**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Great Catalyst Drought of 2018-2019

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
Seatin made a video on this recently, it has become very hard to grind for T3BCs and T3CCs. I have around 50 4*s sitting at R1 that I want to take to R2 and R3 but I am unable to because it would take weeks to grind the daily quests for these catalysts, while also forcing me to stop progressing through the EQ and Act 4 exploration and act 5. Even if I were to grind for these catalysts, which I probably will, it would take weeks to even take up 3 champions to R2 then R3. If there is another, easier way to obtain T2BC, T2CCs, T3BCs, and T3CCs then let me know. Otherwise, I think we would all like to see a change to the way T3 Catalysts are obtained, especially for the people that don’t have time or energy OR willpower to stop progresssing and grind the daily quests. Here’s seatins video:

https://youtu.be/kQLFEIxO4hs

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    I have 60 t3 class cat crystals, and 2000+ t3 class fragment crystals.

I see no problems in this department.
  • Options

not everyone has those items
  • Options

How did you get so many? Main source of T3C income?
  • Options

not everyone has those items

I’m just giving my perspective on the topic. If other people have trouble with this resource then fine, but I have had a different experience.

• Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★

Seems to me you don't rank up your champs then. I dare you to rank 2 ALL your 5* and see how quickly they disappear.
  • Options
    BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    they reward a lot of this in solo events. That's where I built all of mine personally. Tier 2 is the only pain in the neck to me. But that's only one daily quest so it's not too bad.
  • Options
    MrBanks wrote: »

How did you get so many? Main source of T3C income?
    I did ALLOT of milestone grinding in arena. As well as always trying to to the daily event when I was not at 6/6. I have since then stopped doing both.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Here's a great suggestion someone commented on that video... jty7cucul8a1.png
    z9zarkl6fm0c.png
  • Options
    AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Overshooting solo events might help. problem is, that not everyone might have the time to do that. Also depends on how you manage your resources. This is not just a regular fighting game, you also need to foresee what resources you'll need in the future, like in a strategy game.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Seems to me you don't rank up your champs then. I dare you to rank 2 ALL your 5* and see how quickly they disappear.

My hero rating is almost 700k, doing just fine on rank ups ;)
  • Options
    Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    I have 2570 T3C fragment crystals and 41 T3C catalyst crystals.

Out of 62 5* champs, 6 are R1, the rest R2+
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    edited December 2018

Hold on let me pull a bigger one out!!!

My hero rating is over 900K, git gud, and git bedda guy!!!!...

As Seatin said they are slower to come by when you actually rank champions up, not impossible, but just slower!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Few things.
    As was mentioned, they're available through Solo Events, as well as the Daily.
    The Daily Quest is RNG-based. If you don't pull one after 100%, you can rerun it and they may drop from Chests.
    I like the approach @DNA3000 suggests, which is doing the Quests proactively. Most times, people try to pull them when they're out, and that becomes a chasing game. Running the Quests when you have time and Energy is a good way to stockpile.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you run AQ maps 2-3 you probably will have no trouble with T3s. But you can run both sides of the T3 daily for 3 weeks and still not get one T3 class cat lol. It's a little ridiculous.
  • Options
    Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Couldn’t agree more
  • Options

Hold on let me pull a bigger one out!!!

My hero rating is over 900K, git gud, and git bedda guy!!!!...

As Seatin said they are slower to come by when you actually rank champions up, not impossible, but just slower!

Alright, and how old is your account? I’m still an avenger on call.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    If you run AQ maps 2-3 you probably will have no trouble with T3s. But you can run both sides of the T3 daily for 3 weeks and still not get one T3 class cat lol. It's a little ridiculous.

You don't need to wait weeks in-between. You can run it again the same day and they drop randomly.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    775k player here. Recently got my Seasoned Summoner title. In possession of 91 t3cc crystals and 1670 t3cc fragment crystals. I frequently have many t3b and t3cc in overflow due to not having any more 4*s to rank up beyond r3 (personal choice), and t4b and t1a still being scarce enough as a commodity to rank up more 5*s to r2 and higher. Having said that I still have 25 5*s at r2 or higher out of 52 in all.

I got all those t3cc fragment crystals just from hitting milestones from the daily 7 and 22-hour events. If you are active enough, t3b and t3cc should never be in short supply. Really don't understand the genesis of Seatin's video on this aspect of the game.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Early on and prior to solo events I would spend energy on the daily quests to obtain t3, even running events multiple times hoping for a lucky chest drop. With the introduction of masters and uncollected EQs that is likely less valuable though so I can see where adding t3cc to EQ might be helpful but there are ways for players to earn those materials through effort.

After regularly targeting solo events and shooting for top 20% I have been able to rank with those materials at will then began to build up an excess of those materials; there have been times I open t3cc crystals just for summoner advancement and to egg on other alliance members trying to secure the #1 spot within the alliance in order to push up the score for the alliance. Currently sitting on +2.5k shards and +600 crystals.

Droughts tend to happen when you focus on acquiring specific items at the expense of others. Need to budget your time/energy/cash between champion acquisition and rank up materials acquisition. A lot of people won’t hesitate to spend their resources acquring crystals or completing quests for champions but will neglect catalysts which is an important part of the equation. Need to put aside a portion of what you are spending on champion acquisition to spend on catalyst acquisition; whether that be time or cash.
  • Options
    MrBanks wrote: »
    Thoughts?

I don't want to pick on Seatin specifically, as I don't have a problem with him in general, but if you're using his video to support your position, then I think he's fair game to use to illustrate broader ideas.

First, notice Seatin talks about his F2P WhaleMilker account. That's because it is almost certainly the case that his main account, the account he spends the bulk of his time playing, is probably overflowing with T3CC, as is most players accounts that are played for a significant amount of time and have progressed beyond a certain point. Seatin's F2P account is extremely atypical. Seatin is a veteran player with sufficient skills to push an account to very high progression levels very quickly without having to grind in any other area of the game. As a result, his F2P account has highly focused gameplay. It ends up being extremely unbalanced in resources with way more high level and high tier champions than 99% of players would expect to have at that level, along with vastly more high tier rank up materials that 99.99% of players would expect to have at that level. *Every* account runs out of something, because if you have plenty of everything you generally keep ranking up until you do run out of something. In Seatin's case, he ran out of T3CC, the *lowest* rank up material that is relevant to 5* champions.

Second, for all that Seatin complains about the likelihood of getting T3CC drops from the daily event, I doubt he even bothers to try in his F2P account. Why do I think that? Because Seatin mentioned the various ways to get T3CC, mentioned suggestions on how to make them more available, but didn't actually mention the Catalyst Selectors which you are guaranteed to get the option to buy if the T3CC event doesn't drop a T3CC with full exploration. Personally I think those things are overpriced monstrosities, but that's the point. I can't believe Seatin wouldn't have complained about them if they were actually showing up in his game, which they would be regularly if he was making an honest effort to attempt to grind out T3CC.

I'm not specifically against making T3CC slightly more available, but this game has to have resource constraints and T3CC is one of the weakest ones that exist. Which is to say, relative to the rate at which most players need them, they are one of the easiest resources to acquire. That doesn't mean that some players at some progression levels aren't experiencing a shortage of them, but again: if it isn't T3CC, it would be something else. For more players I think T4B is still a more constrained resource, and in fact it would almost certainly be a constrained resource for Seatin's F2P account if he somehow magicked himself enough T3CC to rank up his r1s. And then he'd be making a video about that resource.

You're not going to eliminate the grind from the game. Time is the the primary currency of the game we use to buy things, not cash. Managing how you spend your time, as @CoatHang3r mentions, is part of the game. In the long term, it is the primary skill that determines progress in the game.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hey, y'all got a slight bump in t3cc with those gifting crystals today, grateful for it?
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hey, y'all got a slight bump in t3cc with those gifting crystals today, grateful for it?

Yeah. Got 0 T3BC. Amazing