**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Does anybody else think the War scoring need a complete overhaul

We just lost a war, and I mean a close war by 100 points. Ahead on everything apart from attack bonus. Had 30 kills more than the other alliance and lose. Yeah it's a bitter pill to swallow and I'm annoyed. But there is no reward for ranking up defenders etc and working on them when they are getting multiple kills. I think the scoring system seriously needs looking it. Seems the alliances willing to spend the most money and units are the 1s who are succeeding. Where does that leave the mid level guys. This war win would of put us into platinum, now it seems we are destined for gold 1.

I think the mini bosses and boss should command a much higher attack bonus system or the kills from them should count at least

Comments

• Options
    Seems the alliances willing to spend the most money and units are the 1s who are succeeding.

Seems like the alliance that got way more attack bonus succeeded. You are unlikely to find much sympathy - especially among the Gold 1/Platinum 3 and higher alliances - for the idea that even though the other guys got far more attack bonus, the scoring system is broken because it didn't give you more points for defender kills.

You do get rewarded for ranking up defenders: you deny the other side attack bonus, which is in effect points in your favor. But the game rewards balanced defender sets more than unbalanced ones: a defense placement that gets ten kills on one defender and zero on another scores less points than a placement that gets two kills on both defender nodes. That's not fair or unfair, that just is how the game works and everyone knows and has to play by those rules.
  • Options
    Grandpajb50Grandpajb50 Posts: 13
    I agree scoring not fair.

For one, without penialization for not placing 5 defenders per player that enters war, the alliance with fewer defenders placed has an unfair advantage over alliance who placed 5 defenders per player because of lack of other alliance having the opportunity to score attack bonus points against the alliance who placed fewer defenders.
  • Options
    Grandpajb50Grandpajb50 Posts: 13
    After further thought on this matter, I believe scoring would be more fair if each team received max attack bonus for visiting any defender spot which is vacant.

By doing this, you eliminate the advantage one team can have against the other by placing fewer defenders. Because, fewer defenders on one team gives that team an unfair advantage over the other when both have 100% defender kills due to the fact they can score more kills.
  • Options
    TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    edited April 2019
    The attack bonus is calculated by each attack node that is being covered not by defender defeated. So an alliance that has placed less defenders is at an disadvantage.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,728 Guardian

After further thought on this matter, I believe scoring would be more fair if each team received max attack bonus for visiting any defender spot which is vacant.

By doing this, you eliminate the advantage one team can have against the other by placing fewer defenders. Because, fewer defenders on one team gives that team an unfair advantage over the other when both have 100% defender kills due to the fact they can score more kills.

Just to amplify what others are saying and to clarify what happens, you don't get attack bonus for killing the defender. You *lose* attack bonus every time you die, and you get what's left when you occupy the node.

In other words, every node that you *can* place a defender on has 240 attack bonus points sitting there. When you take the node, you "scoop up" those points. If there's a defender there, you lose 80 points every time you die or time out. If there's no defender there, then when you move into that node "unchallenged" you get all 240 points, because you didn't die.

To repeat: you don't gain attack bonus points by killing the defender. You lose attack bonus points by dying to the defender. If there's no defender, you get all the attack bonus simply because you don't die.

Separately, when you kill a defender you cost the other side points for reducing their "defenders remaining" bonus, but that's a bonus you can only get by placing defenders in the first place. So it is never to your advantage to not place a defender. Even a 1* defender is better than nothing, insofar as it can't hurt you to place something there, and if by some chance the opposing alliance never reaches that node, you'd actually get 250 points for that defender under the "defenders remaining" bonus.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Yea considering 4loki spent all of last season losing wars on purpose and gifting 4 of the top 5 alliances with a massive bonus for defenders remaining, the scoring system needs to change.

If you lose on purpose and leave defenders up, your own score should be penalized. You shouldn’t be able to gift hundreds of thousands of points to your opponent and ruin the integrity of the leaderboard.