**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ultron Evade

Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
When I fight against him in war he evades like a ninja but when I use him he evades once unlike war evading multiple hits. It happens when I swipe back making it impossible to block leading to a 5 hit combo. His description says every 7 seconds function evade. Is he supposed to evade a full combo or one hit? Why in war does he seem to evade more? It also seems like abilities trigger WAY more in war when fighting defenders. The reason I'm posting this is I'm using him for the Abomination fight RTL 4.6. He will randomly evade once when I'm trying to parry or swipe back (more like a stutter step backwards) mid fight leaving me open for a combo that knocks him out. Just trying to understand how this function works b/c it's completely different in war fights (evades full combos) when fighting him than when I use him for harder content w/ poison or bleed.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Every 7 seconds, he gains a passive evade charge. This charge gives him a X% change to evade the next attack.
    The change to evade is not revealed in the game.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Every 7 seconds, he gains a passive evade charge. This charge gives him a X% change to evade the next attack.

I don't think this is how it works exactly. I think every seven seconds Ultron gains a hidden evade buff, and that buff has an unspecified duration during which he can evade attacks. That's how he can evade several attacks in rapid succession.
  • Options
    MalekithMalekith Posts: 29
    The evade chance covers a set period of time. If the cadence of incoming hits are quick enough to fit into that 1 second of evasion he will evade multiple times.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Every 7 seconds, Ultron gains 100% evade chance for .5 seconds. He will evade all attacks in that .5 second duration so if you somehow performed 1000 attacks in that .5 second, he will evade all of the 1000 attacks
  • Options

That's how Classic Ultron works. Every 7 seconds, he gets a hidden "evade charge" giving him a 100% chance to evade the next attack
  • Options
    GbSarkar wrote: »

That's how Classic Ultron works. Every 7 seconds, he gets a hidden "evade charge" giving him a 100% chance to evade the next attack

"This charge gives him a X% change to evade the next attack."
    Ultron (AoU) has a % chance to activate the evade charge after those 7 seconds. Classic Ultron is 100%.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Ultron (AoU) has a % chance to activate the evade charge after those 7 seconds. Classic Ultron is 100%.

Nope ... what GbSarkar said is true ... Ultron (AoU) has a .5 seconds window after every 7 seconds in which he evades 100% of attacks. You can time it with a stop watch.

I used to remember all the time instances when Ultron was always the AW boss. Forgot them now. I think the first instance is at 2:47 or 48 but not sure.

That's not true either. I can be 5 minutes fightning against an Ultron (AoU) without he evades once. Is rare, but possible.
    On the other hand, Ultron (Classic) evades 100% of the times every 7 seconds, even while he is stunned (activates the evade charge, but doesn't really evade while stunned).
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    On the topic of Ultron's evades...

I have Ultron on my AQ team for his immunities. I was using him against a red symboid. The red symboid lauched his l2 (4 strikes, the same as Rhino's l2), and I blocked it to take some damage and trigger Ultron's regen. Ultron blocked the first punch, auto-evaded the second, then got hit by the last two punches and died.

Thanks a lot, Ultron.
  • Options
    spumington wrote: »
    On the topic of Ultron's evades...

I have Ultron on my AQ team for his immunities. I was using him against a red symboid. The red symboid lauched his l2 (4 strikes, the same as Rhino's l2), and I blocked it to take some damage and trigger Ultron's regen. Ultron blocked the first punch, auto-evaded the second, then got hit by the last two punches and died.

Thanks a lot, Ultron.

That happens with DD vs Agent Venom too...
    Agent Venom launches sp1, DD evades some projectiles, then get hit by the rest of them.
  • Options
    My comment disappeared?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    My comment disappeared?

EDIT: Double post...this forum is as wonky as the last one smh
  • Options
    So video tags are disabled too?
    Can't even edit my previous comment to remove the video tags and add url tags for some reason even if 15 minutes is not over
  • Options
    Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Guys thanks for the input. I was fighting Abomination and his moveset is slow. In war or quest I'm usually using a female or quick champ so it makes sense.