**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ability accuracy reduction ? How to do the math

TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
I used a max sig black widow versus a science champ (Hulk Ragnarok )
Used 2 synergies from quake the one with black widow herself and the one with Hawkeye

Black widow versus science is 70+15% according to Kabam in the past
Both the synergies add another 15%
Being safe it’s
0,7 + 0,15 + 0,7 X 0,15 + 0,7x 0,15 = 106 %
Even more safe 0,7 + 3x 0,7x0,15 = 101,6 %

How is it possible that I still take thorn damage ??????? I just don’t understand it ?

Comments

• Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Ummm no
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    The synergies increase your ability Accuracy and anyway you can’t get over 100% no matter what because of diminishing returns (except maybe archangel?)
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Also its 85% ×1.15 ×1.15 = about 92% so still a chance to have thorns damage
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Ability accuracy (like from HE) does not factor into subtlety, potency does and that is only gained through Quake.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ok that’s where I went wrong @CoatHang3r

So it’s only 70*1,15+15%= 95,5 % with some bad rng at my side ?

@Patchie93 could you eloborate on how you get to that result if I type it into a calculator it’s over 100%
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Treo wrote: »
    Ok that’s where I went wrong @CoatHang3r

So it’s only 70*1,15+15%= 95,5 % with some bad rng at my side ?
    Something like that. There might be something left out of the official explaination though (like quake>BW being a unique synergy). As I’ve taken double quake>BW against 5.4.6 electro and taken the reflective damage during tests in the past.
  • Options
    But to be honest I don’t understand what Hawkeyes synergy with quake does enhances ? @CoatHang3r do you have an idea ?
  • Options
    HE’s synergy affects status effects like HE’s bleed chance, and moves into all characters with abilites who have a chance to proc status effects.

- "Potency" means the overall strength of the status effect. A stun will last longer, and have higher chance to activate if not already at 100%. That means Quake's aftershock charges will deal more damage, have higher chance to stun the opponent and so on. Blackwidow's subtlety is also affected by this if you don't already have it at signature level 99.

Meanwhile, Hawkeye's synergy works for the entire team that you bring. That one just affects the accuracy of status effects. That means abilities like Hawkeye's Hemorrhage also status effects like Black Panther's CW Armor ups will trigger more often. Hope you guys have fun with this new synergy!
  • Options
    Thanks ! It’s for something to activate only ... not for something to “not”’trigger
  • Options
    Treo wrote: »
    Thanks ! It’s for something to activate only ... not for something to “not”’trigger

The Quake-Hawkeye synergy confused and still confuses a lot of people especially when discussed in the same breath as Black Widow's signature ability. The important thing to remember is that Black Widow's sig ability does NOT have a X% chance to occur. It *always* triggers. What it does when it triggers is lowers the target's defensive ability accuracy. Think of the opponent's defensive ability accuracy as just a number. Black Widow has a 100% chance to lower that number by some value on a hit. A synergy that improves BW's ability accuracy would have no effect on that ability, because that ability is already triggering 100% of the time.

The Quake-Black Widow synergy enhances ability accuracy, duration, and potency. Potency is the strength of the effect. Black Widow's signature ability triggers 100% of the time so ability accuracy improvement does nothing. It only affects the target explicitly when struck so duration improvement also does nothing. But BW's signature ability does have a strength: it reduces opponent defensive ability accuracy by a certain value. That value is the ability's potency. That *can* be increased by the Quake-Black Widow synergy.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    ogsh4oi3wqgj.jpg
  • Options
    @Patchie93 that calculation and your prior one are not correct based on discussions that involved Kabam but were vaporized on the old forums. This came up recently and my own notes show the correct interpretation of the abilities is 70% * 1.15 + 15% = 95.5%. In other words, the synergy increases the base value of the ability, and the class advantage/disadvantage is applied completely independently of all synergy bonuses.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I've heard people say that synergy doesn't increase widow's base ability rather adds an additional independent chance for her ability to trigger. So when hitting a thorns enemy there are essentially three rolls to stop the damage an 85% roll against science champions then a separate 15% and another separate 15% roll from the synergies. It's unlikely but definitely possible to miss all three rolls. That may be incorrect but I've seen people explain it that way before
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Patchie93 in your first comment you said 85% now you are using 70% ofcourse its A different result :)

In my initial question there was 3x a 15% (which were used in your first calculation) in your calculation now you only used 2

Now one has said one of the synergies does not work on her sig ability ... that would account for one less 15% but at that point that was not said
  • Options
    @Sungj I know that’s how her stun synergies with hulk works (which was originally strange but now I find some logic in that because it does Give every champ a 25% stun chance in specials ... and I have heard it about this too ... but I find that strange and pretty impossible to implement correctly ...