Speed Variations and AI Reaction Times

124

Comments

  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    Ok. Sure. Everyone who has reported these issues is either imagining it, or lacking skill. Lol. If that's your theory, more power to you. I'm not discussing it with you anymore though.

    Depends on what mode they are playing, if its not happening in easy or normal then....guess what???? You haven't been discussing it the last 7 posts. Give more details but its pretty obvious what the answer is.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.

    You do realize the higher the tier the more advanced AI you fight right? So this basically proves that it's skill that is the limitation not the device.

    I might believe this if it didn't vary from fight to fight within the same quest.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 667 ★★★
    I realize these issues have been brought up before, but I think it's time to have a serious conversation about it. In light of the most recent EQ, it's given my theories more credence and I think it's important to discuss. Let me be clear that it's not my intention to have a conspiracy conversation. I do not wish to speculate that their intentions are to set us up, or are messing with things to cost us, or any derivative thereof. Fact of the matter is the cause is not as important as the end result for me in this conversation. Please keep it respectful.
    So, for quite some time now, I've mentioned the struggles I've had with content that is harder. The harder it gets, the more lag I have. It's also no secret that the AI has increased in its reaction times. Many people have reported instant Blocks, intercepts that are automatic, and general speed issues where the AI moves much faster than we can Evade, or controls freezing. This is clear with the newest EQ.
    What I've observed as well, in Master specifically, is that the AI reacts at different times than, say UC. It's as if it's more hesitant, until we move, then it Blocks or Intercepts. Same reactions that most harder Fights have if you try to use a Heavy. It's as if it automatically intervenes, unless you chain it in a Combo. For me, I've noticed that stronger Champs than I'm using also seem to move faster. Sometimes it's as if I'm mid-move and the AI takes control, meaning my hits are bypassed for the AI to connect. I'm definitely not the only one who has noticed behavior like this, if you ask the majority of the Player Base what their largest issue with the game is, they will likely say performance issues.
    Now, on to my theory. I believe that speed variants are the cause of the lag in the majority of devices because simply put, most aren't equipped with adequate processors to handle the variation in speeds. We have our controls operating to the best of their ability, and AI which has been optimized to go much faster than the two movements can be processed. After buying a new phone and having much better movement, it somewhat confirmed it for me. However, the concerning part is a few months after buying it, the issues started creeping into my phone.
    What's concerning to me is that it's not financially possible to keep up with increasing requirements at that rate. As to how it's happening, I'm not clear. One could suggest the game is only being optimized using the latest devices and software. It's also to be expected that devices become outdated over time, but what I'm seeing is quite an alarming rate. The argument could also be made that changing the time of reaction and the speed adds a layer of challenge, sort of "switches things up". Again, I'm not here to speculate intentional or not. The end result is what concerns me.
    Fact is, I've been adamant about being worried about speed variants. Adding a layer of challenge and making improvements is important, but not to the detriment of performance. What I believe is happening, is the AI is so quick that it's overriding our controls, and the processors are overclocking and freezing. The issue wouldn't be so prevalent, but the sheer number of people who report these issues suggests that it's become a larger problem. I honestly believe it needs to be examined because the increasing speeds and variations in our reactions versus the AI is rendering the game incredibly difficult to play. I think this is crucial. It absolutely takes precedence over making it more challenging, faster and better Champs, keeping us on our toes, optimizing for the newest devices, whatever the cause is.
    The FIRST thing that needs to matter is the ability for as many people as possible to play the game the best they can. That's the most basic priority, in my opinion. That the controls work. Now, my reputation precedes me, and we all know I support the game and the people who provide it. However, I had to bring this up as constructively as I could because of that reason. It really concerns me, not only for myself, but for others, and the well-being of the game in general. I want people to enjoy playing. I believe they do as well. I just think some ends are becoming frayed, and it's becoming more of an issue.
    If anyone would like to share some thoughts, feel free. I'm open to a healthy conversation.

    I seldom agree with u in posts, GW, but this time I'm sure you're onto something. I can't even play AQ anymore on my "arena and not important fight" device anymore without getting my butt kicked. The AI has the ability to block lock or even appears to shallow evade beyond the capability of what I am even able to do. The stupid sentinels r a great example. They can run at u with their arms up and appear to actually pause when contact should have been made for parrying and then hit your block or u instead. I'm not saying they are hard, just an example.

    There have been many times that my gf has been watching me in AQ or events and said, "what just happened? How did they hit u, how can he move that way?". An absolute novice and a non mcoc player can even see something isn't right.

    On my other device, ironically an older device with a less RAM but a better chip, the game is still glitchy, but it's 100% smoother. I don't dare play map 6, uncollected or AW on my arena device.

    This is evidence enough that the game is simply much better suited for some devices but not others. Even a device superior to an older one. The fact that I used to be able to run his game on the older device and some of the same fights now are pretty impossible without significant damage or danger for it (AW, map5) is also proof things have changed.

    This game needs device specific optimization or at least throttles for resources being used on the device. A great example is moving backgrounds and AI animations.

    I'm an "ancient one". I'm a F2P player. I've suffered ms.ui.id for over a year. Sometimes, it takes 1 or 2 minutes to load. This month's EQ and BS like maze really mskes me feel like im most done. I'll he damned if I have to buy a better device just to stay competitive in a mobile game......

    My devices that play all other games fine.

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,374 ★★★★★
    mydnight wrote: »
    I realize these issues have been brought up before, but I think it's time to have a serious conversation about it. In light of the most recent EQ, it's given my theories more credence and I think it's important to discuss. Let me be clear that it's not my intention to have a conspiracy conversation. I do not wish to speculate that their intentions are to set us up, or are messing with things to cost us, or any derivative thereof. Fact of the matter is the cause is not as important as the end result for me in this conversation. Please keep it respectful.
    So, for quite some time now, I've mentioned the struggles I've had with content that is harder. The harder it gets, the more lag I have. It's also no secret that the AI has increased in its reaction times. Many people have reported instant Blocks, intercepts that are automatic, and general speed issues where the AI moves much faster than we can Evade, or controls freezing. This is clear with the newest EQ.
    What I've observed as well, in Master specifically, is that the AI reacts at different times than, say UC. It's as if it's more hesitant, until we move, then it Blocks or Intercepts. Same reactions that most harder Fights have if you try to use a Heavy. It's as if it automatically intervenes, unless you chain it in a Combo. For me, I've noticed that stronger Champs than I'm using also seem to move faster. Sometimes it's as if I'm mid-move and the AI takes control, meaning my hits are bypassed for the AI to connect. I'm definitely not the only one who has noticed behavior like this, if you ask the majority of the Player Base what their largest issue with the game is, they will likely say performance issues.
    Now, on to my theory. I believe that speed variants are the cause of the lag in the majority of devices because simply put, most aren't equipped with adequate processors to handle the variation in speeds. We have our controls operating to the best of their ability, and AI which has been optimized to go much faster than the two movements can be processed. After buying a new phone and having much better movement, it somewhat confirmed it for me. However, the concerning part is a few months after buying it, the issues started creeping into my phone.
    What's concerning to me is that it's not financially possible to keep up with increasing requirements at that rate. As to how it's happening, I'm not clear. One could suggest the game is only being optimized using the latest devices and software. It's also to be expected that devices become outdated over time, but what I'm seeing is quite an alarming rate. The argument could also be made that changing the time of reaction and the speed adds a layer of challenge, sort of "switches things up". Again, I'm not here to speculate intentional or not. The end result is what concerns me.
    Fact is, I've been adamant about being worried about speed variants. Adding a layer of challenge and making improvements is important, but not to the detriment of performance. What I believe is happening, is the AI is so quick that it's overriding our controls, and the processors are overclocking and freezing. The issue wouldn't be so prevalent, but the sheer number of people who report these issues suggests that it's become a larger problem. I honestly believe it needs to be examined because the increasing speeds and variations in our reactions versus the AI is rendering the game incredibly difficult to play. I think this is crucial. It absolutely takes precedence over making it more challenging, faster and better Champs, keeping us on our toes, optimizing for the newest devices, whatever the cause is.
    The FIRST thing that needs to matter is the ability for as many people as possible to play the game the best they can. That's the most basic priority, in my opinion. That the controls work. Now, my reputation precedes me, and we all know I support the game and the people who provide it. However, I had to bring this up as constructively as I could because of that reason. It really concerns me, not only for myself, but for others, and the well-being of the game in general. I want people to enjoy playing. I believe they do as well. I just think some ends are becoming frayed, and it's becoming more of an issue.
    If anyone would like to share some thoughts, feel free. I'm open to a healthy conversation.

    I seldom agree with u in posts, GW, but this time I'm sure you're onto something. I can't even play AQ anymore on my "arena and not important fight" device anymore without getting my butt kicked. The AI has the ability to block lock or even appears to shallow evade beyond the capability of what I am even able to do. The stupid sentinels r a great example. They can run at u with their arms up and appear to actually pause when contact should have been made for parrying and then hit your block or u instead. I'm not saying they are hard, just an example.

    There have been many times that my gf has been watching me in AQ or events and said, "what just happened? How did they hit u, how can he move that way?". An absolute novice and a non mcoc player can even see something isn't right.

    On my other device, ironically an older device with a less RAM but a better chip, the game is still glitchy, but it's 100% smoother. I don't dare play map 6, uncollected or AW on my arena device.

    This is evidence enough that the game is simply much better suited for some devices but not others. Even a device superior to an older one. The fact that I used to be able to run his game on the older device and some of the same fights now are pretty impossible without significant damage or danger for it (AW, map5) is also proof things have changed.

    This game needs device specific optimization or at least throttles for resources being used on the device. A great example is moving backgrounds and AI animations.

    I'm an "ancient one". I'm a F2P player. I've suffered ms.ui.id for over a year. Sometimes, it takes 1 or 2 minutes to load. This month's EQ and BS like maze really mskes me feel like im most done. I'll he damned if I have to buy a better device just to stay competitive in a mobile game......

    My devices that play all other games fine.

    I understand. I'm not opposed to buying new devices. Since starting 3 years ago, I've owned a total of about 20 devices, 5 or 6 different brands, and tend to swap every 6 months, usually for the same. What was alarming to me was the new phone. About 3 months after buying it, the issues started. Mind you, it's much smoother than my Tablet, but still concerning. I think there's a point where advancement becomes detrimental. I know that not everyone can swap as often as I can. Some make a purchase and have to make it last.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.

    You do realize the higher the tier the more advanced AI you fight right? So this basically proves that it's skill that is the limitation not the device.

    I might believe this if it didn't vary from fight to fight within the same quest.

    Thats usually lag due to internet connection not coding.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.

    You do realize the higher the tier the more advanced AI you fight right? So this basically proves that it's skill that is the limitation not the device.

    I might believe this if it didn't vary from fight to fight within the same quest.

    Thats usually lag due to internet connection not coding.

    Nope, sorry, 5 bars 5G wifi on fiberglass cable 80 mbit. Tested it with various tools, results the same, everything is perfect.

    I should say that 'varying within a quest' is really 'within a quest from session to session'. Best example is Chilled Challenges: I play 1, unplayable, I die, I play the second and it's a lot better, but then a 3rd or 4th is **** again. I bring the same champs, same skill, I have the same opponent but the fights themselves are day and night.

    I do see the aggression being the same. It is just far more framedroppy, choppy etc from quest to quest, even though it's the same quest.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,374 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.

    You do realize the higher the tier the more advanced AI you fight right? So this basically proves that it's skill that is the limitation not the device.

    I might believe this if it didn't vary from fight to fight within the same quest.

    Thats usually lag due to internet connection not coding.

    Nope, sorry, 5 bars 5G wifi on fiberglass cable 80 mbit. Tested it with various tools, results the same, everything is perfect.

    I should say that 'varying within a quest' is really 'within a quest from session to session'. Best example is Chilled Challenges: I play 1, unplayable, I die, I play the second and it's a lot better, but then a 3rd or 4th is **** again. I bring the same champs, same skill, I have the same opponent but the fights themselves are day and night.

    I do see the aggression being the same. It is just far more framedroppy, choppy etc from quest to quest, even though it's the same quest.

    It's not the Internet connection. That doesn't affect the speed of the Fight. Already explored that theory. The connection can drop during the Fight. Believe me, I've explored many theories.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.

    You do realize the higher the tier the more advanced AI you fight right? So this basically proves that it's skill that is the limitation not the device.

    I might believe this if it didn't vary from fight to fight within the same quest.

    Thats usually lag due to internet connection not coding.

    Nope, sorry, 5 bars 5G wifi on fiberglass cable 80 mbit. Tested it with various tools, results the same, everything is perfect.

    I should say that 'varying within a quest' is really 'within a quest from session to session'. Best example is Chilled Challenges: I play 1, unplayable, I die, I play the second and it's a lot better, but then a 3rd or 4th is **** again. I bring the same champs, same skill, I have the same opponent but the fights themselves are day and night.

    I do see the aggression being the same. It is just far more framedroppy, choppy etc from quest to quest, even though it's the same quest.

    It's not the Internet connection. That doesn't affect the speed of the Fight. Already explored that theory. The connection can drop during the Fight. Believe me, I've explored many theories.

    Internet connection doesn't affect the speed of a game.......thats new.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,374 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Not during the Fights, no. It doesn't. There was a time where the game may have been dependent on a steady connection during the Fight, but as evident when we can continue the Fight after the connection drops, data is sent before and after the Fight. Already explored that theory in a conversation with @DNA3000.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    edited December 2018
    Two hit combo with the AI interrupting it, stark hasnt even finished standing up and I hit to follow up with a third hit, which never happens -


    vsb2rm3baksf.png
    rkikavsq32pu.png
    nw6p6u3jflls.png
    7bp1ud7grzud.png
    81i0x1qrbkuh.png


    This all happens in the space of 0.1 sec, I had to slow down the AI, but it basically interupted me hitting it. I was dicking around mind you, but still
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 708 ★★★
    Not during the Fights, no. It doesn't. There was a time where the game may have been dependent on a steady connection during the Fight, but as evident when we can continue the Fight after the connection drops, data is sent before and after the Fight. Already explored that theory in a conversation with @DNA3000.

    As someone who is always on the lower threshold of performance, both device and internet, I can say that internet speed plays a large factor into how well the game plays. If I'm playing in a area that has low connectivity, like around 8-15 mbps, it will be a nightmare trying to do anything consistent. If I lose connectivity altogether, I will be disconnected mid fight.

    I often need to roam around the house with my internet speed test ap open finding an area that gives me 30-50mbps before engaging in high risk fights. The difference is night and day.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,374 ★★★★★
    phil56201 wrote: »
    Not during the Fights, no. It doesn't. There was a time where the game may have been dependent on a steady connection during the Fight, but as evident when we can continue the Fight after the connection drops, data is sent before and after the Fight. Already explored that theory in a conversation with @DNA3000.

    As someone who is always on the lower threshold of performance, both device and internet, I can say that internet speed plays a large factor into how well the game plays. If I'm playing in a area that has low connectivity, like around 8-15 mbps, it will be a nightmare trying to do anything consistent. If I lose connectivity altogether, I will be disconnected mid fight.

    I often need to roam around the house with my internet speed test ap open finding an area that gives me 30-50mbps before engaging in high risk fights. The difference is night and day.

    Actually, the connection can drop for several minutes during a Fight. Tested that numerous times. I can switch off my connection during a Match, wait a minute or two, and turn it back on and the Fight sends the data. There isn't a continuous connection during the Fight, and it doesn't affect the speed of the AI.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 708 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Actually, the connection can drop for several minutes during a Fight. Tested that numerous times. I can switch off my connection during a Match, wait a minute or two, and turn it back on and the Fight sends the data. There isn't a continuous connection during the Fight, and it doesn't affect the speed of the AI.

    Might not affect the speed of the AI, but it sure affects the speed, or lack thereof, of the gameplay as well as the framerate.

    And I cant tell you how many times Ive breathed a sigh of relief when the game recovers a fight that was cut off abruptly mid fight due to me losing all connectivity.

    Edited to add: if I switch my wifi off, 90% of the time I will be disconnected from the game in the span of time it takes my phone to switch from wifi to phone data. Which is why I always minimize the game before turning off wifi.

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,374 ★★★★★
    It's definitely not the Internet causing the issues I'm describing. I also have my doubts that it's possible for it to affect the frame rate during the Fight because the data is sent before and after.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 708 ★★★
    I think that your experiences are going to be different if your network, wifi, and device are on the upper end of functionality. Like I said, Im on the lower end of all 3 and Im constantly dealing with the tipping point of unplayability to functional.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,374 ★★★★★
    phil56201 wrote: »
    I think that your experiences are going to be different if your network, wifi, and device are on the upper end of functionality. Like I said, Im on the lower end of all 3 and Im constantly dealing with the tipping point of unplayability to functional.

    I'm not really on the upper end of network, ours is notoriously touch-and-go. Which is how I know it doesn't affect the quality of the Fights. It cuts out quite often.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 667 ★★★
    I think the internet probably compacts the problem. I do find on slower wifi, it's much glitchier.
  • phil56201 wrote: »
    Edited to add: if I switch my wifi off, 90% of the time I will be disconnected from the game in the span of time it takes my phone to switch from wifi to phone data. Which is why I always minimize the game before turning off wifi.

    Switching wifi off and on at the phone is not a good test of how the game uses internet. First of all, switching from wifi to cellular data changes your IP address, and that can sometimes affect how the game client connects to the cloud servers. I've seen switches cause the game to simply lose the ability to connect to the servers entirely and force a restart. Second, switching out of the game to do that at all can cause the game to do things you didn't expect because it forces a multitasking switch. Sometimes switching in and out of the game momentarily has caused my game to reset to login again.

    The way I've tested the game is two-fold. I've simply blocked the wifi signal by moving to a shielded area, and the game doesn't ever notice I've done that (at least for a while). And second, I've tcpdumped the traffic going back and forth and blocked it temporarily by firewall. In both cases, the game client doesn't notice this has happened when I'm in an actual combat fight. It does notice, in the sense that eventually it detects the outage and eventually drops the client but this generally takes a significant amount of time. The traffic going back and forth isn't "fight related."
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    phil56201 wrote: »
    I think that your experiences are going to be different if your network, wifi, and device are on the upper end of functionality. Like I said, Im on the lower end of all 3 and Im constantly dealing with the tipping point of unplayability to functional.

    I'm not really on the upper end of network, ours is notoriously touch-and-go. Which is how I know it doesn't affect the quality of the Fights. It cuts out quite often.

    It cuts out quite often but can't be the issue......what lol. I think we just solved the problem.
  • Gino1290Gino1290 Posts: 37
    It's really frustrating with Questing because there are 3 options. Spend insane amounts of Units taking them down dry, continue to restart until you get to the Boss over and over and get "the good RNG", or not do it at all.

    Especially when ur trying to finish act 5!!! I agree 100% with ur post and it seems like kabam stopped listening, i attribute the pause in mid combo to speed , and after a 5 hit combo my character pauses and skips a frame or 2 and im immediately getting hit its very disappointing kabam had a very well designed game that worked perfectly and they messed with it ,ive been playing 4 yrs now and honestly am prolly gonna quit out of frustration
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    I found that it seems parry timing has changed. I used to be able to parry reliably. Now, most of my parries are not registering, or if they are they are shrugged off way to early. And I have the mastery maxed out for that. It’s making trying to finish uncollected extremely frustrating!!!
    Plus you have to love those instant blocks to your SP’s when combos were solid.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 882 ★★★
    I think I know what you're talking about. Here are some problems I face on my device:

    Expectation
    Wait for the enemy to dash, parry him, attack him.

    Reality
    Enemy dashes, I get comboed, and then I lose.
    Problem here is the amount of frames shown. In the latest devices, you can clearly see the enemy dash like if it was in slow motion or something. But in android and old devices, it doesnt show enough frames , so it looks like the enemy just teleported to you.

    --

    Expectation
    Do a 5-hit combo, and throw the special right away.

    Reality
    Tap 5 times, the game lags on the 5th hit. It doesn't happen and the special gets blocked.

    --

    Expectation
    Do a 5-hit combo.

    Reality
    Tap 5 times, and do a 4-hit combo. The 5th hit never happens

    Nothing to see here, it's just a frame rate enhancement.

    Seriously, when you have a device which has 4 - 8 gigs of RAM, the latest Snapdragon 845 chip, Adreno 6xx/Mali G7x class GPU, there should never be any frames dropped.

    Really for the Graphics and game engine this built on we should be fine using Snapdragon 821's still and not have any problems. They have not advanced the graphics of this game so much it should have technically outpaced the hardware this much, especially since there's the whole Dynamic graphics quality engine which we have all seen in action. That should be scaling graphics quality, frame rates ect to ensure a similar game play across all platforms.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,374 ★★★★★
    I think I know what you're talking about. Here are some problems I face on my device:

    Expectation
    Wait for the enemy to dash, parry him, attack him.

    Reality
    Enemy dashes, I get comboed, and then I lose.
    Problem here is the amount of frames shown. In the latest devices, you can clearly see the enemy dash like if it was in slow motion or something. But in android and old devices, it doesnt show enough frames , so it looks like the enemy just teleported to you.

    --

    Expectation
    Do a 5-hit combo, and throw the special right away.

    Reality
    Tap 5 times, the game lags on the 5th hit. It doesn't happen and the special gets blocked.

    --

    Expectation
    Do a 5-hit combo.

    Reality
    Tap 5 times, and do a 4-hit combo. The 5th hit never happens

    Nothing to see here, it's just a frame rate enhancement.

    Seriously, when you have a device which has 4 - 8 gigs of RAM, the latest Snapdragon 845 chip, Adreno 6xx/Mali G7x class GPU, there should never be any frames dropped.

    Really for the Graphics and game engine this built on we should be fine using Snapdragon 821's still and not have any problems. They have not advanced the graphics of this game so much it should have technically outpaced the hardware this much, especially since there's the whole Dynamic graphics quality engine which we have all seen in action. That should be scaling graphics quality, frame rates ect to ensure a similar game play across all platforms.
    Right. So there's no issue. Lol. Disagree with that one. I'm dealing with it everyday.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 882 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    I think I know what you're talking about. Here are some problems I face on my device:

    Expectation
    Wait for the enemy to dash, parry him, attack him.

    Reality
    Enemy dashes, I get comboed, and then I lose.
    Problem here is the amount of frames shown. In the latest devices, you can clearly see the enemy dash like if it was in slow motion or something. But in android and old devices, it doesnt show enough frames , so it looks like the enemy just teleported to you.

    --

    Expectation
    Do a 5-hit combo, and throw the special right away.

    Reality
    Tap 5 times, the game lags on the 5th hit. It doesn't happen and the special gets blocked.

    --

    Expectation
    Do a 5-hit combo.

    Reality
    Tap 5 times, and do a 4-hit combo. The 5th hit never happens

    Nothing to see here, it's just a frame rate enhancement.

    Seriously, when you have a device which has 4 - 8 gigs of RAM, the latest Snapdragon 845 chip, Adreno 6xx/Mali G7x class GPU, there should never be any frames dropped.

    Really for the Graphics and game engine this built on we should be fine using Snapdragon 821's still and not have any problems. They have not advanced the graphics of this game so much it should have technically outpaced the hardware this much, especially since there's the whole Dynamic graphics quality engine which we have all seen in action. That should be scaling graphics quality, frame rates ect to ensure a similar game play across all platforms.
    Right. So there's no issue. Lol. Disagree with that one. I'm dealing with it everyday.

    LOL I was just saying there SHOULD not be an issue. I know there is one... I've been reporting it for so long I gave up, and just stopped doing content. Especially since we get stories about Frame Rate enhancements and other lines blowing us off.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 882 ★★★
    Fjolnir wrote: »
    it would be beneficial if the person(s) reporting these problems provides all info that Kabam requests:

    Device
    OS
    Service provider
    MCoC version
    Etc....


    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/61843/forum-bug-report-template#latest

    There's only so long players will continue to report the same problem filling out the template over and over again before they just give up like I have.

  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Look at Black Bolt blocking SP2 by Dr Voodoo @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Wolf

  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    edited December 2018
    The AI has been acting like the following since 12.0 for the harder contents. These were talked about heavily since last June.

    AI double dash forward thus bypassing our evade.
    AI can immediately counter attack after getting hit by a combo or special.
    AI immediately blocking or attacking right after performing specials or heavy.
    AI can move forward during heavy or specials.
    AI can alter the speed of their specials and reg attack.
    Those are nothing new.

    What’s new is this. For the last couple of months they have been updating the AI fighting routine.

    For example, if you distance yourself from the AI to bait a dash in medium, they will simply walk up to you and hit you with a light attack.

    If you block, the AI will do a combo and immediately block trying to parry you.

    This month they now hold their specials and does SP1 when their power meter is close to 2 bars.

    Bottom line is, the AI already has certain advantage since 12.0 and now has been changing their fighting style to make it more challenging for us.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 882 ★★★
    realiTic wrote: »
    The AI has been acting like the following since 12.0 for the harder contents. These were talked about heavily since last June.

    AI double dash forward thus bypassing our evade.
    AI can immediately counter attack after getting hit by a combo or special.
    AI immediately blocking or attacking right after performing specials or heavy.
    AI can move forward during heavy or specials.
    AI can alter the speed of their specials and reg attack.
    Those are nothing new.

    What’s new is this. For the last couple of months they have been updating the AI fighting routine.

    For example, if you distance yourself from the AI to bait a dash in medium, they will simply walk up to you and hit you with a light attack.

    If you block, the AI will do a combo and immediately block trying to parry you.

    This month they now hold their specials and does SP1 when their power meter is close to 2 bars.

    Bottom line is, the AI already has certain advantage since 12.0 and now has been changing their fighting style to make it more challenging for us.

    This is why many in my former alliance have just given up on harder content, gone to retirement alliances or just stopped playing.

    12.0 introduced Challenger Rating and introduced other mechanics that, as you said, gave the AI a big advantage.

    There has been also as you said a change to the games mechanics since 18.x and every release it gets worse.

    The so called Frame Rate Enhancement it ses added additional frames which it would seem allows the AI even more frames to respond and react, but we visually don't see it. In all likelihood many devices may not even be able to display the additional frames brought about by the enhancement.

    It seems reasonable the little extra frames (the same ones we were told is why Drax's double hit no longer bypasses Mordo's evade) allows the AI to do things we are discussing here.
Sign In or Register to comment.