**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RDT’s?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    "Big bad keyboard warrior talk", lol that made me laugh. I didnt threaten you while hiding behind my screen, i just said you probably need to get thicker skin, honestly idc if we get rdt or not, i've been here for about 2 years now i think. Getting 1 rdt per year doesnt disencourage to work for rewards nor does it take out strategy, no ones gonna say im not gonna do act 5 or uncollected cause i can get rdt.

We Got them once last year. Since then its the most requested item on these forums period. People don't want them once a year, they want them all the time. If stopped the flood of duplicate threads forever on the topic, I'd accept giving them once a year. But then people will ask for twice a year because "new champs" blah, blah. Its a never ending loop.

Kabam painted themselves into a corner. They could come out and say that their earlier decision was a mistake and that they won't make the same attempt at reparations again. But that would mean 500 discussions a month about the thing that they will do when they make detrimental changes to a champ. Which would be worse? Not sure. I'd probably prefer it to the bug/glitch excuse they're falling back on now though to avoid giving out RDTs. People asking for RDTs every day for stupid things is annoying, but Kabam opened that door and propped it, it's their fault that's people keep messing with it. I'd prefer if they just came out and said that they will make changes they deem necessary to balance the game and then actually made changes to champs much more frequently based on research and feedback. On the whole players and the game would benefit from that.

Are you kidding me? Read the ToS. It states they can make changes as they see fit. Plus it's their company. They could change any champ any time they want and not compensate us. They've stated over and over this past year that they have NO PLANS to bring back RDT's but people keep asking for them this isnt on them. They closed the door but the community keeps trying to pry it back open.

Kabam forum reps stating in a forum post that the company currently has no plans to do something means exactly squat. Would you 1000% buy-in and go away forever if a Wal-Mart community rep posted in their forums that the corporation currently has no plans to offer something, because that's what you're expecting other people to do. Who else's fault would it be that Kabam didn't concretely clarify under what extremely limited circumstances they would determine that a champ change requires a rankdown? They could also say, "We had to change this champ for the balance of the game, you own Hawkeye at 6,5,4,3,2, and 1 star levels, and he's significantly less effective than he was prior to the change based on our testing and feedback. Here's a ticket for him and him alone. You have 1 week to use this or not." Of course everyone knows that Kabam doesn't have to do anything they don't want to do, and only owe what they are legally obligated to, and that has nothing to do with how you end up with RDT begging a hundred times a week and people constantly threatening to quit playing.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    "Big bad keyboard warrior talk", lol that made me laugh. I didnt threaten you while hiding behind my screen, i just said you probably need to get thicker skin, honestly idc if we get rdt or not, i've been here for about 2 years now i think. Getting 1 rdt per year doesnt disencourage to work for rewards nor does it take out strategy, no ones gonna say im not gonna do act 5 or uncollected cause i can get rdt.

We Got them once last year. Since then its the most requested item on these forums period. People don't want them once a year, they want them all the time. If stopped the flood of duplicate threads forever on the topic, I'd accept giving them once a year. But then people will ask for twice a year because "new champs" blah, blah. Its a never ending loop.

Kabam painted themselves into a corner. They could come out and say that their earlier decision was a mistake and that they won't make the same attempt at reparations again. But that would mean 500 discussions a month about the thing that they will do when they make detrimental changes to a champ. Which would be worse? Not sure. I'd probably prefer it to the bug/glitch excuse they're falling back on now though to avoid giving out RDTs. People asking for RDTs every day for stupid things is annoying, but Kabam opened that door and propped it, it's their fault that's people keep messing with it. I'd prefer if they just came out and said that they will make changes they deem necessary to balance the game and then actually made changes to champs much more frequently based on research and feedback. On the whole players and the game would benefit from that.

Are you kidding me? Read the ToS. It states they can make changes as they see fit. Plus it's their company. They could change any champ any time they want and not compensate us. They've stated over and over this past year that they have NO PLANS to bring back RDT's but people keep asking for them this isnt on them. They closed the door but the community keeps trying to pry it back open.

Kabam forum reps stating in a forum post that the company currently has no plans to do something means exactly squat. Would you 1000% buy-in and go away forever if a Wal-Mart community rep posted in their forums that the corporation currently has no plans to offer something, because that's what you're expecting other people to do. Who else's fault would it be that Kabam didn't concretely clarify under what extremely limited circumstances they would determine that a champ change requires a rankdown? They could also say, "We had to change this champ for the balance of the game, you own Hawkeye at 6,5,4,3,2, and 1 star levels, and he's significantly less effective than he was prior to the change based on our testing and feedback. Here's a ticket for him and him alone. You have 1 week to use this or not." Of course everyone knows that Kabam doesn't have to do anything they don't want to do, and only owe what they are legally obligated to, and that has nothing to do with how you end up with RDT begging a hundred times a week and people constantly threatening to quit playing.

k69epfr3l050.gif
  • Options
    I like Conan, and you're very likely a super fun guy to be around and chop it up with. Seriously. Unless there's a rankdown ticket discussion or any other discussion between two or more parties regarding this game.

I'm still interested in hearing how you came to your apocalyptic conclusions regarding the state of the game if 1 ticket is made available each year. Meanwhile, they aren't ever going to stop begging daily for Rankdowns for every little thing and you aren't ever going to stop complaining about it every single time they do.
  • Options
    I like Conan, and you're very likely a super fun guy to be around and chop it up with. Seriously. Unless there's a rankdown ticket discussion or any other discussion between two or more parties regarding this game.

I'm still interested in hearing how you came to your apocalyptic conclusions regarding the state of the game if 1 ticket is made available each year. Meanwhile, they aren't ever going to stop begging daily for Rankdowns for every little thing and you aren't ever going to stop complaining about it every single time they do.

It doesnt stop at 1. They gave us 3 for 3-5* last year. Since then there has been a RDT thread every day since then. This player base wont be satisfied with 1 per year. It won't ever been enough. 1 wont break the game but it's not going to make people stop asking. Kabam cant say they won't ever give them again because a 12.0 might happen in the future but I doubt it.

Most of the ones asking for these constantly are either lazy or dont research for rank ups. Rank materials are becoming easier and easier to get. Ive been able to R4/5 one champ and R4 another faster than I have been able to 6 months ago. People need to realize there isnt a easy button in this game ubless you are C.O.W then you just pay your way to the top.

Do the work, research the rank ups, and be happy.
  • Options
    SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★

It doesnt stop at 1. They gave us 3 for 3-5* last year. Since then there has been a RDT thread every day since then. This player base wont be satisfied with 1 per year. It won't ever been enough. 1 wont break the game but it's not going to make people stop asking. Kabam cant say they won't ever give them again because a 12.0 might happen in the future but I doubt it.

Most of the ones asking for these constantly are either lazy or dont research for rank ups. Rank materials are becoming easier and easier to get. Ive been able to R4/5 one champ and R4 another faster than I have been able to 6 months ago. People need to realize there isnt a easy button in this game ubless you are C.O.W then you just pay your way to the top.

People screamed for them when the AW for top tier alliances made all enemies bleed immune for ONE SEASON. It didn't even affect everyone, but everyone screamed like they suddenly de-ranked all their champs to r1 1*. Those champs were still effective in all other content in the game but RDTs were demanded every day multiple times a day. And yknow what would have happened: when the sesson ended people would have screamed for more RDTs to rank down the new champs they ranked up for AW and re-rank their bleed champs that they ranked down. It would have never ended.
  • Options

In conjunction with making materials more plentiful, there NEEDS to be a real effort to make older champs more relevant instead of making them relatively worse every month. 2015 champs suck so bad they couldn’t be featured in the 2015 variant event even with the crazy node buffs. Since there’s barely any movement with champs other than the monthly new hotness champs, people will keep asking for tickets so they can rankup the new gamebreaker.

Not futzing so much with the BTS workings of the game, clarity on interactions in the game and for Kabam to quit hiding behind bugs when they change a champ would help too. People would quit saying someone was nerfed and needing a ticket for it.
  • Options

People screamed for them when the AW for top tier alliances made all enemies bleed immune for ONE SEASON. It didn't even affect everyone, but everyone screamed like they suddenly de-ranked all their champs to r1 1*. Those champs were still effective in all other content in the game but RDTs were demanded every day multiple times a day. And yknow what would have happened: when the sesson ended people would have screamed for more RDTs to rank down the new champs they ranked up for AW and re-rank their bleed champs that they ranked down. It would have never ended.

Oh i remember. I wish they would of given them at that time. You'd be seeing me looking like the Grinch with a plan evil laughing my a$$ off.
  • Options

In conjunction with making materials more plentiful, there NEEDS to be a real effort to make older champs more relevant instead of making them relatively worse every month. 2015 champs suck so bad they couldn’t be featured in the 2015 variant event even with the crazy node buffs. Since there’s barely any movement with champs other than the monthly new hotness champs, people will keep asking for tickets so they can rankup the new gamebreaker.

Not futzing so much with the BTS workings of the game, clarity on interactions in the game and for Kabam to quit hiding behind bugs when they change a champ would help too. People would quit saying someone was nerfed and needing a ticket for it.

They are working on revamping. Its not that simple of a process. In all honesty, I wish they'd make newer champs similar to OG champs. The abilities are getting out of hand honestly. Novel after novel of niche abilities is getting hard to keep track of. Not every champ needs to 30 different things to keep track of.
  • Options
    JustLaCopeJustLaCope Posts: 32
    edited December 2018
    Everyone needs to do their research before ranking and be dead sure they are what they want. And things in the game changes and so do the needs of the champs required and the needs come and go.

Leave the RDTsituation alone. Rank up tickets would be nice. Or 5 star awakening gems. But if we don't get it, that's okay. They don't owe you anything but continued development of this game that is free to play if you choose to.

Yall who cry for these are spoiled.

But I did hear that if you sell all your 4 star champions, you get a 1.5k unit offer for a 5 star awakening gem and t4b with t2a shards.

I dont it myself, I got that squad now.
  • Options

They are working on revamping. Its not that simple of a process. In all honesty, I wish they'd make newer champs similar to OG champs. The abilities are getting out of hand honestly. Novel after novel of niche abilities is getting hard to keep track of. Not every champ needs to 30 different things to keep track of.

They could pick up the pace on these tweaks, no reason for it to be so infrequent and dragged out. Not even looking for rebuilding from scratch, just make them competitive and fleshed out instead of an ability sheet like “periodically gets an armor-up” and that’s it. Some of them just look childish compared with new champs.

• Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Someone shut this thread down please.
  • Options

They could pick up the pace on these tweaks, no reason for it to be so infrequent and dragged out. Not even looking for rebuilding from scratch, just make them competitive and fleshed out instead of an ability sheet like “periodically gets an armor-up” and that’s it. Some of them just look childish compared with new champs.

Do you happen to have a degree in game design and programming?