**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is the problem with pure skill mastery?

I read that mastery is bugged, i read it and seems a very good mastery.

Comments

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Fighter092 wrote: »

From what I remember it's only worth 3 Ranks, 4th Rank really only effects Hulkbuster, and Rank 5 has practically no effect because you can't ignore more Armor than the enemy has... As for bugs I don't remember any, it definitely need to be redone though.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    It used to be a great mastery, now it sucks not worth any mastery points
  • Options
    Fighter092 wrote: »

The details are complicated and mathy. The short version is that critical hits ignore some armor intrinsically as a base game mechanic. Prior to version 12.0 it was possible to have huge levels of armor in the game, so bypassing even more armor was meaningful. After 12.0 the flat stat system reduced the maximum amount of armor you were likely to see and that combined with some other (somewhat obscure and hidden) mechanics changes meant that ignoring a lot of armor could have little to no benefit. The first two or three tiers of Pure Skill have some benefit in the current game (usually) but the last two have almost no benefit even though they are extremely expensive, and it is almost impossible for any normal player to figure this out.

This isn't a "bug" so much as it is an unintended consequence of the wholesale mechanics changes that occurred in version 12.0. An analogous oddity happened to Parry which forced the devs to change how Parry worked, but they've been unable to find a suitable solution (that they are happy with) for Pure Skill.

TL;DR: Pure Skill helps critical hits ignore armor, but most things don't have enough armor to ignore to make Pure Skill's highest tiers worth anything. And that isn't straight forward to address, because there's nothing really "broken." Pure Skill just sells you more than you could ever need at the top two tiers.
  • Options
    Fighter092Fighter092 Posts: 128
    Thank you guys
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Pure skill does not work at all. They reimbursed us for mystic dispersion which actually still works. Last January they were closing down threads about pure skill saying they were redundant and were getting to it.

They should just refund whatever was spent and lock it so it can't be opened until it's fixed. There is literally no point in putting any points in it. It doesn't do a single thing to help you. It used to make BW awesome when BW was good.

I disagree in the prior post. It has no benefit that matters even at 1 or 2. I used to have videos showing how little it did at every level. Pure comedy.