**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

aw become very unfair

moreap1moreap1 Posts: 27
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike plz make any solution for that aw become really unfair when we met allainces about double our rate at least do any add score fore those different points my alliance about 10 m and we met 15m and 16 and 17.2m and now 18.5 m how that be any fair zm5dq6orwisp.png
i2me48lvcu6a.png
shyo45v2g9yo.png

Comments

• Options
    dh8j80t05hgl.png
    izv51j9o9cn0.png
    and those some old wars ilq64xpvrsd4.png1nbxh8j34lvt.pngu3xis91j3r5g.png

• Options
    Forgive them RNGesus, they know not what they do.
  • Options
    @AxeCopFire how only war rating matter we can't see the aw from 1 sight that mean if we r skill but low rating we don't have the right to try be higher just cuz we don't spend money and go higher rating easy to make r5 defenders if u look in those wars I put we made it 100% even that difference also not high defenders kills but that unfair to just through millions in rating and just say u same aw tier should be bonus for those different
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Total rating can be easily manipulated bu selling your 2 and 3 star or even 4 star champs ... war rating is the correct method ... total rating mean absolutely nothing
  • Options
    moreap1 wrote: »
    @AxeCopFire how only war rating matter we can't see the aw from 1 sight that mean if we r skill but low rating we don't have the right to try be higher just cuz we don't spend money and go higher rating easy to make r5 defenders if u look in those wars I put we made it 100% even that difference also not high defenders kills but that unfair to just through millions in rating and just say u same aw tier should be bonus for those different

There are a lot of corner case problems with match making at the moment, including certain kinds of manipulation and match making anomalies (one of which is actually that the match system does in fact take alliance rating into consideration at some point which is wrong) but the reason why you are supposed to be matched against war rating and not alliance rating is because alliance rating is based on the total player rating of all the members, and player rating is calculated from *all* of your champions. If I have more 2* champs than you, I could have a far higher rating than you. If you sell champions but keep all your good ones you could have a lot smaller rating than me, but have a much stronger (if smaller) roster.

War rating is based on how often you win or lose. If your rating is about 1800, that means you are winning and losing about half the time against alliances with similar rating. So you should get matched against those alliances, because those match ups are "fair." If you get more skilled, you will win more than half the time against 1800s, and your rating will go up, and you will get matched against 1900s or higher, commensurate with your stronger ability. If you lose a lot your rating will drop and you will get matched against weaker alliances. This should happen regardless of how large their alliance rating is.

AW match making used to ignore alliance rating, but Kabam (incorrectly and foolishly in my opinion) stuck it in there to address complaints about wide alliance rating differences. Even so, the match system prioritizes close war rating matches, because that's the best measure of how strong the alliance is in alliance war. Alliance rating has no bearing on alliance strength. As proof, if the game matched on alliance rating instead of war rating, all the top alliances would force their members to sell off all their lower champs and only keep the strongest. Their alliance ratings could easily drop below 10 million, and still preserve all of their war strength. And they would do it to get the most favorable match ups possible. You'd see eight million rating alliances with nothing but 5/65 defenders, if those alliances prioritized alliance war high enough. And everyone would start complaining about that instead.
  • Options
    why all think that sell 3* and 4* is easy thing that will make a huge loss in shards bonus also iso that not easy thing to do so I don't thing the big alliances will do that also I don't say not put war rating in counting just wanna it to be fair with another restrictions like alliance rating with 3 m different for max
    like why not divide it to 4 brackets lower than 10m from 10 to 15m and from 15 to 20 and +20m and make different rewards
  • Options
    why all think that sell 3* and 4* is easy thing that will make a huge loss in shards bonus also iso that not easy thing to do so I don't thing the big alliances will do that

Back when the top of the mountain for rewards was high rank AQ, top alliances would sell lower champs for shards just to build up their highest rating champs for maximum prestige. This was sufficiently common of a practice that when Kabam issued 12.0 compensation based on player rating rather than player prestige one of the complaints was that many top tier players had very high prestige but actual player ratings less than 200k. Granted there are a lot more champions and much higher ranks available now than then, but still let that one sink in.
  • Options
    MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    why all think that sell 3* and 4* is easy thing that will make a huge loss in shards bonus also iso that not easy thing to do so I don't thing the big alliances will do that also I don't say not put war rating in counting just wanna it to be fair with another restrictions like alliance rating with 3 m different for max
    like why not divide it to 4 brackets lower than 10m from 10 to 15m and from 15 to 20 and +20m and make different rewards

Reading this hurts my brain. Use some punctuation.
  • Options
    DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    1000th matchmaking rant and for the 1000th time its by someone who doesnt know how matchmatking works...

compare WAR RATINGS ONLY!

1734 Vs 1720...no problem in matchmaking

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    DemitriM wrote: »
    1000th matchmaking rant and for the 1000th time its by someone who doesnt know how matchmatking works...

compare WAR RATINGS ONLY!

1734 Vs 1720...no problem in matchmaking

As it operates right now, yes. It's Matching the way it's intended. As for whether there's a problem, there most definitely is.
  • Options
    gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    Matchmaking will be determinde by your AW Tier mate. Not about your total ally rating. Some days you guys will be lucky to win str8 war match and the lower your tier drop, you’ll eventually will meet a high rating ally that probably just drop a tier. If you cant fight big rating ally then dont bother to fight or spend any items. Just lose it and drop your tier. Easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Kabam Miike what about add prestige that will make sure that even sell his 3* and 4* still same prestige but might make it more fair prestige beside aw rating
  • Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 342 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    This is why you don't factor in alli strength, you can't assume the whole alli participates, especially if you run just 1 or 2 rooms.

I don't think this thread is about facing a stronger alliance that doesn't want to win.
    It's about facing a stronger alliance that plays as hard as you are and tries to win.

You cannot put in a race a Ferrari and an Opel only because the cars have 4 wheels.
    There are plenty solutions but not even once Kabam actively participated in a thread with our feedback on this matter.

And yes, my alliance is also affected by this type of matchmaking that factors only the war rating and not alliance strength. We are at 7 millions and we had 2 fights against stronger alliances: one at 12 millions and the other at 12.5 millions. And when you face a battlefield with enemies twice your size I really don't think it will matter that war ratings are close.