**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Yet Another Disappointment - Quitting Time?

13»

Comments

• bye
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I would like more options with crystals. I would love a 5* crystal with all god tier champs only in it for like 20k or 25k shards. I think ppl would save up to even 30k if they knew they would get a god tier champ
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    We’ve all been there ...

RNG is the worst way to give rewards

It is the second worst way. The absolute worst way is to allow players to choose their own rewards by preference all of the time. That is short-term pleasant and long term nothing, because it is unlikely for a progressional game like this to survive that system's effects long enough to have a long term. There's simply no way to keep players interests with a collection game where the majority of people can fill their collections in preference order.

We will always disagree on this subject. While I don’t think players should outright pick their own champs I’m tired of the garbage in crystals. They never let you work to earn a marvelous crystal. You’re always risking getting IP, HB, or Groot. Grinding Act 5 just to pull a 5* Karnak who will just sit on the bench next to my 6* Karnak does nothing for the player base. It only creates numerous posts like this of players on the edge ready to be done with this.

I'm not sure how much actual disagreement there is here. Players always like control, and will on a short term basis always choose control when given the chance. There's no disagreement there. Where I think we disagree is whether it is good for the game itself for players to get what they want. There's overwhelming evidence that when people design games with randomness in the rewards those games are much more successful, if you define success as more people playing for longer and spending more money while doing so. If you define success as more people being happier while playing but not sticking around for as long, it is different. That's why single player games that are explicitly not "games as a service" (a phrase I personally hate) tend not to have as much randomness. They don't need to employ that kind of reward system, so in general they don't, or greatly moderate it when they do.

To put it another way, randomness pairs well with open endedness, and choice pairs well with finish lines. Because ultimately the point to choice is to choose a path to completion, for some definition of completion. Completion of progress, completion of roster, completion of some player-specific goal. The question is, should games like this give players the option to decide on their own victory condition, and then reach it and potentially walk away upon reaching it. That's probably a question for game design ethicists, not game developers.

You keep missing my point though. I’m not asking to pick my own rewards from every crystal or even once. I’m simply saying occasionally they should reward a marvelous crystal or at the very least take the trash out of the crystal. As I’ve mentioned I’m not even complaining about no god tier, I couldn’t care less. I’m more frustrated I can’t pull a decent, rankable champ. No Hawkeye, Yondu, Psylocke, or similar that I could see ranking so my T2A don’t expire. Take out the She Hulks, Hulkbusters, Groots, and Colossi once in a while. I might take a closer look into Carnage though. I played around with him on my main a little but he didn’t seem very impressive.

Yes, that could be achieved by sometimes letting you choose between crystals of different classes or different types of champs, to narrow down and increase the chance a bit to get what that particular player actually wants, or needs.
    But it would have to be used sparingly.

I’m ok with that. Do it once a year or something. Make a tough challenge like Champion Clash or mini Variant and award a slightly higher pool of champs.
  • AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62
    Try Pulling DPX as your 1st 6*...saving up...only to pull Juggernaut as your 2nd 6*...then getting your hopes up that you cannot possibly get 3 bad ones in a row....only to pull OG Daredevil as your 3rd 6*....
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    I pop those crystals with 0 hesitation like they are all shehulks and IP. 90% of the time I get better champs than those 2 and I am proud to say that my 5* ip is still undupe ... for now. Works for me give it a try

Nvm guys, I just duped my 5* IP. Guess kabam finally hears my prayer.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    I have 56 4*s. Last five 4* opening was 4 duplicates. :s
    What to do?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    I have 56 4*s. Last five 4* opening was 4 duplicates. :s
    What to do?

Just opened a 4☆ and 5☆ (11th crystal).
    Both duplicates. :s