**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spidey SE ability to refresh a taunt. [Fix in Progress]

313rd313rd Posts: 159
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Having a difficult time successfully refreshing a placed taunt. This trouble just started past day or so. Before was able to consistently evade back and when the Opponent was standing back and blocking, spidey what remain idle for atleast one sec. of course my fingers are NOT touching the screen.

The problem, that I see, is that spidey is not standing idle ( again w/o the user touching the screen) as long as he should.

I am 100% certain just two days ago, spidey se was able to remain idle for atleast one sec OR the taught refreshed too early. But there is a definite difference now as the timing for refreshing his taught had changed or spidey is just not able to stand still long enough for the taunt to refresh.
I have tried the refresh the taught off of his AI evade, off of a manual dex evade, from just dashing back and all attempts after waiting as long as I can. It appears that spidey se is just not staying as long as he used to.
I have refreshed the taunt just isn't consistent as it was before in the past two days. I understand that, If need to react to something, I must touch the screen to make a move but again. I am not touching the screen long enough for spidey to remain idle to refresh his taunt.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @313rd. Can you let me know a bit more information about this?

Champion you were fighting against
    Game mode
    Your device and OS type

Thanks!
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    This is happening in all game modes against everyone I'm pretty sure. Many players from various chats have all said they are having this issue, including myself and fellow alliance members. For instance I was just using my 5* 3/45 SESM in Act 5.2.4, every opponent I fought against he would apply taunt every 5 hits but would not refresh the taunt upon retreating and standing idle. @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike

-No connectivity issues, Wi-Fi
    -Exclusively Wi-Fi, no switching between data and Wi-Fi
    -Fighting against - arena opponents, Stark quest and Act 5.2.4 opponents
    -iPhone 6s Plus version 10.3.2
    -MCOC version 13.1.1

-Marcus Unread
  • TigerWhiskersTigerWhiskers Posts: 81
    edited July 2017
    Yes! Thank you! I'm not the only one with problem!
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11283/sparks-smack-talk-not-functioning
    I too am 100% certain I was triggering smack talk 2 days ago and that it stopped working yesterday my time.
    I have mainly been fighting in solo quests, specifically spidy quests and event quest. I can also confirm it fails to trigger in duelling mode. As I have been using spark in almost all fights since pulling him I can confirm smack talk fails against all opponents. It happens with both my 3* and my 5*. I have tried my iPhone and iPad Air 2 both running iOS 10.3.2. I have not updated iOS between when it worked and when it stopped working. You can see that he fails to smack talk or even do the hand beckon animation in the video below.
  • MatinMatin Posts: 17
    Same here. his Idle animation is gone and he can't reset taunt effect anymore. fix this asap pls!
    planning to rank my 5* to r4 and suddenly there's a bug out of nowhere.
  • AlijanAlijan Posts: 1
    Yea i got the same problem. No refreshing taunt.
    :(
  • CharChar Posts: 35
    I'm experiencing the same issue in all game modes with my 5*. Just recently I was fighting Joe Fixit for the duels event, but I also noticed the issue occurring against Guillotine, Kang, and Howard the Duck in 5.3.2 of Event Quest, as well as Rogue and Vulture in Master of the Stark Assignment. My device is an iPhone 7 and iOS 10.3.2.
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 159
    @Kabam Wolf
    iPhone seven
    iOS most recent update
    It has been a problem in all game modes
    Also happens against any opponent I have been facing.
    Successfully refreshing a taunt has been very rare lately, I have successfully refreshed one against vulture in heroic monthly quest. But didn't not happen but the one time throughout that entire fight. Was using 2* spidey se.
    Hey @TigerWhiskers. There is a mechanic in the game which occasionally moves players or AI closer to the center of the stage if they're idle at max screen distance. If that wasn't occurring previously, then it was a bug. However, I tested this with Spark on my end, and Smack Talk is still working correctly if you idle for 1 second while closer to the opponent.
    I got this from @Kabam Wolf . Much appreciated! Thanks Kabam Wolf! I haven't had smack talk trigger once since problem began. You can see in the second example in video above with WM that I am definitely not at max distance from opponent when attempting to trigger smack talk. It's one dash back with the opponent remaining stationary after my final hit of the combo.
    Smack talk really is not as beneficial if you have to be close to the opponent for it to work. After all Spark's dash back shifts you back a significant distance (which i love). It's also strategically smarter to be at more of a distance when not blocking. I'm sure that I was triggering smack talk at a distance from opponents before issues began. The description for how to trigger is merely to dash back and idle, not that you have to be a certain distance from opponent.
  • CharChar Posts: 35
    Before this bug started, the mechanic to bring champions to the center would still work, but never before the 1 second you'd have to wait for the smack talk animation to take place. I've been playing with my 5* Spidey SE ever since I pulled him and didn't have any issues at all until the last couple of days when this surfaced.
  • MatinMatin Posts: 17
    Hey @TigerWhiskers. There is a mechanic in the game which occasionally moves players or AI closer to the center of the stage if they're idle at max screen distance. If that wasn't occurring previously, then it was a bug. However, I tested this with Spark on my end, and Smack Talk is still working correctly if you idle for 1 second while closer to the opponent.
    I got this from @Kabam Wolf . Much appreciated! Thanks Kabam Wolf! I haven't had smack talk trigger once since problem began. You can see in the second example in video above with WM that I am definitely not at max distance from opponent when attempting to trigger smack talk. It's one dash back with the opponent remaining stationary after my final hit of the combo.
    Smack talk really is not as beneficial if you have to be close to the opponent for it to work. After all Spark's dash back shifts you back a significant distance (which i love). It's also strategically smarter to be at more of a distance when not blocking. I'm sure that I was triggering smack talk at a distance from opponents before issues began. The description for how to trigger is merely to dash back and idle, not that you have to be a certain distance from opponent.

If that is the case, then Kabam needs to stop Sneaky nerfing champions. Ppl are not idiots. That mechanic was working, the problem is with the smack talk. They have obviously changed the champion without a note which is dishonest.with smack talk getting harder to do, you'll lose more poise effects by placing another taunt effect with every 5 hits. so this is obviously a nerf. removing/nerfing something really cool and unique and useful.
  • Prime_VakarianPrime_Vakarian Posts: 12
    Same issue, won't refresh taunt against any opponent in Story, Event, Duels or Arena. Haven't tried in AW or AQ. Work perfectly from when I got him from arena to about yesterday.

5/50 Spidey SE Sig 43
    Wifi and LTE
    IPhone 7s Plus
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    Same here as well. All game modes. Swipe back and does not refresh taunt or do the animation. Worked up until a few days ago.
  • GODZUKIGODZUKI Posts: 15
    I've had the same problem.
    Also when dashing back its been forcing my spidey forward before the taunt refreshes...Why are we being forced forward when we need space for this to work.
    Hey guys. I did some more digging into this, and I'm going to go ahead and take it to the team. Thanks for hanging in there.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    The problem is that Spider is moving without any command ... is part of the game.
    He only triggers the ability when he is in front of the enemy, prepared to get punched ...
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The problem is that Spider is moving without any command ... is part of the game.
    He only triggers the ability when he is in front of the enemy, prepared to get punched ...

I think this is sarcasm. If so I get your point. But they must know that I WONT be able to successfully refresh the taunt standing in front of a opponent either. For if I stand with striking distance from the opponent, the enemy will swing at me forcing to block or evade stopping me from still and again being able to refresh the taunt.
    Are they saying spidey se can't be too far away, but also can't be within striking distance from the opponent to have a chance at successfully refreshing a taunt?

Anyway I read @Kabam Wolf reply in another thread, about him testing the taunt refresh and it works fine. Does your reply in this thread:
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. I did some more digging into this, and I'm going to go ahead and take it to the team. Thanks for hanging in there.

Does this Supersede what was written in other?

Found the other post, dated July 20th. The reply in this post should mean it's being looked at
    edited July 2017
    Yes, Kabam Wolf closed my thread after thinking it was just a simple issue but when we all brought more info he brought it to the team. I'm regularly checking in to hear if there's any word back.
    Personally I suspect that not long after they released him someone (probably independently without realising how it affected Spark) did something that affected how aggrssively the mechanic moves champs towards middle. I know I have sometimes had it where that mechanic never triggers when it should, so maybe it was a fix for that. As others have said he trots forward without waiting long enough for there to be that one second delay. There could be more to it than that, but that's just where I would start if I was looking into finding where the problem lies.
    Yes, Kabam Wolf closed my thread after thinking it was just a simple issue but when we all brought more info he brought it to the team. I'm regularly checking in to hear if there's any word back.
    Personally I suspect that not long after they released him someone (probably independently without realising how it affected Spark) did something that affected how aggrssively the mechanic moves champs towards middle. I know I have sometimes had it where that mechanic never triggers when it should, so maybe it was a fix for that. As others have said he trots forward without waiting long enough for there to be that one second delay. There could be more to it than that, but that's just where I would start if I was looking into finding where the problem lies.

Couldn't agree with you more!!

Same I agree tested it again today
    Any update on this issue?
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    edited July 2017
    Been almost a week without a response @kabamwolf
    Also an update on the debuff bug that makes poise charges expire quickly one by one because of the inability to place the taunt debuff.
    Glad we're in this together raising the issue. Would suck if only one of us bothered to speak up.
    How have you guys enjoyed Spark? I was impressed with the effort put into him the moment I had to face him in a Spidy Quest. I found him a bit tricky to learn especially getting good at building up those poise charges without getting hit. Still a bit of risk there. He's a champ that does seem to reward skilled play. I hope they go that direction more. The game is too grind focused but not sufficiently skill focused. Mine's undupped but hits like a freight train once he has those charges built up. The animation is spot on, and the whole poise, taunt, smack talk thing is such a good interpretation of the character.
    Hey all. Sorry for the delay on an update! I checked with the team, and it looks like they have a fix that they're testing for 14.1. Thanks for providing all of the extra info that helped us reproduce this!
    Hey all. Sorry for the delay on an update! I checked with the team, and it looks like they have a fix that they're testing for 14.1. Thanks for providing all of the extra info that helped us reproduce this!

Thanks for the update. Is this just for the taunt refresh issue or does this include the poise charges being used on each consecutive hit on debuff immune champs?
    Glad we're in this together raising the issue. Would suck if only one of us bothered to speak up.
    How have you guys enjoyed Spark? I was impressed with the effort put into him the moment I had to face him in a Spidy Quest. I found him a bit tricky to learn especially getting good at building up those poise charges without getting hit. Still a bit of risk there. He's a champ that does seem to reward skilled play. I hope they go that direction more. The game is too grind focused but not sufficiently skill focused. Mine's undupped but hits like a freight train once he has those charges built up. The animation is spot on, and the whole poise, taunt, smack talk thing is such a good interpretation of the character.

I was very fortunate to get him as a 5* and is currently at R3 (awaiting 2 more t2 tech catalyst). He has a significant damage increase when he has 10 charges vs none. My biggest struggle with him was getting use to his fluid movements, especially when dodging back multiple times. I was testing him against Red Hulk in LoL and was able to do a little over 400k which is more than my R5 SL could do within the same amount of time.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    The poise should not be limited to 10...it said nothing about it in the ability..he is great yes but I spent 30k in 5 star shards to get him thinking I can get attack up to star lord max area
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

Thanks for the update. Is this just for the taunt refresh issue or does this include the poise charges being used on each consecutive hit on debuff immune champs?

the poise charges also get eaten up in a similar fashion by CW when he has armor ups, and ant man's glancing. i also expect that poise gets the same treatment with any other champ that decreases offensive ability accuracy.