**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Speed Variations and AI Reaction Times

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BinoyThomasBinoyThomas Posts: 27
    I have noticed that sometimes the AI behaves differently with SP 2 of champs like Hype and LC. Sometimes the distance covered in the second part of their SP 2 is short and sometimes its long...as a result it sometimes becomes difficult to evade. Is there a bug or is this the way it was intended?
  • Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 127 ★★
    Different difficulties of EQ definitely have ai variations, that are behaving in way kabam designed them to do.
    Most notably differences are between proven-challenger/conqueror/uncollected-cav/thronebreaker.
    I personally have no problems with that, ai differentiates from mode to mode creating numerous challenges for us.
    If i were to pick the easiest ai to fight, i would argue that the most aggressive ai is best because of how easy is to manipulate it in doing what you need. If i were to pick the hardest i would go with "Heroic". Its unpredictable which makes some advanced strategies and tactics like intercept unreliable, and often passive which prolongues special attack baiting.
    But when it comes to recent issues, IMO variations of ai has nothing directly to do with how fast and broken it became.
    From my experience recovery time of your opponent changed in all gamemodes, but the reason why we tend to notice differences in more advanced-aggressive ai is because of how it simply better at utilizing it.
    Personal example: I have played a lot of battlegrounds in January after gift from kabam that gave everyone 10 000 elder marks if i'm remembering things correctly. The meta with power burn and cheetah charges was not exactly most enjoyable experience, Yet i was able to hit platinum first time. I know that i'm not great player, and that if i were playing little better i could maybe hit diamond. I know when i'm doing mistakes, and usually i'm enjoying the battlegrounds because of that.
    When i heard that new meta won't have any power burn and instead will be "long-distance relationship", which is willpower friendly, i was excited since now majority of my roster was pretty playable.
    However first enter into bg after update was the most horrific experience i ever had with this gamemode, and it is considering that i was lucky to never have disconnects or insta-lose bug like many others do.
    What i witnessed were practically impossible to punish heavy attacks and special attacks that resulted in me getting parried, which never happened with me before. Sentinel's sp1 that usually leaves pretty big window to dash in and start my combo? Nah get parried
    Bating heavy attack of BWDO because of decrease of defensive ability accuracy on mediums? Baited and somehow got parried which is ridiculous. I never felt so unconfident in my ability to punish such basic actions since new patch and this is incredibly frustrating.