**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Account Sharing....

What you guys think about the account "sharing" and what they actuall mean by it? Soon Kabam is not going to let us send our alliance revive and health cause it would be "Cheating" because we are not wasting our money to buy units.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Account sharing was always against the ToS
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That is not the same at all. People who purchase a Gifting Badge are free to use it. Playing your Ally's Account is Account Sharing, and it has always been against the rules.
  • Options
    Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

It is against tos but I do not think kabam will do anything, now they will ban few free users and then nothing. They are doing this silly stuff periodically so nothing new.
  • Options
    Noob_2yrs wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

It is against tos but I do not think kabam will do anything, now they will ban few free users and then nothing. They are doing this silly stuff periodically so nothing new.

That mentality is foolish. People are breaking the rules and gambling that they won't be apprehended for it. Then when they are, they come to the Forum in shock. If someone is breaking the rules, thinking they won't do anything, they really don't have much room to complain when they do. Clearly it is not acceptable, as per the many people banned lately. Not worth the gamble at all, really. It's simple. It's against the rules. Play by the rules, and people are fine.
  • Options
    OK how will this work because I have two accounts and I have these two accounts for the longest and I use the same phone to login ? Need this to be answered
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    What you guys think about the account "sharing" and what they actuall mean by it? Soon Kabam is not going to let us send our alliance revive and health cause it would be "Cheating" because we are not wasting our money to buy units.

I was going to make a slippery slope joke, but instead I'm going to point out that gifting requires units.
  • Options
    OK how will this work because I have two accounts and I have these two accounts for the longest and I use the same phone to login ? Need this to be answered

Multiple Accounts are allowed. If they're yours, you have no worries.
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    There has to be a clear distinction between giving your account to other better skilled players to help complete difficult content hence saving the units you would probably have spend if you had played on your own and allowing your alliance mate to help you login for alliance questing purposes. The latter in my opinion should not be punished because most of us play in different time zones and hence we do need help from time to time to move our heroes in order not to hold up others. I am sure Kabam is well aware of this as well and would tolerate such instances.

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I was going to make a slippery slope joke, but instead I'm going to point out that gifting requires units.
    Isn't even worthy of a slippery slope, it is a non sequitur.
  • Options
    Wolfe wrote: »
    There has to be a clear distinction between giving your account to other better skilled players to help complete difficult content hence saving the units you would probably have spend if you had played on your own and allowing your alliance mate to help you login for alliance questing purposes. The latter in my opinion should not be punished because most of us play in different time zones and hence we do need help from time to time to move our heroes in order not to hold up others. I am sure Kabam is well aware of this as well and would tolerate such instances.

So you believe there is an acceptable form of breaking the rules. Not so. Account Sharing for any reason is against TOS. There is no light way to break the rules.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Wolfe wrote: »

Based on Kabam's official statements about account sharing, I wouldn't count on it. For one thing, when you say "move our heroes in order not to hold up others" the only way to "hold up" someone is if their path has a buffing node. Which means when you say "move" you mean "fight their fights for them."

For another thing, I believe they've explicitly stated that this sort of thing is a violation. Not all violations are caught, just like not all traffic violations are caught, and not all violations draw a ban, just like not all traffic violations are ticketed. But you should assume that if caught and if banned the excuse "but everyone else does it and I think you should tolerate it in this instance" will work about as well as it would for a traffic violation.