**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champions Levels/Ranks limits

Hi guys,

I'm sure these two questions are silly and very basic, however, I did try to find it before coming here and nothing. I'm sure I don't know how to search it in the first place and that's why I can't find it anyway. Anyway,
  1. Is there a limit/cap on the levels/ranks of a champion?
  2. Can you upgrade a 4star until a 5star level or it is what it is? Just wondering what's the use of wasting ISO in 2/3 starts for example from the moment you have a 4start in your team.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Hi guys,

I'm sure these two questions are silly and very basic, however, I did try to find it before coming here and nothing. I'm sure I don't know how to search it in the first place and that's why I can't find it anyway. Anyway,
    1. Is there a limit/cap on the levels/ranks of a champion?
    2. Can you upgrade a 4star until a 5star level or it is what it is? Just wondering what's the use of wasting ISO in 2/3 starts for example from the moment you have a 4start in your team.

Thanks

2. It depends on the champion like if you have only a weak 4*, let's say Khamala and a strong 3* for example Hyperion, then it will be better to invest in Hyperion or to wait until you get a 4* that is at least in the middle in terms of power(Drax, Hela, Og Tor, etc.).
    Also you can't upgrade Champions to higher stars than they have
  • Options
    Yes each star has a limit.

4 stars go as far as rank 5 level 50
    5 stars go as far as rank 5 level 65
    6 stars can go to rank 5 level 65 (they are capped right now at rank 2 level 35 due to resources not available yet)

Now to put it in perspective a 5 star rank 3 level 45 is a little stronger than a 4 star rank 5 level 50.

A 6 star rank 1 level 25 is a little stronger than a 5 star rank 4 level 55.

A 6 star rank 2 level 35 is a little stronger than a 5 star rank 5 level 65

By stronger I mean they had a tad bit more health and more attack power.

Hopefully that answered your question.

If I were not lazy and artistically challenged I would make a chart, but I whipped up this quick rank table in Excel:

7hidacs409ba.png

This shows the maximum rank for each star rating and what challenge rating each rank up corresponds to. Champions of equal challenge rating have *roughly* similar stats for the same champion, i.e. a 4* 4/40 has very roughly similar stats to the 5* 2/35 version of that same champion. In general, the higher star version tends to have slightly higher stats at the same challenge rating, i.e. the 2/35 will have slightly higher stats than the 4/40. 6* champs will probably eventually be able to rank up to rank 5, but at the moment the rank up materials necessary to do that don't currently exist in the game.
  • Options
    Ha, this is awesome!!! Thanks @DNA3000 @KillerRino19 @Panchulon21 for all the detail and context, all makes perfect sense! And loved the sheet! No needs for art here, that does the job perfectly :#

I have to be honest tho, after learning this I'm a bit turned off by the gameplay now. Maybe what I need is for you 'old school' guys to throw me a bit of motivation here to help me see the path.

For some context, I've been playing for about 3w now. What was supposed to be a time killer for my London commute became kind of an addiction, mostly because I used to love the x-men when younger and this sort of brought that dormant nostalgia thing about it. For the past 3w I've been opening wikipedia all time, watching movies and tvshows on the topic, got to learn a lot about the Marvel universe as I had no idea of its complexity. :hands-down: to MCOC it.

On the game, just went with the flow, playing quests, building my way up to Lvl 25 to unlock the larger team, understanding the gameplay, etc etc. However, I crossed that line of “just pleasure”, and wanted to try the alliances that everyone raves about online etc and go to the other level so started the investigating part when I get involved with games... nerd first, skills later - hence this initial question regarding the "stars" and levels.

With that in mind, I'm a bit disappointed with the gameplay and/or I'm not understanding the purpose of this pahse and need some reason to see it trough.

I can’t commit THAT much time and in my mind, I was doing the best to create this small, varied skilled team of champs with what the game has been offering me so far. Hell, I got so excited with my first 4stars Drax that spent a day playing the event that gives cosmic catalysts so that I could rank it up. Being that said, it’s kind of demotivating to know that all this initial 1/2/3/4 star phase (and I'm assuming soon the 5stars as well once the 6star champs start to be "the new 5") is just a waste of my time.

Makes me wonder if all this is even worth it. The time and commitment to 3/4 star champs that will be useless in a couple months. I was wrong with the impression that, even if it took forever, I'd be able to take my 4star and build him up and up and up, even if this would be the longest road. Turns out, it's kind of useless.

So all in all, I'm a bit turned off. Is it even worth exploring the Alliances gameplay at this stage? What's left for me? Unlocking quests and improve a couple champs just to get me through them etc and hope for a 5 star to actually start the real game? I don't know... just feels very random and I'm a numbers strategic guy which I think it was what this game attracted me in the first place. I'm sort of without a purpose and without knowing where to go from here besides doing quests.

Any thoughts on this? Apologies for the frustrations vomit in this huge post, but I reckon that the few of you that where kind enough to answer such a newbie question about "stars" maybe have some exciting opinions to share that will get me back to the game.

Cheers, and again - thanks! :wink:
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    To answer another part of your question, a 3* stays a 3*, 4* stays a 4* etc. You can't bring a 3* to a 4*, you can only collect different star versions of the same champion.
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Ha, this is awesome!!! Thanks @DNA3000 @KillerRino19 @Panchulon21 for all the detail and context, all makes perfect sense! And loved the sheet! No needs for art here, that does the job perfectly :#

I have to be honest tho, after learning this I'm a bit turned off by the gameplay now. Maybe what I need is for you 'old school' guys to throw me a bit of motivation here to help me see the path.

For some context, I've been playing for about 3w now. What was supposed to be a time killer for my London commute became kind of an addiction, mostly because I used to love the x-men when younger and this sort of brought that dormant nostalgia thing about it. For the past 3w I've been opening wikipedia all time, watching movies and tvshows on the topic, got to learn a lot about the Marvel universe as I had no idea of its complexity. :hands-down: to MCOC it.

On the game, just went with the flow, playing quests, building my way up to Lvl 25 to unlock the larger team, understanding the gameplay, etc etc. However, I crossed that line of “just pleasure”, and wanted to try the alliances that everyone raves about online etc and go to the other level so started the investigating part when I get involved with games... nerd first, skills later - hence this initial question regarding the "stars" and levels.

With that in mind, I'm a bit disappointed with the gameplay and/or I'm not understanding the purpose of this pahse and need some reason to see it trough.

I can’t commit THAT much time and in my mind, I was doing the best to create this small, varied skilled team of champs with what the game has been offering me so far. Hell, I got so excited with my first 4stars Drax that spent a day playing the event that gives cosmic catalysts so that I could rank it up. Being that said, it’s kind of demotivating to know that all this initial 1/2/3/4 star phase (and I'm assuming soon the 5stars as well once the 6star champs start to be "the new 5") is just a waste of my time.

Makes me wonder if all this is even worth it. The time and commitment to 3/4 star champs that will be useless in a couple months. I was wrong with the impression that, even if it took forever, I'd be able to take my 4star and build him up and up and up, even if this would be the longest road. Turns out, it's kind of useless.

So all in all, I'm a bit turned off. Is it even worth exploring the Alliances gameplay at this stage? What's left for me? Unlocking quests and improve a couple champs just to get me through them etc and hope for a 5 star to actually start the real game? I don't know... just feels very random and I'm a numbers strategic guy which I think it was what this game attracted me in the first place. I'm sort of without a purpose and without knowing where to go from here besides doing quests.

Any thoughts on this? Apologies for the frustrations vomit in this huge post, but I reckon that the few of you that where kind enough to answer such a newbie question about "stars" maybe have some exciting opinions to share that will get me back to the game.

Cheers, and again - thanks! :wink:

While some champions may seem useless there is a place for every one of them like some very good 4* can still beat parts of act 5 or uncollected eq, also in the last few months there was an event where you could play with only 2 and 3*. And even when you don't use them 2* and 3* help you beacuse you get shards for the next star when you dupe a champion and when they are maxed you get double the ammount of shards and from that you get faster an 4* or 3* crystal. So even if they seem useless don't sell them.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Keep playing. You’re a beginning player so the 2-3-4 star champs will be useful to you. As one said there is a place for each champ you get. Your 4 star drax will get you to uncollected and even to 5.3 cosmic quest. Once you start scooping other champs they will serve a purpose also. Games are all about progression and walking down memory lane on the champs you used to use.

My 4 star black widow did a lot of work for me. She sits now collecting dust but without her I wouldn’t be where I am today. Same goes for my 4 star capt WWII, 4 star vision and 4 star captain marvel.

They all have their place in the game and it will help you
  • Options
    @Panchulon21 you are 100% right - was rushing myself here. I guess the learning curve is mandatory of the whole gaming experience (or anything in life for all that matters) and one should go through this process ;) .

I probably jumped to advanced topics of this forums too soon and got excited to get involved asap with things that "I'm not there just yet". Loads to fail and learn before that - never thought the game was so complex when first started (yes... I sold all my champs before starting to read anything!!!!! There should be a NOT TO DO alert on that for beginners o :) ).
    Anyway, I changed my mindset and continued playing around. Also, we newbs have a great advantage of having people with a few years of knowledge ahead (AKA you) to tell us the do's and dont's! So yeah ... using you guys as guinea pigs does work!

I investigated a bit more and now been playing more strategically with a purpose in mind, and guess what, having quite the fun! I've been completing the events quests when available, getting to know some champs, learning how to use the masteries, practicing my M-L-L-L-M's etc etc. I'm also in love with my 4 :star: Drax!

I feel like I've been injected with so much information in such a short time and the game was the catalyst - priceless! I've been binging Marvel's tvshows and movies and it makes a huge difference watching these with some mcoc knowledge behind (if this makes any sense) :D

Anyway, thanks guys for taking some precious time to answer rookies and watch the space! Maybe I'll be a worthy opponent to fear in like...5 years? :D

Cheers!
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Glad to hear that man. Good luck with your adventures!