**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variant 1.1 - hyperion feels like a road block

ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
I’ve completed an initial run of the variant difficulty. I found it challenging and fun. Frustrating at times, yes. I was lucky enough to have a diverse team for the first pas.

Now I’ve tried to go back and start knocking out paths. This hyperion in 1.1 on the left is pretty tough. I have no duped GP, no iceman, my psylocke doesn’t stop his power gain, magneto is just laughable as a champion period. This guy is intercepting me consistently and making me l3s. It almost feels like a kabam employee is playing him on the other side and having a good laugh (I know this is completely not true or even a possibility)

So, anyone have advice other than “git gud” or “bait more”. I understand the baiting Aspect and necessity of it in this game, but this is a little much. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Comments

• JmurphJmurph Posts: 118
    Dupe GP lol. In all seriousness I was in the exact same boat until using willpower and GP. She made him a breeze. My GP was 4/40*. Good luck though man!
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    It's called 40 unit level 2 revives.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Lol mine is r3 and not duped. So she’s not an option and it’s so maddening!!!!! I love her.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Hawkeye could be an option
    Yeah I’m missing Hawkeye.
    How about rogue?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I had to just bait his specials... He's relatively close to the start, so you can leave if you don't beat him and try again. Just keep going until you one shot him or at least get close to it.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    Iceman, Winter Soldier. Lots of options.
    Killmonger with his indestructible charges
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    TwmR wrote: »

@ManChild didn't mention this, but that node has power lock 1, so Rogue and Killmonger aren't really viable in the way you're thinking.
    TwmR wrote: »

@ManChild didn't mention this, but that node has power lock 1, so Rogue and Killmonger aren't really viable in the way you're thinking.

Oh yeah I did know that just forgot I even used that to my advantage using gwenpool with willpower
    I know rogue and km aren’t options

@Raganator I literally said I didn’t have those champs in the original post, but thank you for your sugestions
    I’m also not being sassy to you guys lol. Thanks for everyone that’s in here offering advice.
    ManChild wrote: »
    I know rogue and km aren’t options

@Raganator I literally said I didn’t have those champs in the original post, but thank you for your sugestions

Take it easy, he's just trying to help. And to be fair, you said nothing about Winter Soldier in your original post.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Also... Magneto may be laughable, but he can get it done.

Wait...why am I continuing the pursuit of trying to be helpful here again?
    @Mirage_Turtle I said I wasn’t trying to be sassy immediately after posting. I realized it was rude.

@Raganator mine is r3 and the damage wasn’t there. I wasn’t focusing that much. I’m gonna go back with him later. Once again, I apologize to you. No tone of voice over text....
    o8s0ix7w3o1r.jpeg
    @Raganator I just forgot to tag you in the next one
    edited December 2018
    @ManChild

It seems to me like you've got 2 options:

A: Put off the quest until your roster develops a bit more. If you're looking to solo Hyperion and baiting isn't working, you'll need one of the champs mentioned above (Iceman, GP, WS, etc.).

B: Bite the bullet and use a few revives to get the job done now.

I know you said you don't want to hear "bait more", so I won't say it, but keep in mind what someone said earlier: Hyperion is right at the beginning of the quest. If you have a bad run, start over. You can get a lot of restarts using the energy from 1 30-unit energy refill. It's much cheaper than buying a revive.

Good luck!
    Yeah I’ve been baiting as much as possible. I think my patience is a big issue in this fight. Laying 2 hits on him is pushing his power high. I keep restarting with diff champions. @Mirage_Turtle I tend to say things like that to just deter the trolls ya know?
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    I used KM with bpcw synergy and WS synergy.

KM started with 3 indestructibles. Played him like stun immune (remember this you should not take a block hit - or else it will remove indestructible)

Baited specials and all - hyp got to his first sp3 2 indestructibles gone.

Again baited specials and all - he got to his second sp3 last indestructible gone

He was Down before he got to his 3rd sp3. Soloed him.

Also, you need WS synergy to get the true strike - if true strike and reverberation are active at the same time, KM gets attack rating bonus

My KM is duped 4/55
    @rahul3038 thanks for the tips but I don’t have km in any form.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    @ManChild bad luck mate. I just described the way I killed with KM.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I 100 percent chapter 1 of variant. Just one word:

Iceman
    If I hadn’t of tried to rage quit a while back, I’d still have my 4* iceman.

DONT EVER SELL CHAMPS IF YOU WANNA QUIT!!!!!! WORST IDEA EVER!!!!
    H
    ManChild wrote: »
    If I hadn’t of tried to rage quit a while back, I’d still have my 4* iceman.

DONT EVER SELL CHAMPS IF YOU WANNA QUIT!!!!!! WORST IDEA EVER!!!!

Look I will give u your options.

KM + BPCW
    Iceman
    Gwenpool: she never dies from sp3. Play her like stun immune node

WS and pray for power drain

Emma frost

Sabretooth + KM: sabre will reduce abilities with parry or bleeds

Black panther or Blade: bleed him out and revive as needed

Last option: credit card
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    So what are your best current options? Just Mags and Psylocke? If you have a strong KM, you can pair him with BPCW and start with 3 charges of Indestructible. Just can't parry or get hit, and rely on his power gain and baiting specials. That way, you get 3 chances to eat an L3.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    https://youtu.be/58uCmb5sKWc

I actually enjoyed that fight using Sabretooth. It took strategy to consistently bait Hyperion's specials. To see those fights watch the above video at 1:23 and 21:02.
    This is what I’m working with for the skill/mutant chapters. lah9uzlohfbo.png
    https://youtu.be/58uCmb5sKWc

I actually enjoyed that fight using Sabretooth. It took strategy to consistently bait Hyperion's specials. To see those fights watch the above video at 1:23 and 21:02.

Good advice I used this method for the whole chapter.

Variant is not cheap anyways 😂
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Good advice I used this method for the whole chapter.

Variant is not cheap anyways 😂

I used 4/55 Sabretooth, 3/45 Omega Red, 4/55 Crossbones, 5/50 Killmonger, and 3/45 Iceman for most runs in Chapter 1. I think I used 3/45 Rogue for 1 or a few fights too. Not counting energy I used 100 units on a team revive on 1.3's Force of Will path. Chapter 2 ups the difficulty and Chapter 3 redefines the concept of difficult.