**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bring revive penalties back to AW!

These should be brought back to aw, as without them, it's literally just whoever spends more. By removing these penalties, you are removing every aspect of skill from the most competitive game mode in MCOC! this needs to be changed!

Comments

• Perhaps just a threshold? For example after 6 defender kills you start losing points, or give defender kills after 6? That way buying kills won't be as easily done.
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    Perhaps just a threshold? For example after 6 defender kills you start losing points, or give defender kills after 6? That way buying kills won't be as easily done.

It's an insanely small portion of the playerbase that does that, I genuinely think that it was FAR more skill based when there was a penalty for reviving.
  • ContestChampContestChamp Posts: 32
    Can’t happen. Alliances could collude and just force close to inflate points give to opposing alliance.
    Can’t happen. Alliances could collude and just force close to inflate points give to opposing alliance.

Yeah, but what about all those alliances that aren't cheating? They are losing points and losing wars because the opponent has deeper pockets.
  • Considering we've won, and lost wars by 1 attack bonus, the skill aspect is still there. I rarely see defenders getting epic kills at our level. Unless our opponents aren't that skilled. Most of the time, when I see more than 3 kills on any single defender, we end up winning. What's your Alliance's average attack bonus total if you don't mind me asking? We get on average 465-470. Anytime we get less than 460, it ends up being a close war. Anytime we break 465, it's typically a win.
    just check out our alliance, my Ign is Lujarandlukey98
    We're down in silver even though we are full of good players. We have an insane defence but since we get no points for the opponents reviving, our wins:losses ratio is down the toilet.
  • @Felganos - Your War rating is not what I'm asking about. Go into the war history and check out the last few wars. Look for the attack bonus numbers in the overview. see how many you're getting per war. My Alliance is in Gold 1, we run a full 150 diversity, and our wins come from a lack of deaths on our end. We don't rely on defenders to do the job. You can get a max of 495 attack bonus per war. 165 per BG. 15 of which are freebies when you do 100% exploration. If your Alliance is not scoring higher than 450 attack bonus regularly, I would suggest working on attack strategies. You gain more from attack skills now. I would put more stock into your attack squads.
    @Felganos - Your War rating is not what I'm asking about. Go into the war history and check out the last few wars. Look for the attack bonus numbers in the overview. see how many you're getting per war. My Alliance is in Gold 1, we run a full 150 diversity, and our wins come from a lack of deaths on our end. We don't rely on defenders to do the job. You can get a max of 495 attack bonus per war. 165 per BG. 15 of which are freebies when you do 100% exploration. If your Alliance is not scoring higher than 450 attack bonus regularly, I would suggest working on attack strategies. You gain more from attack skills now. I would put more stock into your attack squads.

We normally win with about 280 attack bonus...
    RogerRabs wrote: »
    There is a penalty for reviving. It means you lost an attack bonus

there used to be another penalty for using them
  • YIKES!! Yeah, work on those attack bonuses and the wins will come MUCH easier. Are you clearing 100% regularly? @RogerRabs is right though. You lose 80 points each time you lose an attack bonus. That's the penalty. However, when they start racking up 6+ kills there should be some type of gain from it just the same. Occasionally our Bosses will rack up 20+ kills. But the main defenders rarely get more than 2 kills. Minis around 2-4 max. Then again, we're a 15.7 million rated Alliance. Often times our competition is just as skilled as we are. Our matches all season have been close. Always within a few hundred points in either direction. With the exception of 1 war where the opponents didn't get the Boss down and we won by over 20k. Your war rating is within a few points of ours @Felganos , but the difference is we 100% all 3 BGs with 460+ in attack bonus.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Felganos wrote: »
    We're down in silver even though we are full of good players. We have an insane defence but since we get no points for the opponents reviving, our wins:losses ratio is down the toilet.

Define "Insane Defense". If you mean "8x IMIW, 6x Domino, 13x Medusa and 4x Korg" you actually have a terrible setup.

If you mean "100% diversity in 3bg" and you are still losing, you should die less. Any war we complete <10 deaths is a win, because we will have almost full attack bonus + full diversity.
  • I don’t think there ever were actual points associated with Reviving. Whether you revived and then let your heroes sit there with 325 health (to make it look to your teammates like you didn’t die), or if you left them KO, did not (and still does not) affect points. What was changed was from giving your opponent points for each fight you lose against them, is now giving you own team a Bonus for winning that fight (bonus is lowered for each time it takes you to beat that defender, up to 3 attempts). It is basically the same, except for no longer continuing to rack up points in cases where it takes more than 3 attempts to kill a node.
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    You’re in silver and complaining about “deep pockets”. Wait until you move up, you’ll be in for a big surprise.
  • Felganos wrote: »
    RogerRabs wrote: »
    There is a penalty for reviving. It means you lost an attack bonus

there used to be another penalty for using them

I simply do not recall that Kabam has ever introduced penalties for using items even prior to Seasons. The scoring system may differ but surely there isn’t one that penalises you for using items. So I can only deduce what you typed is completely and factually incorrect.

Your alliance is in Silver3 now prior to Seasons rewards. So I don’t really get the ‘down into Silver’ when in actual fact you’re already there to begin with? Could it be you’re simply over exaggerating?

My stash is filled with revives, heals and boosts I collected over-time using either loyalty or glory. I don’t recall that has ever diminish my ‘skills’ playing the game.

And to the point about skills, what exactly is the measurement of skill? You mean swiping left-to-right, and right-to-left and occasionally tapping on a mobile/tablet device is considered a skill? Seriously now, that’s just superior muscle reflex to me! Try playing with your feet whilst eating a sandwich and KO your oppo in the process. now, that’s a skill to behold. Everything else is just noise to me.
    Mbizz wrote: »
    You’re in silver and complaining about “deep pockets”. Wait until you move up, you’ll be in for a big surprise.

Buddy, we may be in silver, but take a look at my alliance. We are 7 million rating and should be much higher for the champs and skills that about 15 of us have
    The problem is we have another 13-15 jack-offs who die nearly constantly
    Mbizz wrote: »

Also, may I add that we somehow still get matched up with 15 million alliances XD
    Ign: Lujarandlukey98
  • I think he was referring to defense kill points @Threedeadkings . However, I'm in the same boat. Have tons of revives, health pots, and boosts in my stash. But I will say that timing, and knowing how to use the champs requires more than just randomly tapping and swiping too. I think using the wording experienced vs inexperienced would be better than saying skilled vs not skilled in this case. If that makes more sense. Not everyone knows how to properly utilize their champs, or how to counter other champs. So I guess in turn they'd lack experience?

@Marri_2 - Agreed. Loading your defense with a bunch of 'God Tier' defenders isn't really the best course of action. Most of those you listed have all been figured out. When a champ is new, they're a bit more effective, until their quirks have been figured out. Domino, IWIM, Korg, Medusa, etc all are fairly easy to stomp into the ground if you understand how to beat them. Utilizing a full 150 diversity lineup is far more effective IMO. The more attack bonuses you can maintain, the better your odds of winning are.

So @Felganos if your opposition is constantly getting rolled by your defense (in the sense they're buying the win), and you're still losing... work on a better attack strategy. You said it yourself, you're only getting 280 attack bonus. That's INCREDIBLY low considering you can max out at 495. Gotta clear that map 100% every time, and do your best not to lose more than 20-30 attack bonuses. Your Alliance could be pulling down Gold 1 with that war rating. Just need to get those BGs clearing 100%. I'm F2P like the majority of my Alliance. We don't buy our wins. We do our best to hang on to every attack bonus, and clear 100%. Just takes time, strategy, good communication, and experience to do it. Best of luck in the future.
  • With a attack rating that low you should be in bronze lol
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    280 that's 2 bgs right otherwisentour averaging 215 deaths a war?

Drooped is right, we're doing 2 bgs because we can't have the remaining 10 jack-offs contribute about 6x the deaths we would normally get.
  • Prime_Saviour02Prime_Saviour02 Posts: 71
    edited January 2019
    Your very rude towards your other members in your alliance.

You know to get higher in AW, you need team work and your type of attitude definitely wouldn't help.

Maybe try helping them! if not find another alliance, which you don't have the high and mighty attitude with.

You know to get higher in AW, you need team work and your type attitude deffiently wouldn't help.

Maybe try helping them! if not find another alliance, which you don't have the high and mighty attitude with.

That isn't my attitude to them. I am far more friendly normally... I just really hate seeing how far we have fallen. We were in gold 1 a few seasons back and have only gotten worse from there... It makes me sad and honestly I know we can do better, but while we have lazy people that aren't willing to give it their all, we can't do that. I sincerely apologise if I sounded rude at any point during my post or comment. Thanks for your suggestions everyone :D
  • Felganos wrote: »

You know to get higher in AW, you need team work and your type attitude deffiently wouldn't help.

That isn't my attitude to them. I am far more friendly normally... I just really hate seeing how far we have fallen. We were in gold 1 a few seasons back and have only gotten worse from there... It makes me sad and honestly I know we can do better, but while we have lazy people that aren't willing to give it their all, we can't do that. I sincerely apologise if I sounded rude at any point during my post or comment. Thanks for your suggestions everyone :D

Looking at your alliance, it seems some of your guys are suited for Gold 3 tops.

It seems the fall to silver might be due to your officers recruiting lower tier members. Might be best to ask one of your officers the direction they intended to aim for.

You have a few R4 5* so really should be aiming for a 5x5 AQ, gold 2/1 skill dependent of course. So if they don't aim to recruit higher or push higher I would suggest looking else where.
  • On the subject regarding defender kills points.

With the way it is now. I think its perfect. Just because since they introduced attack bonus with diversity, I've not come across any ties.

Ties use to do my head in lol
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Possible Solutions:
    We are a laid back alliance, run 1 BG AW, and make Gold.

1. Try rotating in players who are dedicated into 1 BG wars and make sure everyone who genuinely participates gets 5 wars for Season rewards. Let the others (lazy ones?) know what is required for them to rotate into the AW and give them a chance occasionally to prove themselves but maintain the standards.

2. Also, consider assigning paths for awhile so your team members know what nodes to expect and can plan their attackers and skill sets accordingly.

4. If there are patterns of weakness against certain opponents, like NC, IMIW, Emma, Domino, Korg, etc. then ask a few members to become experts of one of them each. Find a duel target and duel daily until you can beat them with almost any champ.

4. Conquer all WARS!