McFlySundance_2099 93 votes

Comments

• KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    No buff them instead

@Fhfjghhggggjfhfjg I would love for them to be buffed, but we have been asking for these champs specific champs to buffed for over a year, maybe even for 2 years, and Kabam purposely ignores it because it wont generate revenue. We should have gotten a rework for iron fist when he got his own tv show on Netflix, but Kabam remained silent. I don't think we even got an event quest for iron fist (I could be wrong). They are not going to buff them, no matter how many times we ask for it
    @DrownedGod so of the 138 playable characters currently in the game, scraping 3-5 of them would drastically affect your arena grinding? The math doesn't seem to add up there...
    @Savio444 they only buffed carnage and venom because there was a movie released for them. Iron fist received his own Tv show and still didn't get a buff. There were way worse champs than the previous versions of venom and carnage and yet those 2 got buffed before the others. Colossus was featured in Deadpool 1 and 2 and he still hasn't gotten a buff. They clearly don't care enough to buff them, so they need to be removed
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    Leave it alone
    @DrownedGod so of the 138 playable characters currently in the game, scraping 3-5 of them would drastically affect your arena grinding? The math doesn't seem to add up there...

Counting the 2, 3, 4 and 5 star iterations of each? That could be 10% of my roster and a good chunk of my rating overall.

Your list of worthless champs could differ from others too, so where's the cut off?
  • D_S_D_S_ Posts: 159
    Leave it alone
    Lol there's some champs some people think are useless like spidergwen but I really like spidergwen and it would piss me off
    DrownedGod wrote: »

Counting the 2, 3, 4 and 5 star iterations of each? That could be 10% of my roster and a good chunk of my rating overall.

Your list of worthless champs could differ from others too, so where's the cut off?

@DrownedGod Gamora has 1 version, Iron fist has 2 versions ( i doubt you have a 4* Immortal IF though), Colossus has 1 version (unless you count Unstoppable Colossus as a version), and then all the star ratings of each... yea it would drop your rating (and my own) by a good chunk. I think there should be compensation for the champ removal as well, such as for every 2 champs removed of a certain star, you get 1 star- relating crystal. For example, they remove my 4* gamora and colossus, I would get one 4* crystal as compensation
    @D_S_ Spidergwen is ALOT more useful than colossus or iron fist. I don't want every champ that someone says is useless to be removed, just the ones that everyone can agree suck beyond belief because kabam refuses to buff them
    Leave it alone
    @KRONOSDOUBLE Iron fist isn't overly bad his armor break isn't half bad it would still piss me off
    @D_S_ by that same logic you could say colossus also has usefulness just because his armor stacks can reduce a lot of incoming damage. But that just isn't reality
    Leave it alone
    @KRONOSDOUBLE I sometimes use him on AW defence on my 2nd account with my magik he's not overly bad either
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    Leave it alone
    DrownedGod wrote: »

@DrownedGod Gamora has 1 version, Iron fist has 2 versions ( i doubt you have a 4* Immortal IF though), Colossus has 1 version (unless you count Unstoppable Colossus as a version), and then all the star ratings of each... yea it would drop your rating (and my own) by a good chunk. I think there should be compensation for the champ removal as well, such as for every 2 champs removed of a certain star, you get 1 star- relating crystal. For example, they remove my 4* gamora and colossus, I would get one 4* crystal as compensation

You can already do exactly that. Sell the champs then. It's your choice as to who would be worthless, right?
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Leave it alone
    @Savio444 they only buffed carnage and venom because there was a movie released for them. Iron fist received his own Tv show and still didn't get a buff. There were way worse champs than the previous versions of venom and carnage and yet those 2 got buffed before the others. Colossus was featured in Deadpool 1 and 2 and he still hasn't gotten a buff. They clearly don't care enough to buff them, so they need to be removed

Was there a movie for red hulk and Luke cage? No but they buffed them anyway. Seriously though I doubt kabam would remove whole champions when a load of players may have multiple * version. They’ll be buffed eventually.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Leave it alone
    Who decides who is "useless"? Player base? Kabam? There will be people that will be upset about choices made by either group. Also, sometimes those "useless" champs end up having some utility later on.
    @will-o-wisp how is it selfish? it would benefit the game as whole. Less clutter means the game will run smoother, which benefits everyone. If you don't like my post and don't want to vote on it, then go somewhere else and stay off this thread
    @Hammerbro_64 I'm not saying remove all bad champs, just the ones no one uses and collect dust. Maybe you should send that picture to kabam and the top spenders
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Leave it alone
    This is a waste of a post if we were to remove those champs that would be a big part of the game lost then everyone would be running around with god tiers let’s all admit it this is a game of luck you get bad pulls or you get good ones that’s the end of the story and if you don’t like the luck part then you shouldn’t be playing the game
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Leave it alone
    As much as we would like it, kabam is a company and removing unusable champs doesn’t boost sales in their eyes. Plus a lot of unusable champs are classic comic book champs. You can’t have a Marvel game that has Sentry/Void (obscure characters) and not OG iron man...
    as i previously said, there should be compensation for champs who are removed, but if kabam wont buff them even a little, then they should be removed. The game will run smoother without the extra clutter in the servers. I don't see the big deal, why wouldn't you want terrible champs removed in exchange for a decent reimbursement (and not the bad rewards you get for selling champs now)
  • TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    Leave it alone
    Simply put, I put leave them alone. Reworking them or scrapping them will just take time away from fixing bugs...which any veteran player knows, they aren't that great at fixing to begin with...
    Leave it alone
    OneManArmy wrote: »

Who is to say who goes? Just let it go. You wont find a single champ in this game someone doesnt like

Seems like the OP thinks he should he the one to decide which champs get scrapped.

I may not use all my champs in all aspects, but most get used in arena. And sometimes I like to work from the low-PI champs when doing arena because they do get used less.
    @Sabrefencer @OneManArmy i think that the few champs I posted as useless would be enough of a change. And it wont affect arena score that much because everyone else would also not have that champ who is removed, which means your individual arena scores will drop in proportion to everyone elses. While it is extreme, it is a balanced approach, much like Thanos in the MCU (;
    Leave it alone
    @Sabrefencer @OneManArmy i think that the few champs I posted as useless would be enough of a change. And it wont affect arena score that much because everyone else would also not have that champ who is removed, which means your individual arena scores will drop in proportion to everyone elses. While it is extreme, it is a balanced approach, much like Thanos in the MCU (;

Sometimes I bring my Iron Fist to AQ for the Sentinals. To me he's not useless. Gamorra's damage output can be brutal if Assassination pops.

All I'm saying is that champs you deem as "useless" are not so useless to others. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others don't find some good in them.

Sometimes I bring my Iron Fist to AQ for the Sentinals. To me he's not useless. Gamorra's damage output can be brutal if Assassination pops.

All I'm saying is that champs you deem as "useless" are not so useless to others. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others don't find some good in them.

Yea, Gamora gets one assassination blow and Iron Fists armor break is somewhat useful if you have a very limited roster of champions. But the reality remains that the champs I listed off are in fact some of the most useless in the game, and Kabam refuses to buff them even just a little bit. Juggernaut used to be God-Tier, and he recently received a small buff that made him useful again in AWD, where as a lot of champs who actually need a small buff never get one. If they would rework those champs i listed and a few others, then I would be perfectly fine with that. Unfortunately, it wont happen because it isn't profitable for kabam, so they wont.