**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mystic Despersion

I know that Mystic Despersion is a great mastery and very useful to many of the community. However as it stands it is more advantageous for defenders especially in Alliance wars. I shouldn't have to change my masteries to get rid of dexterity to handle defenders with max MD. Fighting opponents with Max MD is just advantageous to defenders only. If dexterity would not register as a buff this war experience would be better for all parties involved. Just a thought

Comments

• Options
    Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    Agreed.

Furthermore, the AI that controls your opponents (no matter the difficult of the AI) has an in-built or rather modified 'dexterity'/evade mechanic (NOT a mastery) that allows them to evade your attack without gaining a crit buff and thus doesn't trigger your MD if you are using a mystic champion (with the MD mastery, duh).

• Options
    Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Titan_A97 wrote: »
    Agreed.

Furthermore, the AI that controls your opponents (no matter the difficult of the AI) has an in-built or rather modified 'dexterity'/evade mechanic (NOT a mastery) that allows them to evade your attack without gaining a crit buff and thus doesn't trigger your MD if you are using a mystic champion (with the MD mastery, duh).

That AI evade thing you said is just wrong. if you evade too soon, you can avoid triggering dexterity, which only apply when you would instead get hit. If you'd evade even without dexterity, that doesn't trigger.

Without dexterity, everytime you would trigger it, you'd instead get hit in the face.
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    MD fights require you to change your fighting style so that you don't trigger it. Higher alliances and boss killers who are so used to seeing it every war don't even care about it anymore. Tweak your fighting style to match that type of play and you will rarely ever trigger it again.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Oh look, another MD thread... It's been a while I guess. It's due.
  • Options
    cccar1420cccar1420 Posts: 57
    Why does everyone come on here and cry about MD instead of learning how to play around it it's not as bad as you think with practice you'll get better at fighting maxed MD opponents
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    MD fights require you to change your fighting style so that you don't trigger it. Higher alliances and boss killers who are so used to seeing it every war don't even care about it anymore. Tweak your fighting style to match that type of play and you will rarely ever trigger it again.

What are some specific gameplay tips on adjusting? I guess like Fel said? Just evade earlier (so not to trigger dexterity)?

I know that power managing champs would be greatly helpful, but I'd be interested to learn more gameplay tips.
  • Options
    cccar1420 wrote: »
    Why does everyone come on here and cry about MD instead of learning how to play around it it's not as bad as you think with practice you'll get better at fighting maxed MD opponents
    Please enlighten me. It's easy to bash ppl but it's easier to spread knowledge and teach. No reason for the negativity
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    For MD not on stun immune focus on landing all your parries. Parry on a charge is the most affective way in my experience. Keep distance between you and the opponent. Misses will result in evade though a lot.

Also practice intercepting techniques as well and getting them against a wall.

I also find it useful to only do 4 hit combos unless leading into a special and backing away right after the combo and going for another parry.

These will help to avoid evading to much but for ranged specials you will still have to evade.

Also if someone has MD don't go and fill up there power bar a lot. After 1 bar focus on trying to get the special out without evading more than needed. This will require some attacks but i keep these to small combo(1-3 hit) to keep them from backing me up into a wall.

Lastly add a power control champ to your team. I keep 1 or 2 with me at all times. Also champs without high buff proc.

Hope this helps.