**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Killmonger True strike ignore Medusa's auto parry?

I know that KM's True strike ignores auto block like Modok's, but I wonder if it also ignores Medusa's auto-parry?

Comments

• Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Yes, paired with WS he gains true strike on intercepts. I can go an entire fight with true strike active. Shuts down all auto blocking and evading.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    True strike ignores auto-block ...
    If a block never happens, a parry will not happen either
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    If you have Domino or Yondu, a combo started with medium then light bypasses the mechanic and forces her to auto block but not be able to parry.
  • Options
    Hamin wrote: »
    If you have Domino or Yondu, a combo started with medium then light bypasses the mechanic and forces her to auto block but not be able to parry.

Technically, it isn't that this bypasses Medusa's mechanics. Medusa doesn't "auto parry." Medusa auto blocks. Those blocks are treated as well timed blocks for the purpose of Parry, but Parry itself can only trigger on melee attacks that make contact. Yondu's light attacks count as projectile attacks and thus cannot ordinarily trigger Parry. So just like most projectile attacks, Medusa can auto block Yondu's yaka arrow light attacks but she won't trigger Parry on them. You can do this with any projectile attack, including specials: land one attack then immediately use a projectile attack which Medusa will autoblock, removing all her fury buffs in the process.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Technically, it isn't that this bypasses Medusa's mechanics. Medusa doesn't "auto parry." Medusa auto blocks. Those blocks are treated as well timed blocks for the purpose of Parry, but Parry itself can only trigger on melee attacks that make contact. Yondu's light attacks count as projectile attacks and thus cannot ordinarily trigger Parry. So just like most projectile attacks, Medusa can auto block Yondu's yaka arrow light attacks but she won't trigger Parry on them. You can do this with any projectile attack, including specials: land one attack then immediately use a projectile attack which Medusa will autoblock, removing all her fury buffs in the process.

That's why I said bypass the "mechanic".
  • Options

Okay. What mechanic specifically does Yondu "bypass." Because as far as I can tell, he obeys every single game mechanic properly including Medusa's abilities, blocking, and the Parry mastery. Yondu's attacks do exactly what I would expect them to do if all mechanics were not bypassed.
  • Options

Okay. What mechanic specifically does Yondu "bypass." Because as far as I can tell, he obeys every single game mechanic properly including Medusa's abilities, blocking, and the Parry mastery. Yondu's attacks do exactly what I would expect them to do if all mechanics were not bypassed.

The mechanic of a parry stun.

Like you said... it's a projectile, which can't be parried. This bypasses the mechanic of a parry stun.