**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabams Hypocricy on GoldPool

When Deadpool 2 was released in theatres, we had a special event. In this special event, we were that this would be the ONLY TIME you could obtain an Ultra-rare Goldpool.

Now, Kabam has brought him back, which means that they have yet again gone back on their word. It is ridiculous that the "rare" champion a select few of us received has now been made available once again to the public, and all they have to do is buy a "Pool's Gold Crystal" and pray they get lucky.

If they are going to de-value what was supposed to be a one time champion offer for summoners, then they need to add ways to obtain Thanos, the rarest champ in the game. This is the only logical way I can see balance and fairness to be restored. Prove to us that you can compromise Kabam

Comments

• KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    @xxKyojinxx where is that information posted at?
    @Shrimkins I am fully aware of what it means. And I believe it is relevant.
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    lol i also thought he would be that one rare trophy champ that would never come back.
    i remember them saying "only way to get him" and "gone forever" after that lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    When Deadpool 2 was released in theatres, we had a special event. In this special event, we were that this would be the ONLY TIME you could obtain an Ultra-rare Goldpool.

Now, Kabam has brought him back, which means that they have yet again gone back on their word. It is ridiculous that the "rare" champion a select few of us received has now been made available once again to the public, and all they have to do is buy a "Pool's Gold Crystal" and pray they get lucky.

If they are going to de-value what was supposed to be a one time champion offer for summoners, then they need to add ways to obtain Thanos, the rarest champ in the game. This is the only logical way I can see balance and fairness to be restored. Prove to us that you can compromise Kabam

How does bringing him back DE-value him? They have made Thanos more available with added content, Kang is more available. Goldpool is a trophy champ and more people owning him doesnt de-value him as you cant sell him on a market to make money. In reality, no one should care. Its their game and they can do what they want.

If you look at the notifications for arena, the 2nd run always says "last chance to win "x champion"" but you have many, many ways to get them still.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Going back on your word is not hypocrisy unless they have previously stated they never go back on their word
    @Sungj pretty sure that they said he was a one-time available champion.

@Demonzfyre I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that they have made thanos more available with new content. They have made Kang available in the past during limited time events, which is why I didn't mention him. And I am pretty sure that they said they were not going to offer Goldpool again in the game, which is why I am upset, because he was actually badass to have and to be able say "I am one of the few". Now, he is back, and those numbers of people who have him will also go up, which means he is less valuable overall.
  • 1Marve1 wrote: »
    lol i also thought he would be that one rare trophy champ that would never come back.
    i remember them saying "only way to get him" and "gone forever" after that lol

Here is the original announcement thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72779/deadpool-is-breaking-the-bank/p1

I don't think anyone could have said "only way to get him" as there were originally two ways to get him: placing top 200 in one of the Goldpool arenas or as a lucky drop from tickets. And in fact, due to server issues, they reran the Goldpool arena a third time.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    No one said it would be the only time he would be available. Anything even remotely close would be that it was said they didn't know if he would return or not. Which means they didn't yet have plans. They decided to bring him back. Personally, I'm ecstatic.
    Nor do I believe for a second that people wouldn't have tried as hard as they did the first time had they known he would return. People tried for him because they wanted him. That isn't changed by availability. As for devaluing him, not likely. He's not that available. More of a trophy Champ with some decent utility. The only thing I see that devaluing is people wanting to be the only ones that have him.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Lol nvm. Too late to the party...
  • Sungj wrote: »

Going back on your word is not hypocrisy unless they have previously stated they never go back on their word

Hypocrisy is essentially when one doesn't practice what one preaches. Lying isn't hypocrisy (although I don't think that's important in this context) and saying I never lie and then lying is also technically not hypocrisy, it is just more lying. Hypocrisy would be if I were to say I hate liars and then lie about something else. It is when someone claims to value rules or standards for everyone else and then doesn't personally follow them.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    No one said it would be the only time he would be available. Anything even remotely close would be that it was said they didn't know if he would return or not. Which means they didn't yet have plans. They decided to bring him back. Personally, I'm ecstatic.
    Nor do I believe for a second that people wouldn't have tried as hard as they did the first time had they known he would return. People tried for him because they wanted him. That isn't changed by availability. As for devaluing him, not likely. He's not that available. More of a trophy Champ with some decent utility. The only thing I see that devaluing is people wanting to be the only ones that have him.

I'm not sure if they said anything like that, but if they did, they shouldn't being him back. I am f2p, but can relate to people who were convinced it was their only chance to get him, and so spent money on units to have couple extra shots to get him instead of grinding arena for months until he returns.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »

Hypocrisy is essentially when one doesn't practice what one preaches. Lying isn't hypocrisy (although I don't think that's important in this context) and saying I never lie and then lying is also technically not hypocrisy, it is just more lying. Hypocrisy would be if I were to say I hate liars and then lie about something else. It is when someone claims to value rules or standards for everyone else and then doesn't personally follow them.

I would go 1 step further and say it's not just saying "I hate liars" and then lying = hypocrisy. That would be just making a mistake (everyone makes mistakes).

Hypocrisy is pretending to have a standard or value and not actually having any.

I can say I value honesty, but if I constantly lie and have no remorse/conviction to change, that is hypocrisy.

So back to the OPs post, this has nothing to do with hypocrisy.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    @Sungj pretty sure that they said he was a one-time available champion.

@Demonzfyre I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that they have made thanos more available with new content. They have made Kang available in the past during limited time events, which is why I didn't mention him. And I am pretty sure that they said they were not going to offer Goldpool again in the game, which is why I am upset, because he was actually badass to have and to be able say "I am one of the few". Now, he is back, and those numbers of people who have him will also go up, which means he is less valuable overall.

@KRONOSDOUBLE They never said he wouldn't ever be available again. I still don't know where you got that from. He was just only available during that time.

Thanos was only available for the first 100 to complete LoL 100% and then when act 5 came out, they awarded him for the first 100 to 100% Act 5 the quickest. So does that "de-value" Thanos? Of course not. The champs aren't worth anything other than to yourself. I have Goldpool and I could care less if anyone gets him. I still have him.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Not gonna lie but that's kinda selfish dude, your saying people who missed out the first time don't deserve a second chance because it would devalue him even though he has a like a .1% chance
  • BendersBountyBendersBounty Posts: 160

I agree. He is going to loose so much value now
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    with the 0.1% chance to pull him I'm sure the impact will be limited :D
    @Kabam Vydious thank you for the clarification. Just pretty upset because I was under the impression he was going to a one time offer, I may have been mistaken.
    Feel free to close this thread as well, seeing as how you answered my question
This discussion has been closed.